Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.05.31, 10:06 AM   #1
thestug

ICS and windows 7?

Does anyone know if Kyosho is planning on making the ICS compatible with newer versions of windows? If so, when. Or is there a way to get it to work somehow?
Old 2011.06.23, 04:08 PM   #2
thestug

anyone?...
Old 2011.06.23, 05:03 PM   #3
thestug

I read somewhere that the ICS will work on windows 7. I seem to be struggling to get mine installed and working. Can anyone help?
Old 2011.06.23, 06:50 PM   #4
color01

What exactly isn't working? Which part of the software, and what is it doing? Hanging, error message, specific details please. I have the ICS software on my laptop but no cable, haven't seen any hanging yet. Of course I'm unable to help you test if the settings are sticking.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.24, 07:36 AM   #5
Z-inim
A-Main (so its a reach..)

I have it working on my win7...what have you done to install it so far? (more info please)
Old 2011.06.24, 09:55 AM   #6
pinwc4

The first thing is to be sure you are selecting the correct COM port. If you are using a USB ICS adapter then in device manager you should look for a device under ports called either ICS Adapter or FTDI.

If you do not see one of those then it may be possible you need to have a driver installed. All of the USB ones I have encountered use the FTDI chipset. You can get the driver from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

If the driver is fine and it is the software itself that is not working right in Windows 7 then there are a couple of better programs you can use. I wrote an ICS program that supports the Mini-Z's and dNaNo's and works on Windows 7, Mac and Linux. You can find it here:

http://www.flipsideracing.org/projects/FlipSideICS

Ko Propo also created newer ICS software that is cross platform and should work with Windows 7. You can find it here:

http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...109&Itemid=153

Hope that helps
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.24, 11:55 AM   #7
Z-inim
A-Main (so its a reach..)

This is exactly what i did and use. Flipsideracing software and ftdi driver as spelled out pinwc4!
Old 2011.06.27, 02:40 PM   #8
thestug

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwc4 View Post
The first thing is to be sure you are selecting the correct COM port. If you are using a USB ICS adapter then in device manager you should look for a device under ports called either ICS Adapter or FTDI.

If you do not see one of those then it may be possible you need to have a driver installed. All of the USB ones I have encountered use the FTDI chipset. You can get the driver from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

If the driver is fine and it is the software itself that is not working right in Windows 7 then there are a couple of better programs you can use. I wrote an ICS program that supports the Mini-Z's and dNaNo's and works on Windows 7, Mac and Linux. You can find it here:

http://www.flipsideracing.org/projects/FlipSideICS

Ko Propo also created newer ICS software that is cross platform and should work with Windows 7. You can find it here:

Hope that helps
I can't get my computer to recognize the usb dongle. Also If I try to load info to or from the chassis. It gives me an a message. I think the message says COMM somewhere in there. What do I need to do to make it work?
Old 2011.06.27, 04:44 PM   #9
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestug View Post
I can't get my computer to recognize the usb dongle. Also If I try to load info to or from the chassis. It gives me an a message. I think the message says COMM somewhere in there. What do I need to do to make it work?
Did you try the Windows setup executable from the ftdi link above? It is on the far right of the screen in the row for Windows drivers. Or you can use this direct link:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20814_Setup.exe

That should just install it automatically and then ICS adapter will be recognized the next time it is plugged in. The adapter is usually the last COM device in the list. So if you have a COM1, COM3 and COM6 it would be COM6.

The other Windows drivers on the page are for manual installs from a zip file. You may need to manually install the driver if the setup executable does not work. FTDI has instructions on doing that here:

FTDI Install Guides
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.27, 05:04 PM   #10
reaper

is it a kyosho ICS or a home brew ? if the latter you need to install a usb to rs232 driver

either way when you first plug in the PC will allocate a port number , take note of this and when you open the software enter this number into the "port" box
reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.27, 07:34 PM   #11
thestug

Quote:
Did you try the Windows setup executable from the ftdi link above? It is on the far right of the screen in the row for Windows drivers. Or you can use this direct link:

That should just install it automatically and then ICS adapter will be recognized the next time it is plugged in. The adapter is usually the last COM device in the list. So if you have a COM1, COM3 and COM6 it would be COM6.

The other Windows drivers on the page are for manual installs from a zip file. You may need to manually install the driver if the setup executable does not work. FTDI has instructions on doing that here:

FTDI Install Guides
thanks, for the direct link. I will install it and see if anything changes tomorrow. I just don't understand why this must be so difficult and why kyosho dosen't release something that is compatible with windows 7.
Old 2011.06.28, 04:34 AM   #12
z3zinho

By the way, what version of the software are you running? The one that is in the kyosho CD?

In KO america's website is a version that is compatible with win7. Is this the one you're using?

Old 2011.06.28, 04:45 PM   #13
thestug

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3zinho View Post
By the way, what version of the software are you running? The one that is in the kyosho CD?

In KO america's website is a version that is compatible with win7. Is this the one you're using?

The one I have been trying to use is the one that says ver. 1.14a. I got it from the kyosho site.
Old 2011.06.28, 04:50 PM   #14
thestug

Quote:

FTDI Install Guides
I clicked on the direct link and clicked run, it downloaded but nothing happened. At least to my knowledge. Maybe that is all it was supposed to do. That should get the COM ports woking, right? It stll won't let my select a COM port it. The only option is off.
Old 2011.06.29, 10:22 AM   #15
thestug

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3zinho View Post

I have tried this also. It won't work either. i don't think this is the issue.