Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.12.28, 11:21 PM   #1
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Race Event - Season Opener - 01/06/07

Race Location
---------------------
Hobby Mart
11235 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770) 740-2915

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 1:00pm

Available Practice Times (normal shop hours)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tues - Fri 10:30am - 7:00pm
Sat (non-race day) - 10:30am - 4:00pm
Sat (race day) 10:30am to start of races

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each. This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- RCP Track (2 wide L's).
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- Qualifiers and Mains will be 5 minutes.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!
Old 2006.12.31, 09:01 PM   #2
hpgod

Im in for the stock class, Even got a new stock motor, The old MR01 is getting up to speed.

I am not sure what Blakes schedule is. If no basketball Ill go out to Monroe and bring him to to run his new mr02.
I'll bring my micro t, That may be a viable class bone stock.
Art Shull
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.04, 10:02 AM   #3
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Jeff - I am responding in this thread as to your post about Miguel ordering AWD cars. This thread is probably a better place for questions relating to the upcoming event. I'm just trying to keep posts in the Rules/Classes/Prizes thread related to those topics.

Miguel is ordering more than 1 MA010, but it appears that these won't be here until the following race (1/20) . Is there any particular MA010 that you want. Let me (or Migueal) know ASAP... or you could overnight one from the shop here (or somewhere else).
Old 2007.01.06, 03:21 PM   #4
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Results

Stock A Main

Open A Main
Old 2007.01.06, 04:42 PM   #5
bemoore
Rolling Chicane

Thanks, Patrick for getting the results posted so promptly.
Old 2007.01.06, 06:41 PM   #6
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Fun stuff today guys. Next time i'll try to run the AWD more. I got so use to running the MR-02 that I just stuck with that.
Old 2007.01.06, 06:47 PM   #7
wsaenotsock

Had a great time everyone! Too bad my car and my driving feel apart in the main. Car felt pretty dialed thru the heats, best it's felt so far. I think I could 60 laps if I keep the spazzing to a minimum. I liked the idea to lengthen the mains to perhaps 10 minutes. Should give more opportunity to catch up if one falls behind.
wsaenotsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.06, 07:25 PM   #8
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsaenotsock
Had a great time everyone! Too bad my car and my driving feel apart in the main. Car felt pretty dialed thru the heats, best it's felt so far. I think I could 60 laps if I keep the spazzing to a minimum. I liked the idea to lengthen the mains to perhaps 10 minutes. Should give more opportunity to catch up if one falls behind.
Yea, longer heats do sound better. It just might help me catch up from all the mistakes I make, or it just might give me more time to fall behind!
Old 2007.01.06, 08:50 PM   #9
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyboy
Yea, longer heats do sound better. It just might help me catch up from all the mistakes I make, or it just might give me more time to fall behind!
Yeah, I had fun too! I see a lot of improvement in everyone at each race.

10 minute mains sounds good to me. If anyone has any comments please let me know. We can make the final descision at the start of our next race.

I'm hopeful that we will have at least a couple more AWD's by the next race too! That should be fun!
Old 2007.01.08, 04:23 PM   #10
bemoore
Rolling Chicane

Patrick,

In reviewing the results, I noticed that the minimum lap time limit appears to be disabled. Several laps of less than 2.0 seconds were recorded. Also, in the Stock Main, 3 out of the 5 cars had a first lap of less than 2.0 seconds. It appears that you don't have to cross the start/finish to begin lap 1. Or was there a pile up at turn 1 at the start? I don't remember.

Regarding the length of the mains; My initial inclination is to vote to keep them at 5 minutes. My concentration tends to start dropping as the heat progresses. If everyone else wants it longer, I would like to request at least a compromise of something less than 10 minutes.
Old 2007.01.09, 08:16 AM   #11
AtlRC
AMSR Coordinator

Oh yeah... congratulations Kevin for a 56 lap run with a fast lap of 4.52 seconds!

Here are the results from that heat: Open Class 3rd Qualifier

Even though the first lap was only 1.11 seconds, that was a good run.

For some reason, the race setup parameters went away. The minimum lap time was not where it used to be (around 3.5 seconds). It appeared to be back to the default of 1 second. I'll recheck all parameters at the next race.

As to main lengths, how about we bump them up to 7 minutes and see how it goes. Any comments?
Old 2007.01.09, 02:53 PM   #12
bemoore
Rolling Chicane

7 minutes is fine with me.
Old 2007.01.09, 09:40 PM   #13
wsaenotsock

Did we ever come up with a points system? Any suggestions? 1st place gets 10 points, second?...and so on??. TQ get an additional point?

Hopefully, I'll join up in the points race next time around with something new
wsaenotsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.10, 12:02 AM   #14
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
Any Idea when the next race will be?
Do you guys run the HFAY OLPS series as well?
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.10, 06:00 AM   #15
hpgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja
Any Idea when the next race will be?
Do you guys run the HFAY OLPS series as well?
HFAY OLPS series no not yet
next race per another thread is 1-20, 2-3, 2-17 every 2 weeks
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote