Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.07, 06:02 PM   #16
blt456

Prolly like the 1st version you take some screws and nuts and bolt them to the outer holes......
Old 2010.01.08, 07:02 AM   #17
MantisMMA
tire schredder

the three holes that you see on the sides hold a nylon stud that will poke through the body. i wil post another pic over the weekend.

Marcus Williams
MantisMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 10:59 PM   #18
blt456

Is there a new ETA for this? I want one
Old 2010.01.16, 08:04 AM   #19
MantisMMA
tire schredder

they are being sent to the anodizer late next week so about 10 or so days. REFLEX will except pre orders sometime next week. i only have 50 or so on the first round so i suggest that you pre order!!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.16, 08:07 AM   #20
MantisMMA
tire schredder

CT and i are going to take pix of the new DDS and also the new adjustable offset racing wheels that will also be released at about the same time. teaser pix coming soon!!

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.16, 09:55 AM   #21
gomez

I WANT 1 PLEASE ! let me know when pre-orders start ,thanks
gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.16, 01:57 PM   #22
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Here are a few pics installed...

Fit is pretty good, going to test it tonight... Im excited, I havent been able to use this body in a long time, since the side body clip broke...

I may add an F1 shock, have to see how it feels on the track...

Depending on the mount that you use, you can use 94, 96, 98, 100*, and 102*mm...
*100mm requires Reflex 96mm t-plate and PN FMv3/4
*102mm requires PN FMv3/4
94-98mm can be used on any 94/98 MM mount.

I am using the FM LCG mount on this chassis at 94mm. At first I had drilled holes for the studs on the rear deck lid, these proved to be too close together, and the studs had to bend too far... I moved the studs to the forward holes, and it fit much better. Removing and installing the body takes a little longer than without the retention system, although I wouldnt say that it is any longer than having to tape the body down, and should interfere less with how the car performs than having the body taped...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1319 (Medium).jpg (67.8 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1320 (Medium).jpg (85.1 KB, 1109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1321 (Medium).jpg (95.3 KB, 1085 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1322 (Medium).jpg (68.1 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by EMU; 2010.01.16 at 02:16 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.16, 04:43 PM   #23
MantisMMA
tire schredder

here is a pic with RR 96 and kyosho top shock

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.01.17, 10:52 AM   #24
luvs2hate
HATER

No offense to Reflex/Mantis....But if you guys are trying to promote your business, dont you think you should take some pictures using a REAL camera? Just my 2 cents.
Old 2010.01.17, 02:14 PM   #25
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I just want to say that I tested the car I posted pics of above last night. It drove well, better than I had anticipated. I did not use any grease on the DDS, and didnt feel that I needed any...

I ended up switching the body to a newer/painted version of the F355. I will post some pics of it later when I get home.

I TQ'd and won. The class is 70t, narrow bodies, any chassis so long as the width of the kingpins is the same as the MR01/015/AWD with less than 2mm offset.

The body stayed put very well. Although, I am also using the side clips, and not using the body posts as a replacement, but rather more security. This body tends to pop up if you get hit from behind. I got slammed very hard in practice, and thought that I was definitely broke, but no problems at all.

Thanks Marcus for a great product. I never want to tape a body down again. Taping the body down pinches the body around the rear wheels, and changes the way the body handles. Using the DPS body mount, I had no such issues.

I did change the plastic nuts for alloy nuts, and had to work them onto the screws, it took some time, but wasnt really a problem. The plastic nuts stripped out when I tried to tighten the nut that holds the screw in place so you can install the nut that holds the body down without the screw spinning...

This is going to be a great product
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2hate View Post
No offense to Reflex/Mantis....But if you guys are trying to promote your business, dont you think you should take some pictures using a REAL camera? Just my 2 cents.
Just wanted to point out that these are SNEAK shots. Not the official release pictures. They definitely look good enough to suit the purpose. I think if the car was a little further from the camera, it would be a better image.

Last edited by EMU; 2010.01.17 at 02:16 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.17, 04:03 PM   #26
MantisMMA
tire schredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2hate View Post

i have already stated that real pix are coming soon. no offense taken

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.02.05, 01:39 AM   #27
blt456

I hate to bother but is there some sort of eta for this part? I was hoping to get one soon but it doesn't look like it will make it w/ my next order..
Old 2010.02.05, 01:57 AM   #28
CristianTabush

No, there is no ETA at the time. We were waiting for them to come back from anodizing soon.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.02.05, 08:01 AM   #29
MantisMMA
tire schredder

sorry guys got held up with the wheels. i will finish preparing the rest of them this weekend and get them sent off to the anodizer tue/wed. they need alot of manual preparation.

Marcus Williams
Old 2010.02.12, 07:47 PM   #30
skyler

Marcus, What are the chances of this being available this month?
skyler is offline   Reply With Quote