Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.08.05, 07:06 AM   #31
briankstan

Results are posted.
Old 2019.08.05, 01:09 PM   #32
mugler

Thumbs up

There looks to be some multiple repeat and cross entries for both CW & CCW & the total points tally is not tabulated.
OLR results scorching hot as ever, and pretty interesting results out of SLMZ with the 2 GLR's and 1 GLA in the Open class doing significantly less laps in the same hands compared to their Racer class counterparts... That 114 laps out of the good o'll 70T stands out like sore thumb, WoW!! With lower temps later in the year maybe I'll try one with the EVO speaking of which i did finally run an EVO board in the Racer class and even though for sure its more responsive all around I really don't think it translated into any advantage over the VE Pro result wise.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.05, 01:56 PM   #33
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Supports 27 seasons of data showing there is no need to be concerned with separating FWD/RWD/AWD. There were suggestions to ban AWD for a long time however results have always shown that was never necessary.
I don’t believe EVO board really makes a big difference once everyone is running 70T or more. Where it is really noticeable is in stock classes.

Any particular reason why electronics are noted with chassis type? Can we edit once posted? I was not aware we could input any chassis type and several of our were noted as MR-03. Prior results submission could only include terms that were selectable from HFAY website format. I like that we can include more information now such as fast lap.

This question is more addressed to NLT web site and can be addressed elsewhere but how are club members to join, associate with club and input extraneous data if they so choose vs. loose strings being added to formally submitted results?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.05, 02:38 PM   #34
mugler

Should be no problem at all continuing to allow K-AWD in Racer class ( HFAY stock) and yes no need for chassis separation which is how they've always been reported, right?

I used my new EVO board in the Racer class with 3500 nimh and still felt there was no advantage over the previously well tuned VE pro...even had a chance to tune it with ICS to get it just right for the day and all..technically though its a better board for sure so maybe with continued use more advantage can be shaken out of it.

it is great that electronics are being mentioned...if there isn't a separate field for it then posting w/chassis kinda gets the job done.
Old 2019.08.05, 02:46 PM   #35
arch2b

Lumping it in with chassis though creates issues with sorting data as your co-mingling chassis with electronics to create an endless variation within one tabulated column. I would lump that in with any additional data specific users could enter into their profile, etc.
Old 2019.08.06, 07:26 AM   #36
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
pretty interesting results out of SLMZ with the 2 GLR's and 1 GLA in the Open class doing significantly less laps in the same hands compared to their Racer class counterparts... That 114 laps out of the good o'll 70T stands out like sore thumb, WoW!!
We had a pretty interesting night racing. we all were having issues with our "driving" that night. I was upside down so many times from clipping the apex and rolling my cars. in one of our practice runs I was upside down 5 times in one race. in the Main, I only was upside down 1 time in my 70T car. Counter clockwise I really need to improve. I typically have a 10-15lap drop in the CCW direction, as we just never run that direction except for HFAY. My 70T car has always been good, with a clean run I think I would have 5 more laps, but that didn't happen with all 3 of us having "driving" issues that night.

Re the Open Class Cars. the 3 of us just built the cars and although they are faster we are still working on the setup, we can pull some fast laps but consistency isn't there yet. They will eventually be faster for sure once I get the setup I like, I'm not there yet. The GLA drives alot different than my RWD mini-z.

We didin't even run a CCW practice, and it was getting late so we only ran 1 race with the open cars in both direction and only 1 with the Racer class cars in the CCW direction. That's pretty typical with our club but it's all good.

I'm think it's going to be an interesting season to see the improvments in the cars as we get better with them.
Old 2019.08.06, 09:11 AM   #37
arch2b

We didn’t get a chance to run Modified at all. I’m hoping we get the opportunity to include this moving forward, just depends on available time.
Old 2019.08.07, 12:30 AM   #38
BladeSling

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
Any particular reason why electronics are noted with chassis type? Can we edit once posted? I was not aware we could input any chassis type and several of our were noted as MR-03. Prior results submission could only include terms that were selectable from HFAY website format. I like that we can include more information now such as fast lap.
You cannot edit your results once posted. You can delete your clubs race data and repost the race if you find an error. However you must do this before the submissions close. This prevents cheating.

There are no term constrains on the vehicle meta fields at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
This question is more addressed to NLT web site and can be addressed elsewhere but how are club members to join, associate with club and input extraneous data if they so choose vs. loose strings being added to formally submitted results?
I don't understand what you are looking for here. I think you are looking for the ability for club members to submit information on the race maybe about their cars and such?
BladeSling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.07, 12:38 AM   #39
BladeSling

It does appear burn city has submitted many times. I'm not sure which results of theirs to take in. If anyone can reach out to them and let them know they can delete the invalid result races from the races page on their community to clear up the results.

Also ask them what happened during their posting process. If something was wrong with the website. I can see some of them were posted a day apart and others within the same 10 minute window.
Old 2019.08.11, 09:01 PM   #40
mtse0

It looks like Burn city either has the motor types or the class incorrect in their data. Hopefully they check in so that it can get worked out. Maybe they get on the FB page and can be contacted through there?

I am one of the people adding EVO under the chassis listing. I did not think that there was a standard to follow and thought that it was pertinent information. Should I continue to add it or leave it out? I thought that just saying that my car is a PN2.5 is very broad and could have any number of boards sitting on it, but I do understand the point about needing the data to be sortable(?) in the future when the capability exists. Maybe we need to make a list of acceptable data for each field so that all submissions match because there is a difference between PN 2.5 and PN2.5 or mr03, mro3, and mr-03 when sorting data.

SEOZ has the first August race done. We all really liked this track. I had a lot of problems in the open race which was disappointing because my car was running great in the practice right before the race. I had a couple of big wrecks and even lost my batteries once. Not my worst race ever but I had big hopes for a personal best after the practice round. I will be using tape next time.

Last edited by mtse0; 2019.08.11 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Edit to say that I was able to contact Burn city on FB and asked them to contact Blaine.
mtse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.12, 06:35 AM   #41
arch2b

Under the old website, the inputs were limited thus if you did not follow format, the result was flagged as incorrect. If for example, results can be formatted on a spreadsheet with drop down selection for inputs except for names and time related inputs, this eliminates the possibility to input anything other than what can be sorted. On a data collection side, you only want as many input variables as necessary to prevent this very thing from happening as you currently could sort all results by chassis however results are all over the place due to variation in inputs. If no one cares, no big deal. There are lots of people that like data, comparisons, etc. which i have to imagine this drives them nuts.

Nothing wrong with broad, you can go far down the rabbit hole when you start placing electronics in the chassis type field. IE; MR-03 EVO, MR-03 VE, MR-03 VE PRO, MR-03 ASF, MR-03 FHS, MR-03 FHSS, MR-03 AM, MR-03 AD Band, etc., etc. Just my opinion, but if collecting info on electronics, best to keep as separate column of data.

Last edited by arch2b; 2019.08.12 at 06:39 AM.
Old 2019.08.12, 05:10 PM   #42
mugler

Burncity's admin on FB is Ken Leung & their group page is simply called Burncity MiniZ Club. Having zero experience with submitting results myself and therefore no ability to guide them through anything I didn't attempt to contact him/them but it'd be nice if the results were sorted and tabulated correctly for the month so among other things we can start posting them on social media, forums etc.

On an unrelated note looking forward to running a throwback PN70T/EVO/PN2.5 combo for in Augusts round, at least in one of the two directions
Old 2019.08.13, 01:52 AM   #43
BladeSling

Seems like the multi post issue was cleared up.

I do see an issue with the scores. The first place bonus point is only given to a single racer in the round rather than first place for each class. I'll fix that here soon. Other than that, the results look accurate. Let me know if you feel otherwise.

As for the issue with the vehicle meta fields. I like the idea of allowing people to fill out the results with drop downs and alerting on invalid results. The challenge is creating tools around these features for HFAY. I'll put some thought into solving vehicle meta data issues. Until then the community can work on a standard and try to meet it without tools.
Old 2019.08.13, 04:54 PM   #44
bobbyz

Hopefully just a housekeeping issue, but it looks like the "Racer Manual" and "Racer Classes" on NLT site for the HFAY Community has info from the older Season23 guidelines, and not Brian's revised guidelines for Season28. Please disregard if this has already been brought up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HFAY-S28-RACER-Manual (1).pdf (115.6 KB, 4 views)
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.08.14, 01:13 AM   #45
BladeSling

The results have been fixed! Sorry about the issues, first time with multiple classes and all. Please verify if you have an opportunity.

Some other significant changes occurred to the championship page
- The championship page was broken into several pages.
- Left side navigation now contains the register community button.
- Left side navigation is now championship oriented instead of the community navigation.
- Registering communities to championships has been simplified.
- Standings page was added with some instruction explaining how scoring works.
- Rounds page was added. This page holds all the race results.
- Registrations page was added. This is list of communities registered and approved for the championship.
- Community standings were removed as their measurements were flawed
- Racer Classes page was added. These are the racer classes associated to the championship.