Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.01.08, 07:03 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
January 31, 2009 - HFAY S7, Race 1

This will be at Hobby Works, Fairfax, VA

Setup - 11am-noon
Practice - Noon-1pm
Race - 1pm-6pm
Clean up - 6-7pm
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.12, 01:14 AM   #2
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Sounds good. Just gotta order 1 of those motors or 2 if my friend is gonna come as well.
Old 2009.01.12, 12:15 PM   #3
arch2b

i would order 2 at a time. there are always minute production differences in motors allowing for a slight variation in performance. on rare occasions you can get one that just speeds past others or is just dog slow. ordering more than one lets you prep both and choose the best one vs. being stuck with whatever.
Old 2009.01.12, 02:47 PM   #4
soulstice

What's the motor spec for season 7. I looked on the hfay site but it doesn't look like the information is up to date, or at least it seems that way.

I'm gonna try to make it to this event. It's been a really long time.
Old 2009.01.12, 03:06 PM   #5
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstice View Post
What's the motor spec for season 7. I looked on the hfay site but it doesn't look like the information is up to date, or at least it seems that way.

I'm gonna try to make it to this event. It's been a really long time.
the current HFAY Spec Motor is the same as season 6...

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Zen_Ca...roducts_id=181
Old 2009.01.15, 08:52 AM   #6
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

The Ringer and I just ordered some more motors, so there should be plenty of spares if anyone needs to borrow one.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.15, 08:31 PM   #7
arch2b

i just ordered 2 more as well.
Old 2009.01.15, 09:56 PM   #8
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Could I just buy one from one of you guys, given its not a horribly trashy one via the variable build specs.
Old 2009.01.16, 05:46 PM   #9
arch2b

if you don't mind a used one, i would be willing to give you one of my motors from season 6. it's been used in approximately 4 races.
Old 2009.01.23, 07:05 PM   #10
arch2b

guys, unless the garage has internet access, the track pc at hw will be needed. i forgot that the last time i took my laptop to hw, i was prompted for a driver update before core would be recognized. no internet means no update means no core on my laptop. i suspect this will be the case for anyone that has not had core plugged into thier pc for awhile.

i had not had the chance to borrow the loop between races in order to get the drivers installed while at home.
Old 2009.01.23, 09:10 PM   #11
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Arch, I sent you an email.

If nobody else can make it, I'll reroute my trip to stop by HW, it's more or less on the way for me. Anybody know what time it opens tomorrow?

Edit: %#&@, it's 10:30am...there goes my tweak time.

Last edited by soyverde; 2009.01.23 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Update
Old 2009.01.24, 08:57 AM   #12
arch2b

got ti and sent a couple files your way. i will bring my portable drive with all my core releases if anyone needs a copy for a computer. see you guys soon.

i also have a couple things to give out if anyone wants them... need to thin my box a bit.
Old 2009.01.26, 10:23 AM   #13
arch2b

thank soy for putting copies of the hfay track on the pc we really should do that for the entire season, anyone have a link to the s7 tracks?

since i do not have core with me, i will not be able to get the voice call outs ready by this weekends race. i will take core with me after this race so that i can update the software. or figure out how to transfer it all over to the track pc.

please bring your hfay transponders!! everyone should have a nice sticker on thier transponder making it difficult to loose or misplace. i will be deleting all transponder data from core and rescanning all the hfay only transponders this weekend. this will allow anyone to start a hfay race with core by simply pulling drivers from the db instead of scanning them in. i'll need to do this to get the voice call outs setup as well.
i had intended for everyone to use one trasnponder for both hfay classes. if there is a reason why this can not be done, please make sure you have a 2nd transponder identified and i will scan it in accordingly.

it will be important to keep track of these transponders. this will avoid many core mistakes that happen when core tags are scanned in or selected incorrectly. if one is lost, please let me know and i'll do my best to replace it. i have plenty of extra hfay tranponder stickers if anyone needs one.

please make sure you have your racer and f1 in ready condition. tunning is understood but it will save all of time by coming prepared. i already glued my f1 body together yesterday with jb weld so lets hope that holds up well.

Last edited by arch2b; 2009.01.26 at 10:25 AM.
Old 2009.01.26, 12:24 PM   #14
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
thank soy for putting copies of the hfay track on the pc we really should do that for the entire season, anyone have a link to the s7 tracks?
The entire season's worth are on the track PC, and I have a copy on the thumb drive I keep in my pit box. If that doesn't avoid the issue we previously had, I don't know what will.

Unfortunately I didn't bring the core loop with me, or I could have done the work myself. Let me know if you would like me to do anything with the track PC this week sans loop. I couldn't run core on the alternate PCs I set up even with the nosensor port switch enabled...though I didn't work too hard at it (i.e. try via command line) since it was some time Sunday morning before I was done with them.
Old 2009.01.26, 09:28 PM   #15
Mike Keely

I just have the normal core transponder. Gary a friend of mine is planning on coming also. He has the same type of transponder.
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote