Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.08.13, 04:37 PM   #106
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
Somewhere along the lines I think you guys don't understand the technology and it's limitations and maybe this is the mistake on the manufacturer's part. There are only so many channels that you can create on a certain frequency bands that will be allowed by government regulations. You cannot create what ever you like and disregard the local government. All systems will have some type of problems once in a while and NO system is always perfect.

As I have stated twice so far, if there is a problem you should send in your module. If the issue is a manufacturer's defect we (KO PROPO America) will not charge you for labor and shipping back to you. (If you send a copy of your receipt to show proof that this was purchased in North America). If you are outside of North America, you will have to contact the distributor in your region where you purchased the item from to get service.
i understand the technology KO and Kyosho opted for a small piece of the 2.4 band width....It doesnt come for free and the fact mini z is a small pc of RC I can accept that.
What bothers me is the technology itself. When the band width gets congested my bind freaks....and it causes me to rebind. If I shut down and waited 5 minutes then powered up and it re communicated that would be a plus. So far all Im hearing is in Cali we had a big race and nobody lost there binds....If you have a problem send it in....
I have a binding problem i lost the bind on 3 occasions both me and my son .
UR-1 TXs and the KO module. We use the UR1 TXs with spektrum brand modules for 1/10 racing and havent had any issues. Im ruling out the TX as a problem. I will send the modules back for repair....If you find nothing is wrong and I lose a bind again where do I stand? The reality is im a mini z maniac and im not going away....(15 -2.4 mini zs...) I need to hear that KO is commited to keep on doing better to make mini z racing more pleasurable for the masses......
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.13, 04:55 PM   #107
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
i understand the technology KO and Kyosho opted for a small piece of the 2.4 band width....It doesnt come for free and the fact mini z is a small pc of RC I can accept that.
What bothers me is the technology itself. When the band width gets congested my bind freaks....and it causes me to rebind. If I shut down and waited 5 minutes then powered up and it re communicated that would be a plus. So far all Im hearing is in Cali we had a big race and nobody lost there binds....If you have a problem send it in....
I have a binding problem i lost the bind on 3 occasions both me and my son .
UR-1 TXs and the KO module. We use the UR1 TXs with spektrum brand modules for 1/10 racing and havent had any issues. Im ruling out the TX as a problem. I will send the modules back for repair....If you find nothing is wrong and I lose a bind again where do I stand? The reality is im a mini z maniac and im not going away....(15 -2.4 mini zs...) I need to hear that KO is commited to keep on doing better to make mini z racing more pleasurable for the masses......
To constantly lose your bind, then there is a problem with the module that you are using. Could be firmware, module pin connection, module board, etc. I wouldn't be able to tell you until it gets serviced. All issues that we have seen that have come through, will be looked at for each module. If the module is operating correctly, there should be no problems. We will continue to service or replace the modules if they are defective.

Now if the board (Receiver) is the issue, I cannot help you with that sorry. Even though it was made by KO Japan, KO America does not service this product as it must be sent to Kyosho for service.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.15, 09:35 PM   #108
Digitalis West

One thing to remember is that only a small portion of the 2.4GHz bandwidth is available by government regulation. This applies to everyone, not just KO, not just RC controller manufacturers... but everyone. This means that everything in this band range is competing for the same bandwidth including wireless routers, cordless telphones, wireless video (security cameras), bluetooth everything, etc, etc. These other devices may be congesting the band more than the controllers themselves.

It does seem as though the KO Mini-Z system may not be as robust in the face of interference as some other systems. That said, keep in mind that Mini-Z races are often held indoors with all of the wireless convinences nearby. Races with other controllers (other scales) are usually held outdoors or in larger facilities, away from 2.4GHz interference. Turning off, or limiting use of other 2.4GHz spectrum devices may help a lot.

Is there any intention of selling the KO BandMonitor in the US? This might also help people understand what is happening at an event.
Digitalis West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.04, 11:45 AM   #109
yscheong

I have just change my EX-10 to EX-10 Eurus, still using the 901sm module. While using the 901sm module, I can select 3 mode to have different respond. Just want to know if I change to 902sm which only have Mini Z mode if not mistaken. It is equal to which mode on 901sm?
yscheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.04, 03:54 PM   #110
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yscheong View Post
I have just change my EX-10 to EX-10 Eurus, still using the 901sm module. While using the 901sm module, I can select 3 mode to have different respond. Just want to know if I change to 902sm which only have Mini Z mode if not mistaken. It is equal to which mode on 901sm?
from what I understand none of them......the 902sm is superior to the 901sm.
with the new module you now have the ability to use the span of a function 100% not 60 %. If you feel something is too aggresive for your driving style you can tone it down.
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.09.18, 11:46 AM   #111
redneckracer

Hey

Hey i have a question for KO staff , i put some fresh batteries in my radio (helios ) today and turned it on and pooff ... the module fried . ??? Whats up with that ??? The radio still turns on fine , i tried my spektrum module and it works fine but my mini-z asf module is done . Its only a month old and iam supposed to race tonight . Has this happened to anyone else ?
redneckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.05, 07:34 AM   #112
danny250r

does the eurus have a fail safe mode
danny250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.07, 12:55 PM   #113
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Whats the part number for the memory expansion for the helios,and where can i get one? I love my tx but 9 model memory isn't enough anymore.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.08, 03:45 PM   #114
danny250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny250r View Post
does the eurus have a fail safe mode

anybody anybody
danny250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.27, 05:38 PM   #115
kromie101

ok here is my issue, was at a race a week ago and my sons helios worked fine till the end of the day. we started having glitch issues. thought it was the car,module and the motor. changed all three and was the same glitch.

week later tried another motor again and same glitch,so we tried another radio with same module and it worked fine.we tried 3 different radios and it worked fine.

so my plan was to send the radio back to KO. a day later i just wanted to make sure one more time before i sent it off. guess what , it works know.what is the deal. took out module and put it back in just to see if i could get it to mess up and it works fine. not sure if i should still send it or not?

does anybody know what the switch is on the radio behind the module? any help would be awesome. thanks again,eric
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.11.27, 08:05 PM   #116
mdowney
Pew-Pew!

I bought the EX-10 EURUS that comes with the Mini-Z module. Does it also come with the standard module or do I need to purchase the RF-901S seperately with an Rx in order to use the Tx with my larger-scale cars?
mdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.04, 02:32 PM   #117
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Whats the part number for the memory expansion for the helios,and where can i get one? I love my tx but 9 model memory isn't enough anymore.
Kryten, you need the KO PROPO Data Pack for EX-10 Helios - we should have more in in the next week or so, please contact us if you'd like us to hold one for you - thanks!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.04, 02:35 PM   #118
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdowney View Post
I bought the EX-10 EURUS that comes with the Mini-Z module. Does it also come with the standard module or do I need to purchase the RF-901S seperately with an Rx in order to use the Tx with my larger-scale cars?
M, you actually want the RF-902S and KR-409S - email me and I'll get you sorted.
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.08, 06:30 PM   #119
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

KO and anybody else.

Anybody ever have your settings for a peticular model (car), for no reason loose all your settings and have totally differet settings on it. Example...TH. highpoint had at 72 and went to 100...TH. curve, went from -20 to + curve etc....ST. settings changed too. It cost me a possible win or top 3 at the recent Garden State Shootout at Majs. Till i figured out what happened , it was to late. Its a EURUS radio. I re-set the model and put my settings back in and for now its OK...........

KO or anybody???

THANKS

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.12.08, 07:32 PM   #120
Felix2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz View Post
Anybody ever have your settings for a peticular model (car), for no reason loose all your settings and have totally differet settings on it. Example...TH. highpoint had at 72 and went to 100...TH. curve, went from -20 to + curve etc....ST. settings changed too. It cost me a possible win or top 3 at the recent Garden State Shootout at Majs. Till i figured out what happened , it was to late. Its a EURUS radio. I re-set the model and put my settings back in and for now its OK...........

KO or anybody???

THANKS
Sounds like somebody done sabotaged you lfisminiz!!! For real though, I've never heard of Tx settings changing all by themselves. It doesn't seem too probable either, unless you accidentally swapped-over to another "Model#" and you forgot you used some of the unnamed Model#'s and changed some of the settings under those Model#'s, that the settings should be all weirded-out.
I'm thinking someone messed with your Eurus, intentionally or unintentionally...