Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.09.28, 04:02 PM   #61
SuperFly
bitPimp

I could be wrong, and Bladesling should give you the official answer, but I kind of remember that not everyone has upload privileges, so maybe you have to be the designated club leader (and logged in as such) to access that? Since I'm not that guy for our club, I don't see those options either.

I do know that Bladesling is endeavoring to make the software not just for HFAY, but for participation and management of multiple types of racing and championships, and working out the logic of the system is a challenge. It's hard to address current, specific needs while also planning for future flexibility.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.09.28, 04:28 PM   #62
mtse0

It was an issue with my phones browser. The website works just fine on my laptop with Chrome.
mtse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.09.29, 04:33 PM   #63
BladeSling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtse0 View Post
It was an issue with my phones browser. The website works just fine on my laptop with Chrome.
Thanks for figuring out a work around and mentioning that it the problem was occurring on your mobile phone. That information was very helpful in figuring out the problem and quickly resolving it.

Apologies everyone! Superfly is right, I am working hard to enhance the website and sometimes mistakes are made. We are still in beta at this point and things are still changing aggressively as new features are added and refactor old things in an attempt to make them easier to use.
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.09.30, 02:59 PM   #64
art4242

We ran the September layout over the weekend, racer and open class (clockwise only). Layout was definitely slower as others noted, we were also about 0.5s slower in lap times.

We had some pretty clean runs compared to previous months, relatively few crashes so were all fairly close in laps.

I managed to get my GLF-1 together and ran it in open class along with the 5500kv nimh cars. It was maybe just a hair faster (<.05s?) than my 3500kv nimh car, but total number of laps was down a little due to a couple of tangles with the GT cars. The F1 tended to wedge under them getting both cars stuck. It looked really narrow compared to the ASC cars but was fun to drive. A short clip from the open class run:

https://youtu.be/8wjeOMI6WV0
art4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.01, 01:58 PM   #65
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by art4242 View Post
We ran the September layout over the weekend, racer and open class (clockwise only). Layout was definitely slower as others noted, we were also about 0.5s slower in lap times.

We had some pretty clean runs compared to previous months, relatively few crashes so were all fairly close in laps.

I managed to get my GLF-1 together and ran it in open class along with the 5500kv nimh cars. It was maybe just a hair faster (<.05s?) than my 3500kv nimh car, but total number of laps was down a little due to a couple of tangles with the GT cars. The F1 tended to wedge under them getting both cars stuck. It looked really narrow compared to the ASC cars but was fun to drive. A short clip from the open class run:

https://youtu.be/8wjeOMI6WV0
That's some really good driving and passing with the GLF.👍
On the same layout I got a chance to test drive my best tuned Kyosho F1 out of the three I put together over the years and I can say that in the consistency department alone the K-F1 will struggle to come close to that level of performance with the same power package or any for that matter. ...looks like all the suspension parts on your GLF are doing their job & well.
I think we can assume a healthy dose of manufacturer & aftermarket options trickling in soon with more race oriented wings being one of the first (like there was for K-F1's).

I'll be using the GLF for the October round open class, first practice and run on the same day so we'll see how it goes.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.01, 07:04 PM   #66
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I'm getting a server error message every time i try to upload race #6 results. Any ideas on how to fix this?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.01, 08:14 PM   #67
mtse0

I had that problem last month. I logged out and then back in and I was able to upload.
Old 2019.10.01, 08:17 PM   #68
arch2b

Tried that as well, no change in result.
Old 2019.10.01, 09:06 PM   #69
TPDazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
I had some trouble this month as well. Next Level are making quite a few changes to their site. I used the "Contact us" page and heard back very quickly. I have gotten server errors in the past, but it always worked when I tried again a bit later.
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.01, 11:23 PM   #70
BladeSling

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
arch2b, after looking at the server logs I'm pretty sure your time format for one of your fields is not recognized. The string that is failing is "0:05300".

I will fix the mechanism that accepts the time so it will error on this time format.

Edit: Fixed it. Should error for you now.

Last edited by BladeSling; 2019.10.01 at 11:43 PM.
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.10.02, 06:07 PM   #71
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSling View Post
arch2b, after looking at the server logs I'm pretty sure your time format for one of your fields is not recognized. The string that is failing is "0:05300".

I will fix the mechanism that accepts the time so it will error on this time format.

Edit: Fixed it. Should error for you now.
Bingo, thanks for the catch. Corrected and uploaded correctly.
Old 2019.10.03, 09:35 PM   #72
mtse0

Results for September are up. It is looking like this season is going to be a good one. There are a lot of close battles all through the rankings.
Septembers track was the most difficult in terms of throttle control and car setup that I have ran in HFAY. I found it difficult to pass on with such narrow fast lines. I had a great run going in the stock ccw race but with about 45 seconds remaining I took a hit that drove me into a wall and my neg battery wire came off leaving me dead.
Octobers track looks like it is going to be a lot faster. Time to put the bigger pinions back on.
Old 2019.10.03, 11:04 PM   #73
TPDazzle

Quote:
Results for September are up. It is looking like this season is going to be a good one. There are a lot of close battles all through the rankings.
Septembers track was the most difficult in terms of throttle control and car setup that I have ran in HFAY. I found it difficult to pass on with such narrow fast lines. I had a great run going in the stock ccw race but with about 45 seconds remaining I took a hit that drove me into a wall and my neg battery wire came off leaving me dead.
Octobers track looks like it is going to be a lot faster. Time to put the bigger pinions back on.
I ran relatively clean, but couldn't find the pace, not hitting walls isn't good enough. Good racing lines were really important on this track. We don't swap pinions as much as we should. We are usually focused on a little practice and then getting it done. We only tune glaring deficiencies unfortunately. Nice run of 468 laps by Andre, that must be a HFAY record!
Old 2019.10.04, 01:27 PM   #74
mtse0

Lol Andre must have found a shortcut like on Mario Kart where you can jump the wall.

Time for car tuning is at a premium for me right now too. With football practice and games, firewood cutting and just general life. Come winter time I have much more time to screw up the cars before I race.
Old 2019.10.04, 04:57 PM   #75
TPDazzle

Quote:
Lol Andre must have found a shortcut like on Mario Kart where you can jump the wall.

Time for car tuning is at a premium for me right now too. With football practice and games, firewood cutting and just general life. Come winter time I have much more time to screw up the cars before I race.

I do maintenance, rebuild diffs, etc. What I almost never do is focus on something and tune it when we have the track set up. For example, try a pinion, time some laps, try another and check for time differences. Then try front springs, or camber. My car handles well, but I'm not sure it is the quickest set up for me because I haven't put the time in. That is why I requested the HFAY set up thread. I found myself always looking up Art and Brian's advice buried in the season 27 thread. Not sure if their setups suit my style, but it is a starting point.