Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events > How Fast Are You? Online Points Series

Old 2007.08.26, 10:31 PM   #1
svt-racer

HFAY Season 4 CHANGE PROPOSAL MOTION! ALLOW ONCE AGAIN THE TWO DROP RACES RULE!!!

I hereby would like to request a modification to this season's rule regarding race drops. At the present time, the current rules state no drops whatsoever for this season.

I propose we re-incorporate last years rule on this regard that allowed a person to have TWO dropped races in the season. This allowance would cover of course a day or two that you cannot make it to the races or simply a very bad race day where you wished you would have stayed home instead of racing like it happens to all of us every now and then. Simply allowing the two drops will benefit everybody accross the board, and not allowing any drops will benefit only a few.

With your voting, we can convince all the judges to revert this ruling back to what we had last season and keep the two drops. Believe me, you will all benefit from this one at any given point this season.

Let the voting begin!

One for me to change the ruling back to two drops for this season 4.
Next!!!

Last edited by svt-racer; 2007.08.26 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Modified content.
svt-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 05:22 AM   #2
short

i vote yes
short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 08:08 AM   #3
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
Unless your a judge in the series, this thread is a moot point. Since this post is not in the Judges forum, I'll assume your not.

Talk to the HFAY judge of your club to lobby for your desire to drop races. That is how the process works.
Old 2007.08.27, 08:47 AM   #4
YBSLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman1
Unless your a judge in the series, this thread is a moot point. Since this post is not in the Judges forum, I'll assume your not.

Talk to the HFAY judge of your club to lobby for your desire to drop races. That is how the process works.
They will probably change it for next season. It would be really uncool to change now since we have all ready run 6 of the 12 races.
Protoform Bodies, Hot Race Tyres
Hood's Hobbies & DJ's Porsche Garage
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 09:20 AM   #5
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

As Gasman mentioned if you are in favor or opposed to the drops you should talk to your local judge. The judges talk ALOT behind the scenes here so your voice is definitely heard.

We went back and forth for a while on the Drops ruling and I think each judge tried their best to represent their racers but it's hard to please everyone. The "votes" on this thread won't mean much but I think it's still worthwhile to discuss your opinion here.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 10:26 AM   #6
imxlr8ed

Like I said previously... we are all free to lobby and discuss our sides of it as much as we want to, but the decision will come dowm to a Judge vote. The Judges should go with the majority of their club, (if they want to please their members anyways... yes, you're politicians as well now ) and voice their club's opinion in the Judges forum. We can't have a vote between all the participants, your club's Judge is your representative... this will keep the voting fair.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2007.08.27 at 10:29 AM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 10:45 AM   #7
briankstan

the only proplem with posting a poll in the general forum is that people vote even though they are not even participating in the HFAY races.

however,

I will follow this thread and since there has been quite a bit of talk about the drops being added back in we as judges will be watching the discusstions.

Make sure that if you have interest either way you make your opionions known. that is the only way your club judge knows how your feel about the subject.

I will note that all discussions will be for a rule changed for Season 5, We can NOT change rules for the current season because we have already began the season.

Last edited by briankstan; 2007.08.28 at 09:17 AM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 04:08 PM   #8
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
It's true, only Judges can vote. It's good to hear what drivers from other clubs think.

If drivers want there voice heard, this is a good place. If you feel strongly about this issue (one way or the other) it would be a good idea to have the club you are racing with in your signature or in your profile.

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.27, 06:56 PM   #9
svt-racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
I will note that all discussions will be for a rule changed for Season 5, We can NOT change rules for the current season because we have already began the season.

The original intent for the post is to change the current rules to allow the two drops. Just because the season started, it doesn't mean it it could not be valid. Really!

I would happilly encourage all the people that participate in the HFAY series to voice their opinions publicly and bring this up for review and ammendment this year.

I really cannot think what the heck the judges were thinking when they passed this rule change for this year.

This is the first series ever that I have participated that does not allow a race drop in their rules. Instead of promoting the series and the hobby with sensible rules that allow some flexibility from peoples' schedule point of view, we get completely the opposite. By making the series so strict, it seems to me that it is focusing to cater towards the die hard hobbyists out there that no matter whether it rains or shine, they will make all the races of the season. Requiring 100% committment to the complete schedule of the season is no way of helping to promote and grow the series.

If you guys wish to increase the enrollment on the series with more clubs and more people within the existing clubs, you must consider having flexible rules that allow participants to remain in the series even after missing one or a couple of races in the season. When I mean remain in the series....I mean, with a good chance of being in the top 10 or 20. I think most of you guys will get the point without me typing too much more.
Old 2007.08.27, 07:52 PM   #10
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt-racer
100% committment
Your words right here are what we were thinking about when we came to our first vote. To take away from someone who is driven to this level seems a shame to do.

I will remind all once again... the new pre-run regulation should only make it easier for all of a clubs racers to attend events. We ran our first 2 events right off the bat, coulda ran 3 if we weren't screwing around so much. The first month is the one that some missed and seem to be upset about... I know, I have a few in my club who missed out on the first 2 events altogether. That's on them... they knew what "no drops" meant when they voted for it.

And... once again I would like to remind all that this is still a growing series, and we are easily conformed to whatever makes it better for all, this is only one season out of many to come... if we need to swing it back to the drops for Season 5, no problem!

Be heard... let your club Judge know what you want, and make sure he/she gets your word out to us!

(oh yeah... got tired of chewing )

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 2007.08.27 at 07:59 PM.
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.28, 07:15 AM   #11
wwwes
Red River Racers

I am a judge, and definately in favor of maintaining some consistancy with the drops. We are a small club and right now I am scrambling to find a car to run this months event. My ma-010 has a burned fet from running this years hfay motor.I love the competition and the fact that our small club from Texas, and Arkansas gets to see where we stack up against some of the best. But I think the drops are essential in this time of transition from the stock motor, to the spec motor.

Last edited by wwwes; 2007.08.28 at 12:27 PM.
wwwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.28, 07:41 PM   #12
svt-racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwes
I am a judge, and definately in favor of maintaining some consistancy with the drops. We are a small club and right now I am scrambling to find a car to run this months event. My ma-010 has a burned fet from running this years hfay motor.I love the competition and the fact that our small club from Texas, and Arkansas gets to see where we stack up against some of the best. But I think the drops are essential in this time of transition from the stock motor, to the spec motor.

You make an iteresting point here where we are all running a brand new motor and some people are already having problems with it as described above. I wonder if situations like this one were considered at all when you guys proposed to eliminate the two drops. I willing to say that the people proposing it were thinking if you want to participate in the HFAY series, either you run all the events with 100% committment or you are simply out of luck of getting a chance to be in the top 10 or top 20 bracket. Sorry. Try again next year when maybe we change the rules back.

Sorry if I make some of you judges uncomfortable with this discussion thread, but I believe something has to be done about it. Help to grow and promote the hobby and the HFAY series with rules that make sense. I don't believe that we need to wait until next year for modifying this rule... It is not like saying...hey we are changing the motor to something like that, so I have to go out and buy something new or anything remotely like that.

Last edited by svt-racer; 2007.08.28 at 07:45 PM.
Old 2007.08.28, 08:58 PM   #13
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt-racer

Sorry if I make some of you judges uncomfortable with this discussion thread, but I believe something has to be done about it. Help to grow and promote the hobby and the HFAY series with rules that make sense. I don't believe that we need to wait until next year for modifying this rule... It is not like saying...hey we are changing the motor to something like that, so I have to go out and buy something new or anything remotely like that.
I think the discussion is well warranted and uncomfortable or not it's worth having, that's what the forums are for.

The judges discussed back and forth for several weeks about the drops. You would not believe how many factors went back and forth with this vote. In the end it was majority rule. All of the judges voted and we went with the majority. Not every one agreed to the drops (it was actually probably a 40/60 decision) but we went with the majority vote.

What you need to realize is that you need to pass your vote on to your personal judge so they can accurately represent you for the next season. This is a growing series and we are experimenting with things to make it better. The spec motor is one of them and the no drops rule is another.

****Talk to your judges, make your opinion known. Your judges represent your and can vote in your favor to effect change.****
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.07, 08:24 PM   #14
wolfman

I am new to miniz racing. I agree two drops would work best.
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.09, 11:56 PM   #15
will3kgt

I believe that we should have the two drops. I'm quite suprised that the judges voted on no drops and that most of the members would vote for no drops. Some racers (like myself) will benefit from no drops, but the OLPS point system will not. I want what's best for the series, not me.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote