Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.04.11, 09:10 PM   #46
easy

Hey Mini Z can you tell us the purpose of your question to TJF? I hope you won't come down on him for running a clone at your race track. You should take him up on the offer to check out the Iwaiver and see what it can do for you.

You do sell parts that fit it already and it would bring guys like me into your shop who won't pay the asking price for a Mini Z. TJF has been supporting your business and I've been encouraging him to tell you about the Iwaiver.

If you didn't realize TJF won a race at your track I guess you've already seen how good they are and it seem like they'd be a good addition to your inventory.

SSMT143 crawlers, the OL killers at 1/3 the price.
Old 2004.04.12, 10:13 AM   #47
TJFBryant

Send a message via MSN to TJFBryant
So..Here's my Mini Power white Puegot from Draconious, with a Iwaver light set (very good quality = to Kyosho...11.50) from Toy East, with an Iwaver CHassis, wheels and electronics from Toy East, with a Kyosho stock engine, C.F H-bar, high motor mount, CP 800 batteries and wheel nuts all from Erics Shop in Clifton Park, N.Y.

I like what I've done with it, I hope you all do too.

Total cost of modification... $95 USD.

Total cost to enjoy and drive it...priceless
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0314.JPG (321.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0316.JPG (322.8 KB, 62 views)
Old 2004.04.12, 10:20 AM   #48
TJFBryant

oh yeah I forgot..I am going to add a high mount damper system to the puegot (going to buy it from Eric) I will also buy more wheel bearings from his and probably an alloy...something. The Puegot is just for show.

I ll never race it....BTW do you know how hard it was to put a light set in that car??? There was barely any room for the wheels before I put the light set in....I had to do some major mods to the body to get it to fit. But it was worth the effort to me.
Old 2004.04.12, 10:35 AM   #49
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

Hey easy, Mini -Z Racing is not the owner of the CP mini raceway. He is a customer like me (except he has alot more track time then me )

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
Old 2004.04.12, 10:54 AM   #50
TJFBryant

ALot more track time than me too... Mainly becuase I work too much...lol
Otherwise..I'd be there 24-7
Old 2004.04.12, 11:07 AM   #51
easy

Ok, I just thought since I might have contributed to a rocking boat I should at least clarify TJF has had the lhs best interests in mind.

Old 2004.04.12, 02:11 PM   #52
ND4SPD

people defending themselves left and right here the last few days. I think that it is sad. Sure, support a buisness that you like -- that's great. But, if you are expected to feel ****ty about making a purchase outside of that business then things are going to hell.

Why can't we just keep this to the topic of the Iwaver. It is interesting enough at that level.
Old 2004.04.12, 02:29 PM   #53
PAULANGELO
Mini -Z Mutilator

I have not seen in this thread where anyone has been accused of anything. therefore I see no need for anyone to need to defend themselves. One question was asked to a member from another member that personally know each other. No one from the CP mini shop has entered this conversation and all is speculation on what Eric will or won't do. If TJFBryant wants to run his cars at the track, he is a member and has that right. He dosn't have to anounce that it is a clone or the real thing. Personally, I would like to see it just for information sake. As long as he signes out the frequency, and is a paid member that pays for his track time, I see nothing to defend.

The early bird gets the worm, But it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!
Old 2004.04.12, 03:43 PM   #54
easy

I agree, I don't think anyone is really defending themselves just discussing their positions. I think the discussion is related to the Iwaiver because I'd hate to see a car banned from use simply because it's not a name brand.

The Iwaiver is available to anyone who wants to buy them either as consumers or resellers. This discussion is about what one can expect if they buy an Iwaiver. Besides the quality of fit and function and the value for the money paid members do need to consider how they will be received by the local track owners if they want to race in sanctioned events.

The only reason everyone pretty much runs Mini Zs in the 1/28 class is because there haven't been any reasonably competitive options to the Mini Z. All others under 1/18 currently available are 1/24 scale as far as I know and most of those use a larger motor like the 1/18 cars.

I hope there will be others like the soon Iwaiver too. I'm not fond of monopolies and as long as Kyosho has no other competition in the class they get to dictate what people drive and pay. The Iwaiver is the first step in giving us some choice and I think choice is good for the hobby and the market.

Old 2004.04.12, 05:00 PM   #55
stuZ
mini-z muckraker

Quote:
I hope there will be others like the soon Iwaiver too. I'm not fond of monopolies and as long as Kyosho has no other competition in the class they get to dictate what people drive and pay. The Iwaiver is the first step in giving us some choice and I think choice is good for the hobby and the market.
Well said.
It'd be nice to see a few more serious players other than radio shack, and a well made clone, but at least it's a start.
Old 2004.04.12, 08:02 PM   #56
ND4SPD

yes, well said.

Ahh, the glorious land of competition... another hole to sink my money into
Old 2004.04.12, 08:44 PM   #57
TJFBryant

Well everyone....here's a few things....

First thank you Easy for defending my opinion...regardless if people like what I do with my Iwavers or not...I am glad a few people understand that what I do with clones and Kyosho...is clearly in the good spirit of true hobbyists, and RCer's.

ND4SPD... I honestly have nothing to defend myself for....I am merely voicing my excited positive opinion about the Iwaver

Paul Angelo...I will be at the CP shop on Thursday night with my Yellow and Black tool case... I ll bring my WHite Puegot with the Iwaver chassis with me..and ...later if you want to see it when people go home for the night or when there isn't a crowd..I ll show you.
Also,...I am a paid member of the CP track

As far as Monopolies go....I HATE them.
Thats it.

I love my Iwaver for my own reasons..and not because I am a cheap ass either... lol

So I guess the big question is.....WILL I ever run my Iwaver in the Points race for the Summer time (in stock or modified)???

You'll just have to find out!! :-) I can tell you for a FACT..that the electronics in the Iwaver are different and slightly inferior in Quality to Kyosho. (Meaning....the wires attached to the pcb are not soldered strongly like Kyosho...I resolder all my points....just for strength purposes. SO will they fall off if you don't resolder?? NO...I just do it because I like to be prepared.)
BUT even for all that is or seems to be lacking compared to the Kyosho brand....wouldn't it be ...just.............REALLY cool and exciting to take something...like the Iwaver and actually compete against cars YOU KNOW... are not only more expensive but even perhaps... more finely tuned?
BUT.......NOT just compete...but...do well. Very well.
Wouldn't that be worth the time effort and energy you put into the Iwaver to get it to that kind of level.. Competitively?
I think so....
Also.... for the money ....its worth it to me to shell out 40 USD.
for something I get to experiment on and not have to worry about frying a FET and losing a 100 USD PCB.
Old 2004.04.13, 01:44 AM   #58
easy

I think the Iwaiver is cool and the segment in the 1/28 class I look forward to seeing expand is the off road trucks. Imagine an Iwaiver priced OL or Mini T. I did ask Toyeast if they were going to expand the I waiver line up but they haven't said.

Maybe they will use proceeds from the current car to develop the others. In the mean time I plan to palce an Iwaiver order from Toyeast hopefully this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 2004.04.13, 02:46 AM   #59
easy

TJF, I was just looking at the chassis pics you posted again and noticed what look like shock mounts at the rear but no rear shock. Did you take it off before taking those pictures?

Old 2004.04.13, 07:20 AM   #60
Kerosene

TJFBryant, nice nice car - but you gotta learn how to spell P-e-u-g-e-o-t
And I've got to get one of those shells.

I had one of the old LXX Scale Racers (1st gen Iwaver). Only goes forward now (reverse blew up).
Closed Thread