Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.08.14, 11:45 AM   #31
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

is the 2.4 board with single layer fets only allowed in open board class?
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 02:31 PM   #32
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

PN rules?

The way I understand the rules is, they are basically the same rules as the PN rules.

The only deviation is that we allow single layer cars to run motors other than 70turns. Speedy 07, 05, and X speeds all can be run in stock if you have a single layer board, no matter what fets as long as it is a single layer. If you had a 2.4 board with a single layer only you could run one of the above mentioned motores.

It seems to me that our fastest guys are turning the same amount of laps with open board 70turns as single layer Speedy 07's. The laptimes may be ever so slightly slower but the number of laps are the same.

The other deviation is of course PN doesn't have an LM class and our F-1 class is open board and motor.

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 04:14 PM   #33
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

Motor – Board
Equivalency formula, these combinations are allowed:

SINGLE LAYER FET combination on AM board, any FET allowed (1 pair 3004, 3010, 4562, 8858 etc…). External turbo boards not allowed.
ONLY the following motors may be used:
PN 70T, PN Speedy07 Bush and BB, PN Speedy05, Kyosho stock motor or X-Speed. No armature swapping between motor types or rewinding allowed. Magnets as supplied by manufacturer for motor type, no swapping or substitutions.

OPEN BOARD, any number, type and combination of FETs allowed. External turbo boards are allowed.
The ONLY allowed motor is the PN 70t. Only the 70T armature and magnet types supplied with the PN 70T motor are allowed. Bearings may not be installed.

i just see no mention of 2.4 board in single layer fet cat. thats why i asked
Old 2009.08.14, 08:40 PM   #34
pick
Village Idiot

I never knew anybody ran a single layer 2.4 board or that it was possible. Since they come from Kyosho in a double stack 3010 configuration (4 total fets), that would mean you removed fets ? If you did this, and converted it to a true single layer (only 2 fets total) then I suppose you would fall under the same guidelines as any other single layer car. The single layer configuration doesn't apply only to AM cars, but I think you would raise a few eyebrows by removing fets. What I'm saying is, don't get upset if someone (not me) asks to look at the board to verify .

James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 08:52 PM   #35
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

this is just my stupidity. i never ran am boards only 2.4 so when i think of single layer i assumed it was just stock. i didn't know am had just one fet. i thought of stacking fets as adding them above what cae stok. now i know. thanks for the clarification.
Old 2009.08.14, 10:43 PM   #36
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Good question

You know what they say no question is a stupid one! I am glad to see you chiming in. I haven't met anyone yet that had all the answers, well except Christian. He is probably the most technical Mini-z guy I have met thus far, he's kind of scientific about it.

Me I am mostly not technical. I mostly ask the fast guys alot of stupid questions!

Jay
Old 2009.08.15, 06:50 AM   #37
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

If you look back I did have the 2.4 single option listed in the Single FET rule. I removed it in the second posting to simplify things and hopefully prevent too many FET questions from dissuading new guys from racing. If you buy a new 2.4 car do you add a layer and run a 70T or do you remove a set and run a Speedy 07? If I get beat consistently with one package do I have to remove or add FETs? I have been doing FET work for people and it would be good for my Z racing budget but I think it would keep those with a limited pocketbook from racing. If all 2.4 cars go to Open Board it's easy, add a layer of 8858 or 4562 and you are done, cheap and easy. Removing FETs is where I chance ruining a board. Then to go back and triple stack it adds a bit more expense for the board owner. A stock double 3010 car can run pretty competitively with a 70T, with clean driving. Latter a layer can be added quite cheaply.
Allowing a single FET option for 2.4 cars also adds to our tech problem... as James stated he is not going to check FETs, who does? A 70T or Speedy is easy to spot, an extra layer isn't. I think we are slowly transitioning to a PN style Open Board only stock class as people start replacing their AM cars with 2.4 cars. This doesn't prevent an AM car from racing though, as they are allowed in the Open Board-70T option too. I think PN, and alot of clubs, have gone to the Open Board format to ease tech issues and questions... no rule = no cheatin'! In my opinion we should head toward this Open Board - controlled motor format, allowing single FET 2.4 cars only compunds our problem.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.15, 06:53 AM   #38
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Oh, I think James should check boards 'cause he's got a TAZER!
Old 2009.08.15, 07:18 AM   #39
pick
Village Idiot

Tazing is fun!!

I think tazing someone that fails to comply with our rules would be a great idea ! But don't forget that I'm already a master of Rex Kwon Do and have recently been training to become a cage fighter..........

There's just nothing quite like a good open hand face slap . As for the rules, I agree with Pedro. Simpler is most of the time better . And with as much as I hate to admit it, we are all gradually moving to the open board / 70T setup. At our track, I think it is the most competitive setup you can run whether beginner or veteran .

James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.17, 11:06 AM   #40
Daddy Rabbit

Hey guys,
Which date has been picked? or is on here and I just missed it, see I can use age as an excuse.
And I might as well ask, Where and what time?
Look foward to seeing everyone.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.17, 08:51 PM   #41
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

D.R., no date posted yet but there are discussions about late September...
Hope you can make though I can't promise a similar tasty buffet that we enjoyed at CFI!

Haven't seen Landon posting much lately, have you put him back to work?
Old 2009.08.18, 11:54 AM   #42
Daddy Rabbit

Thanks for the come back Pedro, I will keep looking for the date to be posted.
As far as LT, he has had to do some work here lately, we don't want him to get rusty. We also bought all the mini "z" stock and track from 843 Hobbies, so he is busy getting an inventory on all the stock and track. Now we have enough RCP to make a huge track at the mall or where ever.
Look forward to seeing you and the guys at the Diablo or the Enduro, which ever comes first.
"Don't back up, Don't back down....Full throttle, Wide open"
Daddy Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.18, 06:51 PM   #43
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Giro Z

Did you guys buy the Giro-z. I should would like to have one, if I could put my hands on for cheap.

Jay
Old 2009.08.19, 07:08 AM   #44
hrdrvr
MBMZR

We did buy the GiroZ Jay, and have allready been approached about selling it I dont know if we will be considering selling it off though, as its nice to have a bcak-up bridge, the extra sensors would allow us to set up a bridge for a three wide straight, or let us have two tracks running at once

Pedro, Im doin' allright Thanks for asking.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.19, 08:05 AM   #45
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Thats cool!

Yeah it would be real nice if you did a race somewhere other than CFI you wouldn't have to take your home sytem down.

Or if you where helping run the time at lets say the Mini-Diablo.

Oh by the way I think we should impeach Pedro for President and consider this new cantidate, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baUx42qs1xU

See everyone soon!

Jay