Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.12.22, 08:13 AM   #61
madf1man
Bogus nachos

Tried to read thru all this last night and fell asleep.Went thru it again this morning to get up to date.One thing is for sure is there are a ton of ways to do this.There are experianced,excellent drivers who will have ideas at one extreme and beginers at the other extreme.I think the basic format should be for the fun of it.Simple,inexpensive for a newbie..I houston we have a format that works pretty well I think and should be consisidered.

Box stock.- Upgraded tires only.Std Batteries are what ever you want.The racer will learn and adjust quickly if he has the wrong batteies.Part of the fun is learning from others.Can,t worry and should assume no one is cheating in the stock class.Tech inspections before and or after race should be fine and if someone still cheats and succeds at it oh well.We all just raced,had fun,got beat by 3 laps.Its going to happen no matter what so forget about it.

Super stock. Chassis hop ups allowed,tires,std batteries,radio upgrades,stock motors.This may sound kinda weak here for some high end drivers but its a fact that a good driver in this class will not be to much slowed than an open car due to more consitant laps times.Its the FUNNEST(key word) class we run.We can have 3 or4 drivers together till the end for a close finish. You have to be on your toes the entire time.When your finished you know just been in a race.Same thing with cheaters,tech inspections and so on.It is impossible to come up with a rule for everything that MIGHT happen.
madf1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 08:21 AM   #62
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
if someone wants to post a poll, please do. jus ttry to include as many of the options mentioned here.

we all know my stance, keep it simple..... the easier it is,better it will run and the more fun people will have. and as many including myself have mentioned, it's all about the fun.

mad, i like you ideas, but for the 2nd class i would open it to non-turbo motors atleast.

it's amazing the level of feedback this thread has received. i want to thank everyone for posting their ideas and sharing your thoughts.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 08:26 AM   #63
madf1man
Bogus nachos

Now the wild stuff

Open sedan means just that OPEN.
Whatever you think you can handle.Use nitrus if you think it helps.This is the class for the experinced,knowledgeable,racer.The class FOR the cheaters so to speak so that won,t be in the stock classes.I can also say with confidence that the lap times will not be that different than super stock.An excellent driver in Super stock can tear up an average driver in open.Again its about fun and this is the class for those who like to experiment,spend money,or drive missles.

F1- we have to have F1 if not we just eliminated about 50% of the racers(a guess)F1 in houston is the biggest class. Right now this is run under the open format but we are about to change it to still an open class but with motor limits.A bone stock F1 with x-speed and pinion will be bothering the Fet F1 all thru the race.Again its about being consitant which is hard to do with a fet car.The new racer needs to know he has a chance in this class as in all above except maybe open sedan to be competative.

Last edited by madf1man; 2004.12.22 at 08:37 AM.
Old 2004.12.22, 08:29 AM   #64
madf1man
Bogus nachos

Believe it or not most racers just want to race.Winning is not the big priority.They want to be a part of an event,mix it up with others,have a good time and not break anything.Simple fun and lets race!!!! Thanks and hope this makes since to all concerned By the way MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 2004.12.22, 08:33 AM   #65
madf1man
Bogus nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
if someone wants to post a poll, please do. jus ttry to include as many of the options mentioned here.

we all know my stance, keep it simple..... the easier it is,better it will run and the more fun people will have. and as many including myself have mentioned, it's all about the fun.

mad, i like you ideas, but for the 2nd class i would open it to non-turbo motors atleast.

it's amazing the level of feedback this thread has received. i want to thank everyone for posting their ideas and sharing your thoughts.
Thats what I down right argued about here locally at first but quickly learned it works great.Kinda takes the cheating abiltity away and again it makes for CLOSE racing.Ever been in a close race for 30 or 40 laps? Try it,its a rush.Eyes tearing finger cramping kinda thing!!!!!!
Old 2004.12.22, 09:38 AM   #66
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
I'd like to race my F1 too...I've never ran it with another F1 on the track.

If you cheat and win its gotta feel pretty ****ty....and if you cheat and lose...well thats karma for you.
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 09:42 AM   #67
brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruknd@aol.com
I'd like to race my F1 too...I've never ran it with another F1 on the track.

If you cheat and win its gotta feel pretty ****ty....and if you cheat and lose...well thats karma for you.
I've been racing for 10 years, the guys that cheat and win never feel bad about it :P or at least they don't show it.

It seems like every time I turn to the speed channel they're busting some nascar driver for cheating in some way.
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 09:43 AM   #68
ruf
4play

IMO, non-turbo motors are like 19T class in 1/10. Too much power advantage to be considered "stock".
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 09:45 AM   #69
ruf
4play

M******** on TQ pace! Someboy have to do SOMETHING about it!
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.12.22, 03:37 PM   #70
arch2b

thansk to tnb for posting a link to the pn series. i think these are a great starting point as their objectives seem to be the same as what were are doing here.

http://www.pnracing.us/2005worldcup.htm
Old 2004.12.22, 03:42 PM   #71
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
thansk to tnb for posting a link to the pn series. i think these are a great starting point as their objectives seem to be the same as what were are doing here.

http://www.pnracing.us/2005worldcup.htm
I like these rules...nice and simple and maybe create some form of uniformity.

I'd only say add a class for people like pro-z to race their scale kits or homebrews. Maybe an OL and F1 class if there are enough people.

Not to change the subject but where is the PN cup being held?
Old 2004.12.22, 03:50 PM   #72
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruknd@aol.com
Not to change the subject but where is the PN cup being held?
It's my understanding that numerous regionals may be held in Europe, Asia and in the USA. It's also my understanding that the USA may also host the finals, so I guess instead of the US winner going to Europe this year, the OCONUS champs may get to come to the US.
Old 2004.12.22, 03:51 PM   #73
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
It's my understanding that numerous regionals may be held in Europe, Asia and in the USA. It's also my understanding that the USA may also host the finals, so I guess instead of the US winner going to Europe this year, the OCONUS champs may get to come to the US.
sorry to continue the branch off but any idea on the US locals?

Maybe we should attend a PN race to see what the rules are like before creating our own?
Old 2004.12.22, 03:56 PM   #74
TNB
Pet Human

It is my understanding that PN Racing is currently seeking hosts in the USA. It is also my understanding that one of the regional races will be held in Rialto, California. Any other information that I may currently have has not yet been confirmed.
Old 2004.12.22, 04:04 PM   #75
arch2b

yes, i would agree that other chassis types should be included ONLY if there are a required min. entries for those chassis types. obviously, not all locations will have the same turnout in terms of each chassis type. so, each location will likely have varying number of classes.