Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs

Old 2004.10.14, 11:24 AM   #1
Mini-Z Fan

Send a message via AIM to Mini-Z Fan
New Hobby Shop In Southern California

Hi i want to inform that there's a new hobby shop in town. They also sell MINI-Z stuff (Kyosho parts & hop-ups, Gpm, PN racing) & they have reasonable prices. But the best part is that, they are going to SET-UP a RCP Track (3 wide L's) every Saturday (free as long as you have your mini-z) & they said if it draws more people into the mini-z stuff, they will start to have a regular races.

For more info visit them at:

Southland Hobbies
11455 E Carson St
Lakewood, CA 90715
562-403-2168

southlandhobbies.com (not yet running)
Old 2004.10.14, 11:42 AM   #2
TNB
Pet Human

Go Henry.
Old 2004.10.14, 11:47 AM   #3
Mini-Z Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
Go Henry.
Hi There Buddy How are you? Thanx for your time last week, I sure have fun (except the driving) I went home 7:00, stuck traffic 2hrs.
Old 2004.10.14, 12:07 PM   #4
TNB
Pet Human

I guess that means you could have hung around longer and joined a couple of us for a bite to eat. Maybe next time an overnight trip. And thanks for the tires, I may try them out this Saturday since I plan to set up a good size track. I'll also try to post photos by Sunday in the Gallery if I do set the track up. I'll also call you later about more Xray M18 parts--I am in no hurry though since everything is working fine for what I am doing with it right now unless I check out one of the new local onraod tracks too. If I do that though I'll probably have to drop it down from a 3-cell lipo. See you again sometime.
Old 2004.10.14, 12:32 PM   #5
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

I highly recommend stopping by Southland Hobbies, if you’re in the area. The store owners are very nice and have a real passion towards this great hobby.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.14, 01:02 PM   #6
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Will they be offering an online store? I'm just curious.

3 Wide Ls are good to work with... the owners must be into Zs for them to have all those hop-ups and tracks....

Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.14, 01:08 PM   #7
TNB
Pet Human

It's my understanding that there will be an online store. I've raced Zs with one of the owners here in Las Vegas, in Palmdale, and in Anaheim. It is a family owned business by some very nice people. The store sells other items in addition to Mini-Z items too, i.e. airplanes, helicopters, and so on.

PS: Henry, if it is your birthday today, Happy Birthday.

Last edited by TNB; 2004.10.14 at 01:16 PM.
TNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.14, 01:18 PM   #8
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
It's my understanding that there will be an online store. I've raced Zs with one of the owners here in Las Vegas, in Palmdale, and in Anaheim. It is a family owned business by some very nice people. The store sells other items in addition to Mini-Z items too, i.e. airplanes, helicopters, and so on.

PS: Henry, if it is your birthday today, Happy Birthday.
Nice.
I love family owned buisnesses, they are #1 in my book. Too bad more and more of them just cannot compete and get run into the ground... it's sad to see them disapear.
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.14, 05:09 PM   #9
TNB
Pet Human

I usually prefer the personal service that a mom & pop shop can provide over the large venders and usually try to support them. However, as a consumer I have my limits too. In this case, I know the owners are interested in Mini-Zs and other products, so it is more than just a matter of trying to make a sale. One thing I can't stand is a salesperson who goes on and on about how great something is but has never owned the product, never worked on the product, or even drove the product. Those people I stay away from and I usually try to research the products prior to ever setting foot in the stores where they work. I've also told a few of them that they were full of it in front of their co-workers and bosses. Some I no longer see employeed in the hobby stores and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why. Now, if I could just quit the impulse purchases too. Where is that Kyosho Mini-buggy at again????
Old 2004.10.20, 10:29 AM   #10
Mini-Z Fan

TNB, good news, I just spoke to our buddy (southland hobbies) & he said, they got hooked with HUDY / XRAY & they can get all your parts. Mail him for your orders.
Old 2004.10.20, 12:54 PM   #11
TNB
Pet Human

Will Do! The car wants another ball diff and some other alloy! A new track should be opening in two weeks, so I probably need to cut back on the 3-cell lipo too.
Old 2004.10.20, 01:00 PM   #12
Aaronnn
(TITANIUM)

TNB, what new track?
Aaronnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.20, 01:51 PM   #13
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronnn
TNB, what new track?
I don't know if I introduced you to the guy I knew at RCX 2004 who I purchased an RC work stand from or not but he lives in here in Las Vegas. Anyway, he purchased Dansey's old dirt track and has picked up a timing system. He has also redone the dirt and it has become active with racing on Saturdays. This Sunday there is also an RC swap meet.

In addition, he plans to use part of the parking lot for on-road racing starting in about 1 1/2 weeks. My M18 actually had pretty decent traction on the parking lot last Sunday with foams, but he is going to do up the on-road track area. There is already another driver's stand set up for on-road.

The owner also asked me if I wanted to help set up a Mini-Z Race using my track, but I told him that I didn't think there would be enough local support not to mention the hassle of getting the track down to the lot. After all, the LHS across doesn't get that many people to show up to practice on the 4L and nobody ran on it during Hobby Visions even though various members showed an interest on this board.

It would be different if I had the track stored in a trailer, but I would also have to borrow a truck and then load it. Maybe I should just check into a cheap truck, but still I don't want to go through the hassle to set up the track and tear it down in one day to have a couple of people show up at most when I could just set it up in the driveway or where I am probably moving to soon.

The main attractions would be that the set up would be larger than the track at the LHS and not in the same configuration which hasn't been changed since its set up. If the new track was an indoor facility and I could set it up the night before and tear down the following day, I would be more inclined to do it. I guess one alternative or incentive, could be to set up the track that morning and whoever showed up early to help set up the track could practice until race time. Who knows, if the race was successful the LHS might show and get more interest in Mini-Zs. However, I think it would take several organized races to get anything going on here since it would probably take that long to get the newbees to purchase Mini-Zs and parts.
Old 2004.10.20, 01:56 PM   #14
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i too had alot of people tell me they were interested in racing on my track only to have one or two show up each time i've become good friends with the ones that have though and it's always fun to make friends with similar hobbies.

considering the size of your track tnb, it would be a huge logisitical mess to move it all. i don't even want to move mine
arch2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.10.20, 02:15 PM   #15
TNB
Pet Human

If two people showed up with Mini-Zs that could drive half-way decent all the time, I'd be happy since it would probably improve all our skills. Of course, I'd probably take a few more photos, shoot a video or two, and hopefully learn how to compress the video better. Don't take me wrong or anything, Tigger is fun to watch on the track too but he just can't quite figure out how to control the RC and Bennie is simply out-of-control when it comes to RCs.