Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.12.05, 12:49 PM   #1
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Race Event - Saturday - 12/06/08

Complete season schedule, rules, and prizes.

Notice: State Bridge Road may be closed from 8am until noon for the city's founders day parade. If you want to arrive before 12, you may want to check out alternate routes to get here or just plan on dealing with a few detours. Here is a link to more info on the road closures. http://www.johnscreekga.gov/news/200...5_detours.html.

I'll postpone the start of this race until 1:00 due to the road closings. The roads should be open at 12:00. So if you want to come right after 12:00, you'll still make it to race.

This Race Location
---------------------
Patrick's House (AtlRC)
Alpharetta (Johns Creek), GA
E-mail or call for directions.
(404) 754-3410

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 1:00pm (usually 12:00pm, changed to 1:00 for this race due to road closures)

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules
F1 - Any chassis mods and any FET safe motor.
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each (some still available for $10). This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track (foam mat surface)
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- 5 minute Qualifiers and 7 minute Mains.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!
Old 2008.12.05, 12:52 PM   #2
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Who can we expect for tomorrow?

Last edited by AtlRC; 2008.12.05 at 01:18 PM.
AtlRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.05, 01:52 PM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Patrick, Ive been in touch with Hank, and if its ok with you, Id like to attend.
Id be up for whatever classes you guys run.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.05, 02:05 PM   #4
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Patrick, Ive been in touch with Hank, and if its ok with you, Id like to attend.
Id be up for whatever classes you guys run.
Yes, it would be great if you could come! We'd love to have ya! Did Hank give you the address?

We'll most likely run Stock and F1.
Old 2008.12.05, 09:28 PM   #5
hpgod

I am in for both classes. I have the eco motor in my practice car for yall to try. It is definately more the speed for a new driver class. It has ok top speed but does not have alot of torque.
The new F1 suspension is together and runs good. I lost a rear spacer for carbon side. anyone have a spare one? I have the carbin peices I was standing up and it fell out and I have it bolted directly on the motor mount right now. I have not been able to find it. I can on guess it fell into a wrapped christmas present.
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.05, 11:48 PM   #6
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Hank gave me an address. Ill probably call you in the am to make sure I'm headed the right direction. I'm in for both classes, and will need to rent a core tag.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.12.06, 02:04 PM   #7
russp

Sorry I missed today. Everyone in the house has been sick and now it's my turn. Hopefully next time.
russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.06, 05:00 PM   #8
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by russp View Post
Sorry I missed today. Everyone in the house has been sick and now it's my turn. Hopefully next time.
We can get some racing in on Forza 2 if you'd like I Had fun racing today. Art's car is really quick. I'm gonna have to keep on my toes for him. Landon, it was nice racing with you again and seeing that F1 pass me again
Old 2008.12.06, 09:28 PM   #9
russp

I would love to do some Forza. How about Sunday late afternoon? If not, suggest a time but I can't until after maybe 3:30.
russp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.07, 10:17 AM   #10
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Thanks everyone for attending! It was fun! Thanks Landon for joining us, it was a pleasure to meet you. I hope we get to race together again soon!

Here are the results (you can ignore the car types on the results... I'll work on those).

Stock A-Main

F1 A-Main

I'll start a points spreadsheet soon and post that as well.

Last edited by AtlRC; 2008.12.07 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling
AtlRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.08, 09:37 AM   #11
hpgod

landon and hank

On that charger you both mentioned Maha wizard one. All the data sheets I see are a 1 amp max discahrge rate.
Our 70t stock motors dump the batteries at 2 amps.

Can you check the function on your chargers? If it goes above 1 amp discharge.
Old 2008.12.08, 04:57 PM   #12
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgod View Post
landon and hank

On that charger you both mentioned Maha wizard one. All the data sheets I see are a 1 amp max discahrge rate.
Our 70t stock motors dump the batteries at 2 amps.

Can you check the function on your chargers? If it goes above 1 amp discharge.
I think your right about the charger, max discharge of 1 amp. Art what tires are you using on the front of your F1? I think the rear end is starting to hook up as I was using PN 15 fronts and I was still understeering
Old 2008.12.09, 08:56 AM   #13
hpgod

pn6 rears grooved. and kyosho 30 fronts.

I need to pull all my tires off and regroove them all before the next race.
Old 2008.12.10, 10:04 AM   #14
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Patrick, Thanks a ton for letting me come race at your house! Your place is beautifual, and your basement is right up my alley I loved the track, and like I said, its got me wanting to do some type of scale raceway in my garage. I even went by hobby lobby and checked out their scale add-ons for train sets and what not. I may end up with a fatigue mat track in my garage once more

I hope you get your F1 electronic problems sorted. It would have been one heck of a main if every one could hve kept their stuff together. It may not have turned out as well for me though.

Thanks for posting the results. I didnt know where I finished in the stock race. I did better than I thought. I was a few hundredths away from going down a lap (on track), but atleast I was up close to Hank when it was over.

Hank, It was great to run with you again. I can see why you are so fast! Youve got some great competition over there. Im glad I got the win in F1, and even if I cant say I drove for it, Ill take it anyway Racing is racing, and its not all done on the track, right? I look forward to running with you again. Maybe you can get some of your guys to come out with you for the spring race

Art, You were right. For some reason I thought it went up to 2500ma on discharge, but it does only goes to 1000. Sorry for the mis-information, but like I said, you guys know more about batts and chargers than I do

I also want to apologize for spinning you in the main so many times. Your line on that first hair pin was thowing me off a bit. Since you were taking it kind of wide and late apexing it, I kept thinking, you were giving me room to take the inside. I was of course clipping you at your apex point then, and it seemed I got you pretty well backwards each time.

I had a blast running with all of y'all. You were all corteous on and off the track, and very fast on track. Its great to meet and race with people like that. You should all consider coming down with Hank for our spring race. Ill have an event thread posted as the date gets finalized, and Ill likely link it to y'alls local forum so you dont miss it We would love to have your level of competition at our event. I think you all would have a good time, and fit right in with our group.

I hope to see you all again soon! Ill definitly be looking y'all up on my future trips to Cartersville.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2008.12.10, 11:41 AM   #15
hpgod

landon
No problem on the bumping, rubbin is racing. I alway try to use the track available to maximize corner speed. With that being a S turn. I take the first one wide so I could maximize the exit speed on the second one to carry onto the straight. I did change may driving style on that hairpin during the day and it improved my times greatly. You drove good and got better throughout the day.

I changed to a hard brake and was getting onpower before the apex and the car seemed to rotate much tigher and quicker then rolling the corner.