Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.02.27, 04:09 AM   #1
herman

r/c heaven - revisited...

sigh... after two long years... i get the chance to go back...

place seems the same... but i wish i had more time to go into the shops and explore everything... sigh maybe next time... i just know there will always be a next time...

weather was just like last time, but a bit colder... ranging between a cool 10 to about 19* celcius... could get to be a little nippy, but on some days i could get around in a t-shirt...

unfortunately, i wasn't able to visit the 2 tracks (mms & ct), which i heard was still open...

i just wizzed through kwong wah st. just to take some pictures you see below...

in spite of the short time i had in the area i was able to get my prized purchase... click here

and i was able to get some other stuff too (can you see my prized purchase in the picture?)

oh yeah the ray's multi rim set looked pretty cool too...

overall it was a blast going back... and hopefully i get to go back soon...

wish i had more to say...

Last edited by herman; 2011.08.10 at 02:08 AM.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.27, 04:36 AM   #2
herman

can somebody teach me how to resize & rotate the pics in photobucket?
Old 2008.02.27, 06:04 AM   #3
byebye

They dont' need to be resized!!! I'd like to blow up that one of the front of the shop; step through my computer screen and go in and look around HAHAHA!!!

Is the prize the 2.4ghz? You made a pretty good purchase herman. I notcied a Kyosho MM disk damper? I didn't know K made one. I'd like to see more pics of those. The Ray's wheels look pretty sweet too!

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.27, 09:40 PM   #4
herman

Quote:
They dont' need to be resized!!! I'd like to blow up that one of the front of the shop; step through my computer screen and go in and look around HAHAHA!!!

Is the prize the 2.4ghz? You made a pretty good purchase herman. I notcied a Kyosho MM disk damper? I didn't know K made one. I'd like to see more pics of those. The Ray's wheels look pretty sweet too!
lol... hahaha... wish i could do the same thing about those hobby shops too... need a part? just a second.... opps sorry out of stock... you can always try next week.. hahaha...

good eyes... i didn't know that kyosyo made a disc damper for the mm either... on the other hand, i think i've seen pictures of them somewhere, but i haven't physically seen them...

i'll post pics when i get the chance to install it... yeah that was one cool find... and i guess i was pretty lucky if i may add...
Old 2008.02.28, 01:05 AM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Great pics herman. Wish I would get a chance to go there. Although I would be in serious debt if I did

I tried the Kyosho MM damper, and didnt really like it. With different discs, and fine grit sanding, it performs alright. It dampens too much straight out of the box. I may give it another go... Or at least the main plate.

I dont really like the wheels, not a fan of chrome... They would look nicer in white or gray/gunmetal.

Looks like you got a good amount of things to keep busy for a while.

I have allways liked the TT. The 350z is also one of my favorite 015 racing bodies. Especailly with an MM config.

Last edited by EMU; 2008.02.28 at 01:08 AM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.28, 04:33 AM   #6
herman

stayed in h.k. for a week... but due to time constraints, i just got to visit the place 3 times, spending about 10 min walking around the area, looking at the shops while they were closed - trying frantically to look for one that was open on my first visit... some 20-30 minutes on my second visit (when i finally saw one open store and bought most of the stuff you see in the picture)... and 15 minutes on my last sortie (just got some stuff)...

all this considering that the hotel i stayed in was just 10 minutes around the block from all the stores...

oh yeah there were two hobby shops in front of the hotel.... visited them once and spent less than 5 minutes in both shops... (one was selling all heli stuff)
Old 2008.02.29, 12:55 AM   #7
herman

got to put the bodies on the chassis...

Old 2008.02.29, 05:38 AM   #8
byebye

Pretty sweet herman! How much were the dummy chassis?

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.29, 10:21 PM   #9
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

The shops usually open after 2pm; and some may be closed on Sundays. They get the most traffic after 5pm when people get off work.

The dummy chassis on the pictures sells for about $1.35 USD

7 years ago I used to be able to get the AE86; Beetle; 911 autoscales (no display box for about $12 USD)
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.03, 01:30 AM   #10
Hunty

Wow u must like ur mini-z lol all those parts

I like the 2 cars togeather i might have to buy one of those
Hunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.03, 07:06 AM   #11
ruf
4play

Holy crap is that a Kyosho MM carbon fiber disk damper?
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.03, 01:04 PM   #12
CristianTabush

Joe, they've made that for a long time. I actually have one lying around somewhere. They came out at around the same time the Kyosho alloy drive train parts came out.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.03, 01:18 PM   #13
ruf
4play

I'm getting old... I think I remembered seeing one a while ago, but that was right before my hiatus, and I haven't seen anyone run one since.
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.04, 02:58 AM   #14
herman

Quote:
Pretty sweet herman! How much were the dummy chassis?
10 hk dollars approx 1.3us dollars...
got two thought both of them were for mr02/mr015, turned out one was for the mr02 and the other was for the awd bodies... which was ok by me...

got another dummy chassis with nissan 240z wheels for 40hk dollars approx 5.2us dollars...

some wheels & tires cost 30hk dollars approx 3.9us
bodies only 140 hk approx 18.2us

Quote:
The shops usually open after 2pm; and some may be closed on Sundays. They get the most traffic after 5pm when people get off work.
sai is spot on regarding the times...

Quote:
7 years ago I used to be able to get the AE86; Beetle; 911 autoscales (no display box for about $12 USD)
hmm... i think i remember that's about right too 90-100hkd just the body the wheels and the front body clip..

Quote:
Wow u must like ur mini-z lol all those parts, I like the 2 cars togeather i might have to buy one of those
yep, i love my mini-z... the lancia integrale also comes in red and yellow...

Quote:
Holy crap is that a Kyosho MM carbon fiber disk damper?
yep.. and as cristian said it's been out for quite a while... i kinda have a thing for kyosho stuff... and wanted to see how it performs...