Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2017.09.19, 03:42 PM   #1
josyskunk

EX 6R problem

The radio I bought brand new last week is having serious issue. I have used it for less than 2 hour before it started having issue. The steering started to lock to one side, no response from the steering or throttle. The screen showed the steering locked to one side. The screen show no changes in the steering or throttle when I turned the steering and applied throttle. I turned off the mini z and EX 6. Then I turned on the EX 6 again, the radio will freeze at the start up screen. Keeping on and hope it will finished the bootup process but after 15 minutes, still stuck at the start up screen.

I retried it next day, got thru start up screen no problem. When I were at the normal screen, everything seemed fine, the screen showed both steering and throttle response. Keep testing for steering and throttle response for 15 minutes, everything seemed good.

I then turned on the my mini z, connected right away, seemed fine. There were steering and throttle response for may be 30second, then steering started to turn to one side (Screen showed steering turning to one side as well) and some glitching. Then the Radio just freeze, mini z still trying to turn to one side. The screen no longer show any steering or throttle input. Turn off the mini z and then the Radio, turn on the radio again, freeze at the start up screen again.

Waited 15 minutes, tried the above scenario, the same thing happened every time after I turn on the mini z.

Tested different mini z, All latest Pro board but same issue.

Tested both MHS and ASF mode. Same thing happened.

I think there something serious wrong with the master unit!

Anyone have any issue with EX6R ?

KO America, any response ?
josyskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.09.19, 04:57 PM   #2
KO PROPO Staff

First clean all the contacts with motor spray, not brake cleaner. Make sure there is no dirt or lint in the contacts for the steering, master and grip units.

Then go to the VRinfo and re-calibrate the system.

If you still have problems then you will need to contact Kyosho for service. KO America is not authorized to service the EX-6 as it is a licensed product for Kyosho.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017.09.19, 08:38 PM   #3
josyskunk

I forgot the mention, that is actually the first thing I did. I owned a KIY EX 1 before.

One question though, is there a feed back loop in the design. The really strange thing is radio seemed to be working fine as long as I just have the radio turned on. The screen show correct response to steering and throttle movement. Only when I turned the on the mini z, it started to act crazy and hang in less a minute.
Old 2017.09.20, 07:24 PM   #4
KO PROPO Staff

There is no feedback as it is a oneway system.

Maybe there is something wrong with the car?
Does the monitor show movement on the radio?

It may be possible that you have the pairing in the incorrect mode.
For both transmitting modes there is also a normal mode and French mode.

When pairing, as soon as the blue LED light comes on the master unit release the trim lever. This is the normal mode for either transmitting system.

If you hold the trim lever and the LED come on, goes off and then release the trim lever this is French mode.

Which ever mode you last paired in is the mode that is set to the Tx.

If you pair the car in either mode and then switch the Tx mode the operation does not work correctly.
For example:
You pair your car in ASF normal mode. You confirm it works.
Then you pair another car but now you pair it in French mode. You confirm it works.
If you go to turn on your first car you paired it will not operate correctly because it was paired in Normal mode but the Tx is in French mode.

Hope this helps.
Old 2017.09.20, 08:58 PM   #5
josyskunk

I have tried with three different car. All have the same problem. And when the steering started to drift to one side. The screen show the exact same drifting to one side.

I will try pairing it again so that it is not in French mode.

Question 1, if I accidentally paired it in french mode MHS, as long as radio shows MHS, it should work fine, right?

Question 2,In regular operation ( NOT pairing ), is there a French mode MHS or Normal MHS ? Do I need to switch it back and for? Or as long I am in MHS, radio will switch between Normal and French mode?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2017.09.21, 01:43 PM   #6
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by josyskunk View Post
I have tried with three different car. All have the same problem. And when the steering started to drift to one side. The screen show the exact same drifting to one side.

I will try pairing it again so that it is not in French mode.

Question 1, if I accidentally paired it in french mode MHS, as long as radio shows MHS, it should work fine, right?

Question 2,In regular operation ( NOT pairing ), is there a French mode MHS or Normal MHS ? Do I need to switch it back and for? Or as long I am in MHS, radio will switch between Normal and French mode?

Thanks in advance.
If the screen is showing the same drift to the side then either the steering unit is damaged or a bad connection between the master unit and steering unit.

#1 MHS has two modes, Normal and French. Normal is preferred if you are not in France. The display does not show you this in the EX-6 only the RR version will show this.

#2 The radio does not switch between Normal and French by itself. It stays in the last mode you pair in.