Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.03.17, 07:34 AM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apie View Post
Links to those toy fair pics please!! dNano is the future!
search for the japan show thread. they are all in there. i and others have also listed all the new dnano and mini-z's shown at that show. there were MANY. largest single display of new bodies i've ever seen really.

good point, it's not inconceivable that the current model be discontinued and replaced with 2.4ghz model. i would think we would have seen new autoscales at least though and we haven't. the escalade was the last new autoscale for the overland as the dodge ram was for the monster. oddly enough, the ram came after the escalade and we haven't heard about the monster being discontinued.

another thing to consider is they are still supporting the line with parts. i doubt you will find them in any qnty as it will really depend a shops willingness to order/stock parts for a discontinued line.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.23, 02:05 PM   #17
arch2b

turns out there was a good reason for the discontinuation of the am overland;
Chassis Set ASF2.4GHz Overland

Chassis Set ASF2.4GHz Overland
Limited - MA-010AWD Price 13,650 / month -
also appeared Oparando ※ 2.4GHz finally! Body-less

Ronac posted this information in another thread.
Old 2010.04.23, 02:41 PM   #18
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Judging by the part number, they may have made an adaptation to the MA-010 racer for use with overland bodies... to give them AWD... That could be why the overland as we know it is discontinued(?) Thanks for the information, I would love to hear more about this
Old 2010.04.23, 02:55 PM   #19
arch2b

yeah, i thought that very odd too. maybe it's just a typo? it would be awsome if they finally made the overland 2.4 and awd. i'll not get my hopes up until we see more information available.
Old 2010.04.23, 09:45 PM   #20
herman

hmm... maybe they thought of doing something like this... i know, i know it's a buggy... but i guess you can adopt an overland body to it... (design by forum member dantep)

herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.24, 06:49 AM   #21
ocean rodeo

I just hope they can keep the articulation.
ocean rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.24, 01:23 PM   #22
EMU
EMUracing

Thanks for the image Herman... That would be killer!!! For everything but crawling...

I hope that they can balance the car better than the racer Talk about double A-arm action
Old 2010.04.24, 02:04 PM   #23
J-Milz

NICE! It looks like a Losi 8ight for mini z! I just installed a 03 board in my OL and the main thing I noticed right away is the overall response it has with a speedy 07. That I tested on my mini 96. I cant wait to open it up a bit at my local large track.(http://actionrcspeedway.com/)

It also looks like the 1/24 Redcat buggy:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1

Last edited by J-Milz; 2010.04.25 at 03:09 PM.
J-Milz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.27, 02:53 PM   #24
arch2b

looks like it was simply a typo. a picture is now up on the blog and it's just a 2.4 conversion of the overland.

i do hope it has the mr-03 2.4 board with coreless servo motor to provide some needed umpf behind the turning with larger wheels/tires.
Old 2010.04.27, 08:30 PM   #25
EMU
EMUracing

By the looks of it, it looks like a standard ASF board (one ICS port). And the servo box looks the same as the old one. I guess the AWD part number was incorrect.

Arch, your link is not working.
Old 2010.04.27, 09:30 PM   #26
ocean rodeo

I hope with the release of the 2.4 they will be intoducing some new ASC's.
ocean rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.12, 11:40 AM   #27
redz

Overland NOT Discontinued

So this thread starts really negative for the modest overland but infact the 2.4ghz is amazing new and really welcome info that parts and new stuff is still on the way, great work kyosho.

asc wise I thought some short course bodies would be fun, maybe even some lexan light weight bodies and lots of new scale wheel and tries, since some of mine are starting to crack and perish.
redz is offline   Reply With Quote