Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.09.06, 11:57 AM   #1
briankstan

HFAY website updates.

For those of you that don't know we have switched to the new HFAY website. it is still accessable at www.howfastareyou.com and is now hosted by MZR at http://hfay.tinyrc.com

We are still in the process of moving content and it is going pretty well. As for right now the website is functioning great.

We have moved the OLPS times for Season 2 over and all the time trial times have been moved as well.

I'll keep you updated as thing progress.
Old 2006.09.06, 04:08 PM   #2
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

The site looks great...one comment though. I don't think the tracks have the bumpout tiles in the diagrams.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.06, 06:00 PM   #3
cdog4w

New site looks great. I'd still love to see some single wide L/45 degree kit layouts for those who don't have 2 full wide L's. Any chance of setting up a submission system for new track layouts for individual time trials?

Also, I assume the individual times are on the honor system? Might be nice to post videos (for those capable) to validate the top 3 runs or something like that...? Hosted elsewhere for bandwidth sake of course
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.06, 07:03 PM   #4
imxlr8ed

Will the video gallery have a link library as well ?

I know Ann Arbor has a bunch out there... would be nice if you could have them on there as well.

I've been slacking on the vid thing... still need to get a real camera to get some good footage, but have been spending on other things lately.

All in due time !

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.06, 08:26 PM   #5
hobbycar

I wanted to chime in and say I like the new site as well.

Note that you can "embed" the YouTube HFAY OLPS Videos into your website as well as just link to them.

Here is an example of the HTML Code:

Code:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RJXxGQXpHQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RJXxGQXpHQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
-hobbycar

Last edited by hobbycar; 2006.09.06 at 08:29 PM.
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.06, 08:57 PM   #6
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
The site looks great...one comment though. I don't think the tracks have the bumpout tiles in the diagrams.
if you are looking at track three (race 5 and 6) you are right. there are no bumpouts. never was.
Old 2006.09.06, 08:58 PM   #7
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbycar
I wanted to chime in and say I like the new site as well.

Note that you can "embed" the YouTube HFAY OLPS Videos into your website as well as just link to them.

Here is an example of the HTML Code:

Code:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RJXxGQXpHQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RJXxGQXpHQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
-hobbycar
I will give that a try. thanks hobbycar.
Old 2006.09.06, 10:11 PM   #8
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
if you are looking at track three (race 5 and 6) you are right. there are no bumpouts. never was.
Huh! I didn't know that. I set that course up the other day and we had leftover pieces...I guess that's why. The four bumpout tiles and four regular tiles don't get used...
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.07, 03:40 AM   #9
cdog4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
I've been slacking on the vid thing... still need to get a real camera to get some good footage, but have been spending on other things lately.
Could always do the cvs/rite aid one time use camcorder... A little solder and its no longer one time use $30 and it shoots 640x480 @30fps. Video sample here.

Fun cams, I'm thinking about getting another, powering with via the receiver bec (would cut down on the size since standard battery case is 2xAA), decasing it and dropping it behind the windshield of my truck
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.07, 09:35 AM   #10
briankstan

I got the Ann Arbor videos added to the Videos section of the website.

thanks for the info on embeding them. works great.

be sure and send me the links if you add any more and I'll get them updated also.
Old 2006.09.12, 12:03 PM   #11
briankstan

Cool More Updates

Ok, here is what has been updated.

The Participating clubs section is complete
The Rules section is complete
Time Trials Pages have been completed, and all times added.
Season 1 of the OLPS has been completed along with race times, and final standings, I also included a Season 1 winners section complete with the winners pictures.

There is still quite a bit to do, but we are making progress.

stay tuned for further updates.
Old 2006.09.12, 02:12 PM   #12
Sinister_Y

Hi Brian,

Thanks again for your help with CORE on my United Way event. However, want to keep this thread for HFAY, so...

As you know already, my club (MC3) runs RCP and CORE. However, we only have 4-45 degree tracks (kyosho America tracks) and 1 wide L. Last time I looked into the club participating with HFAY, it required 2 wide-Ls. Is this still the case? Are there going to be any modifications to this rule or considerations for other options? Just checking as I love your idea and the whole HFAY concept...really cool. I wanted to see if there was anyway my club could join in as well.

Thanks.
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.12, 02:27 PM   #13
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Y
Hi Brian,

Thanks again for your help with CORE on my United Way event. However, want to keep this thread for HFAY, so...

As you know already, my club (MC3) runs RCP and CORE. However, we only have 4-45 degree tracks (kyosho America tracks) and 1 wide L. Last time I looked into the club participating with HFAY, it required 2 wide-Ls. Is this still the case? Are there going to be any modifications to this rule or considerations for other options? Just checking as I love your idea and the whole HFAY concept...really cool. I wanted to see if there was anyway my club could join in as well.

Thanks.
If I recall correctly, the Kyosho America tracks don't have the bump-outs, is that correct? with the 4 tracks you have enought tiles to configure the tracks needed, except for the bumpouts.

is there any chance that you could get ahold of 4 bump-out rails? either though john or maybe making a trade with another club?

Maybe post a thread on this and see if someone will be willing to trade you...Have you talked to John at RCP about possibly getting them?
Old 2006.09.12, 02:30 PM   #14
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
love the new site, keep up the great work!

email john (rcp), he is good about taking care of rcp owners
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.09.12, 03:40 PM   #15
briankstan

One more thing, for those of you that visit and are using the HFAY site will you please register...

it will help when we get our newsletters setup, and for sending out email remiders of when the times are posted etc.

I might make it a reqirement to register so you can see the results...

thanks