Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.02.27, 11:23 PM   #31
herman

Quote:
the mr02 lm chassis has a wider front track width compared to the mr02 chassis... just a tad wider (like the mr02 compared to the mr01 when the first mr02 came out)... will borrow a caliper to measure for sure...
he he... just checked and the mr02 and mr02 lm chassis have the same front track width...

so you can just swap out motor mounts rm/mm and use the corresponding mr02 body... oh yeah forgot to mention that you've got to change the front knuckle to the standard mr02 knuckle...

hope this helps...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.28, 12:16 AM   #32
herman

some comparative chassis pictures... stock mr02lm & stock mr02 rm (ferrari 575 - chosen because of it's wide front and rear track width)

front track width (lm on the left, 575 on the right) looks almost the same...

rear track width (lm on the left, 575 on the right) looks like the 575 seems a bit wider in the rear...

front comparison (lm on the left, 575 on the right)
note chassis is lower to the ground due to the lm knuckle - axle it placed towards the top, compared to the stock mr02 knuckle which is nearer to the center

Last edited by herman; 2008.02.28 at 12:24 AM.
Old 2008.02.28, 12:22 AM   #33
herman

rims... from the looks of the inside the rims, it looks solid, but somebody will have to check for sure...

kt-18

took off the cover on the back... wonder what that slot with the two prongs are for (right side)
Old 2008.02.28, 03:13 AM   #34
piper1944

awesome pics....
piper1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.28, 12:02 PM   #35
Tjay

funny thing is that we have this 2.4g in stock and noone is really going crazy about it... not until th KO module is out and I can't wait for it !

Nice comparison pics Herman! Wait.... is that a caliber tool ? Were you at work when you took those pics !
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.28, 09:36 PM   #36
herman

yup at work (busted )...lol..
and yes that is a digital caliper... measured the front track width of the mr02 lm chassis against the mr02... and well they're the same give or take a few .01 mm hehehe...

so i guess you can just swap out the motor mount and tada you've got a mr02 mm or mr02 rm... which is pretty good to know, since all the while i thought that the front track width of the mr02 lm would be a tad wider...
Old 2008.02.28, 11:58 PM   #37
herman

more thoughts on the mr02 lm....

got to run it in the office... it was pretty fast and responsive even with the stock 6t pinion (guess it was all due to the 4 3010 fets in the car)... still trying to get used to the reversing issue...

after running it for a short while, i noticed that the body had small hairline cracks up front in the nose section as a result of some minor collisions with chair and table legs... and i wasn't going that fast... i'd say amongst all of the bodies that kyosho made, this one would be the most fragile... kinda sad...

stock tires are sticky and seem to have pretty decent grip, but once it collects dirt, it's spin city...

there's a lot of space between the rear fender and rear wheel... it just doesn't look right... guess you'll have to shim the motor pod or relocate the body mounts...

Last edited by herman; 2008.02.29 at 12:17 AM.
Old 2008.02.29, 08:52 PM   #38
bmxtrev
MidWest Racers

Send a message via AIM to bmxtrev Send a message via MSN to bmxtrev
where can i find a 2.4 ghz conversion set for a mr02 RM?
Old 2008.02.29, 11:36 PM   #39
LBRC

You wait; the shop here will have them just as soon as anyone in the US and for a better price than most. They where suppose to be released yesterday but that’s in Japan and maybe HK, then Europe gets theirs, and finally in a month or two the US shipment will arive.
Old 2008.03.01, 02:41 AM   #40
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxtrev View Post

I was thinking about waiting for the conversion kit. But if it sells anything like the AM or AD boards, it will cost around $30 less then a ready set.

So I just picked up on of the 2.4 cars. The Autoscales cost $40, so for $130, you get a body, and the car. All you have to do is take the parts off your RM and you are ready to go.

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 05:04 AM   #41
HaCo
02-Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
took off the cover on the back... wonder what that slot with the two prongs are for (right side)
I think this will be the expansion slot, although two pins don't seem enough for communication + power supply of an expansion slot... w'll have to wait, and see... I hope they come up with some sort of memory module!
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.01, 06:25 AM   #42
Rune
Mini-Z Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBRC View Post
You wait; the shop here will have them just as soon as anyone in the US and for a better price than most. They where suppose to be released yesterday but that’s in Japan and maybe HK, then Europe gets theirs, and finally in a month or two the US shipment will arive.
Here in Europe we have had them for one month. They came into the shops on february 7.
The electronics are great. I have only ran it with regular 02 MM setup.
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.02, 11:44 PM   #43
herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxtrev View Post
i agree with rharris on this one...

get a mr02lm... since the main chassis is like the mr02, take out the lm motor mount and replace that with the rm mount (or any other mount) & the standard front knuckle... and you're good to go...

not to mention you will be getting an added bonus for the really pretty 962 porsche autoscale body (worth $40) to boot...
Old 2008.03.02, 11:45 PM   #44
herman

Quote:
I think this will be the expansion slot, although two pins don't seem enough for communication + power supply of an expansion slot... w'll have to wait, and see... I hope they come up with some sort of memory module!
thanks for the info...
Old 2008.03.06, 09:43 PM   #45
herman

another update....

after having some issues with reverse.... i finally resolved the issue... it works a lot better now... when all else fails... read the manual...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...t=27704&page=3