Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.12.16, 07:44 AM   #1
xxam

Racing reports at Cruizin' with RC's

Weekly reports/links will be posted here.
xxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.16, 07:52 AM   #2
fastharry

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxam
Weekly reports/links will be posted here.

went racing at criuzin.....had a great time, nice track..good group of guys....
fastharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.16, 07:59 AM   #3
xxam

12/14/07 Friday night

Good turnout tonight. Steve had to run 3 heats to fit everyone in. Steve is working on getting me the race results to post. Harry won the B main, but didnt fair well after being bumped up into the A main. (get 'em next time Harry) I thought it was the night for Billy, but some traffic issues pushed him back too much to make up. Ron takes the win. Richmond struggled with glitching and missed most of the qualifiers and finals. After the first round, Ron located a disconnected antenna wire, (to the esc) , and voila! Richmond was able to compete in the second round of racing. If you like racing, come to Cruizin' with RC's on Friday nights and race TWICE!

first round: 3 qualifiers 1 final
2nd round: 1 qualifier 1 final

thats 30 minutes of timer time plus practice! Great night!

Last edited by xxam; 2007.12.16 at 07:59 AM. Reason: date
Old 2007.12.16, 08:35 AM   #4
fastharry

Quote:
Good turnout tonight. Steve had to run 3 heats to fit everyone in. Steve is working on getting me the race results to post. Harry won the B main, but didnt fair well after being bumped up into the A main. (get 'em next time Harry) I thought it was the night for Billy, but some traffic issues pushed him back too much to make up. Ron takes the win. Richmond struggled with glitching and missed most of the qualifiers and finals. After the first round, Ron located a disconnected antenna wire, (to the esc) , and voila! Richmond was able to compete in the second round of racing. If you like racing, come to Cruizin' with RC's on Friday nights and race TWICE!

first round: 3 qualifiers 1 final
2nd round: 1 qualifier 1 final

thats 30 minutes of timer time plus practice! Great night!

ya know, I never though I would be so nervous in the A....but, being it was my first night racing( at rons, and with a mini z), I had the jitters...

The next time, I won't be so quick to give up my line....

but that being said, mini z racing is ALOT of fun......

Personally, I see myself running all year round.....and I am ITCHING to get an overland so we can race those......
Old 2007.12.16, 08:58 AM   #5
xxam

Hey Harry... yep I forgot to mention that Friday night was your FIRST "mini-z" race and you won the B mains! Deserving of this additional post! Nice job!
Old 2007.12.17, 10:32 AM   #6
enzo1978

I was definitey a great turn out friday night. I was a nice tight race between myself and fastharry. I'm thinking we should race the mini-z's all year round.
enzo1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.17, 11:04 AM   #7
xxam

Yes it was a close one Enzo. The A main guys are talking about you...they are noticing! Keep it up. I think the plan is year round. As long as drivers come, races will happen!
Old 2007.12.17, 08:10 PM   #8
enzo1978

thanks guys! i really appreciate it. All you guys have been very helpful to me. Can't wait for the next race.

Quote:
Yes it was a close one Enzo. The A main guys are talking about you...they are noticing! Keep it up. I think the plan is year round. As long as drivers come, races will happen!

Last edited by enzo1978; 2007.12.17 at 08:13 PM.
Old 2007.12.22, 01:14 AM   #9
xxam

12/21/07 Friday night

Another great turnout. 3 heats.
Chip led the C mains, and bumped up to the B mains
JT lead the B mains in a great tight race, and bumped to the A mains
Ron won the A mains with Billy chasing after leading part of the way.

New racing background really dresses up this track! Fiery crashes line the underside lane hairpin, that leads into 16 feet of great, pit row photos. The top back stretch is lined with 120,000 specators viewing every race.
Come down and race!

http://www.cruizinrc.com

Last edited by xxam; 2007.12.22 at 01:17 AM.
Old 2007.12.22, 08:13 AM   #10
fastharry

Thumbs down

Quote:
Another great turnout. 3 heats.
Chip led the C mains, and bumped up to the B mains
JT lead the B mains in a great tight race, and bumped to the A mains
Ron won the A mains with Billy chasing after leading part of the way.

New racing background really dresses up this track! Fiery crashes line the underside lane hairpin, that leads into 16 feet of great, pit row photos. The top back stretch is lined with 120,000 specators viewing every race.
Come down and race!

http://www.cruizinrc.com

It was tight between JT and myself, and he did the better job of keeping his cool.....I started to get newrvous, and shake....and I haven't done that in awhile...

my point is, is that MINI Z racing is WAY way more competitive than alot of people think.......Super size racing in a 6 inch car. And you feel so connected, because they are right there next to you...

Imagine the fun you would have being 100 foot tall and watching racing at Watkins Glen........Being able to see ALL the cars in a road race is great to watch...

PLUS, unlike outdoor touring car, everyone races real looking bodies.....that are all varied.......

Just a whole lot of FUN..........Great racing, good people to race with....AND,

A chinese restaurant next door, a pizza parlor across the street, and a clean bathroom.....
Old 2007.12.22, 08:19 AM   #11
xxam

great analogy harry... I had a bad night racing, but STILL had fun! Mini-Z racing fills my racing desire! (its also very addicting)
Old 2007.12.29, 09:33 AM   #12
xxam

Thumbs down 12/28/07 Friday night

Great night racing. Store was packed and we needed 4 finals in fit everyone. Mini-Z-racing is hot at Cruizin on Friday's!
Tonight was Tim's night, taking the A main finals in clean fashion, 1st from the start to the end, he wins by a lap with the only sub 9 second pace- 8.96 ! Steve takes 1st in the B main, streaking past the field by 2 laps. In the C mains, my favorite Jim R takes 1st by 2 laps as well. In the D mains, Richmond takes the win, also by 2 laps!

Last night we had a hot dog vendor set up in the lobby, and offer chili dogs and soda for sale. Goes perfect with racing! Ask Joe!

This week I have the sheets for last night's racing. I will post them on the Cruizin website, sometime today. Have a look/see...

Mini Z racing at Cruizin

Racing again...TONIGHT!

Last edited by xxam; 2007.12.29 at 09:42 AM.
Old 2008.01.09, 07:49 AM   #13
xxam

01/04/08 Friday night

Tonight was the first ever " mini cooper" class at Cruizin with RC's. Have a cooper? c'mon down and race it on Friday night!
Ron wins the first " mini cooper" race by 5 laps.

In the open class, we had 3 mains: A, B, and C with bump ups.
C main was taken by Harry. He single lapped the field to get bumped up to the B main.
B main was taken by JimR. He lapped the field by 3! Ben second, and Alex close behind for third!
A main was taken by Ron, also by a margin of 3 laps. Steve Charles finishes 2nd!

The sheets for last night's racing, are posted on the Cruizin website. Have a look/see...

Mini Z racing at Cruizin
Old 2008.01.09, 08:55 AM   #14
enzo1978

Forgive me Jim but i cannot find the race results. Been looking for about 10 min.

Quote:
Tonight was the first ever " mini cooper" class at Cruizin with RC's. Have a cooper? c'mon down and race it on Friday night!
Ron wins the first " mini cooper" race by 5 laps.

In the open class, we had 3 mains: A, B, and C with bump ups.
C main was taken by Harry. He single lapped the field to get bumped up to the B main.
B main was taken by JimR. He lapped the field by 3! Ben second, and Alex close behind for third!
A main was taken by Ron, also by a margin of 3 laps. Steve Charles finishes 2nd!

The sheets for last night's racing, are posted on the Cruizin website. Have a look/see...

Mini Z racing at Cruizin
Old 2008.01.09, 09:14 AM   #15
xxam

enzo... racing page then results. (bottom right in red, above car)
http://www.cruizinrc.com/pages/racingresults.html