Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.01.19, 10:11 PM   #31
solartech
r/c user

Well I don't know what to do now. I know there may be an issue with alluminum. But when racing mu cup car (which has no alumium parts) I didn't coun't for a few laps in some of the heats and the main. This happend two weeks in a row with this car. My iwaiver woulden't coun't at all, but I already covered this earlier in this thread. So this week I switched back to my Mr-02 w/enzo body with no aluminum clip ,but with a cp aluminum bumper. The bummper caused a probllem to. So we switched out the transponder with another one. Eric set me up in test mode and I stripped my car of most of the aluminum parts except the pod. I still had a low reading on certin parts of the finish line. I kinda ruled out the aluminum parts as the problem. One body I ran had led lights in it my other body didn't have the lights ,,,same problems. I mounted the new transponder over the rear pod under the enzo body and it improved alot I had a good reading like tha in test mode. The only problem is that thr rear wheels rub when I corner so this wont work. The only thing I can think of is can the radio frquency of a certin channel cause problems? I used kopropo ch #1 in all three cars which had problems with counting. I am at a loss of ideas and dont know what else to do.
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.19, 11:13 PM   #32
CoreAnalog

Solartech,

I'm at a loss as to why you are having such problems. To rule out the channel that you are using, please do a signal strength test with the car powered on. Also check the strength as you raise the car higher above the pickup antenna. There are still minor bugs in the beta software that the beta sites are using (which will be fixed in the next software release). But, these bugs wouldn't cause all of the problems that you are having. Show up early the next race night and maybe Eric can give me a call and we can try to help solve your problems :-)

--Core
CoreAnalog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.19, 11:58 PM   #33
solartech
r/c user

I hate to complain. I know your company is on to some thing good for this hobby. Eric is willing to work with me in solving this issue. I plan on being at Cp raceway sunday afternoon. I belive Eric said he is going to relocate the antena loop in a different mannor. I will post our results. This has just kinda got me bummed out because I cant figure it out.
Thank You for your reply and I look forward to racing with your system

Phil
Old 2005.01.20, 11:45 AM   #34
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
well it is a beta test unit. I cant see why a raceway is using a beta test for a serious series? It seems like it should be done on non series days and practice..that is unless if racing is free...
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.20, 09:06 PM   #35
solartech
r/c user

well I think you are on to somthing. At the track there is a functioning
kopropo unit avalible. Its always worked for me in the past but other racer have had problems.
Old 2005.01.27, 10:56 PM   #36
PoorZDriver
I Apex Like poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by solartech
well I think you are on to somthing. At the track there is a functioning
kopropo unit avalible. Its always worked for me in the past but other racer have had problems.

But it seems the iwavers skip laps with the ARC system (KO). is it possibly an issue with the antenna itself? is there a way to "increase the gain" or make it a wider antenna to increace the time the car is over it, thus increasing the probibility it will pick up the transponder? is the antenna supposed to be on a bridge, and not under the track? are the transponders defective? are the transponders defective?

Most importantly.... why is CP the ONLY system that is having issues? there has to be an uncommon factor in the setup at the raceway.... a point if interferance or something with the PC that hosts the system. a faulty antenna.... something strange is happening here... we need to pinpoint the issue so it doesnt pop up in other tracks.

I will trade professional graphic design and photography services in part or whole for Mini-z's and parts. Pm me for details
PoorZDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.27, 11:04 PM   #37
solartech
r/c user

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorZDriver
But it seems the iwavers skip laps with the ARC system (KO). is it possibly an issue with the antenna itself? is there a way to "increase the gain" or make it a wider antenna to increace the time the car is over it, thus increasing the probibility it will pick up the transponder? is the antenna supposed to be on a bridge, and not under the track? are the transponders defective? are the transponders defective?

Most importantly.... why is CP the ONLY system that is having issues? there has to be an uncommon factor in the setup at the raceway.... a point if interferance or something with the PC that hosts the system. a faulty antenna.... something strange is happening here... we need to pinpoint the issue so it doesnt pop up in other tracks.
My iwaiver does not count well with the ko system
Old 2005.01.28, 08:39 AM   #38
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
cp's system is not the same as the one i am testing. his antenna loop in much larger to accomodate the larger track which requires a certain amount of finesse in placement etc. to optimize the response.

i can not tell you why your car or others have not been responding however i have a feeling it NOT a critical flaw with the core system. the other testors have experienced glitches but nothing to the degree to which some have experienced at cp's leading me to believe it's some anomaly related to the environment possibly. just my opinion
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.28, 08:48 AM   #39
PoorZDriver
I Apex Like poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
cp's system is not the same as the one i am testing. his antenna loop in much larger to accomodate the larger track which requires a certain amount of finesse in placement etc. to optimize the response.

i can not tell you why your car or others have not been responding however i have a feeling it NOT a critical flaw with the core system. the other testors have experienced glitches but nothing to the degree to which some have experienced at cp's leading me to believe it's some anomaly related to the environment possibly. just my opinion

it could only really be a core problem if the software has a conflict with the large loop, which is possible I assume, but i have too many holes in my EE knowledge base to surely make that statement. Like i have said before, I am a designer, not an engineer. is it poss that the PC is just too slow to keep up with it? or is it possible that re-programming the transponders every week has damaged them in some weird electronic memory sort of way? could it be as stupid as the tape eric uses to hold the antenna down under the track? flourescant lighting? a can of pepsi in the far corner of the room bouncing solar flare gamma rays off of the glass and into the antenna? (j/k, of coarse)

I will trade professional graphic design and photography services in part or whole for Mini-z's and parts. Pm me for details
Old 2005.01.28, 09:10 AM   #40
arch2b

it's quite possible it could be something as odd or unpredictable as the soda can and solar flares

it's also plausible that it cold be a pc problem as i and others have had win xp issues and the hardware response time. winxp is not the optimal op for the system (apparently linux works much better). i can't get into it much as i don't know much about the nuts and bolts of it but i can say there are any number of seemingly simple or mundane things that could be effecting the performance other than the software/hardware itself. this is why beta testing is sooo important and why core wanted a few with varying use groups to do the beta testing. he is committed to producing a quality system and we have been working with him with that aim in mind. any problems are essentaily a good thing to find NOW rather than after public release.

so, please try to keep all this in mind regarding some of the seemingly frustrated and negative replies regarding the system. you are not working with something bought off the shelf with years of development etc, this is a new system (hardware and software). i have yet to see a system reviewed that still does not have problems so when you compare that to the current state of the core system i think it's on track to becoming a very good product. i as well as core do apprecitate your coming forth with the issues, just to make that clear. what would help best though is for you to pass these issues on to eric (in as much detail as possible) so that they can be passed on with his notes to core for review. rest assured, every issue is reviewed/looked at/gone over/whatever you want to call it but core is interested in feedback and using it inamking a better product. we, the beta tester, frequently chat about these things and it helps us all learn from each other's experiences.
Old 2005.01.28, 09:35 AM   #41
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

It is good to see that the problems are on a forum for all to see and discuss. 500 brains are better than a few. It's also good to see that they are taling tehir time to get all the bugs out.

One thing I would liek to see is an ability to take it to my 1:10 track and use it for practice there too.
Old 2005.01.28, 10:16 AM   #42
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruknd@aol.com
It is good to see that the problems are on a forum for all to see and discuss. 500 brains are better than a few. It's also good to see that they are taling tehir time to get all the bugs out.

One thing I would liek to see is an ability to take it to my 1:10 track and use it for practice there too.
yes, and no... you can get problems reported that may or may not actually relate to the hardware/software thus creating a misinformed opinion. i don't think too many company's do product testing in an open forum for this very reason. what's great is that we all get to understand where the product is at and opinions. i, however believe any problems during beta testing should be handled between the owner/member and the manufacturer. after all, the owner's have confidentiality agreements with the manufacturer which is fair and understandable and direct public discussion can subvert this in a sense. it's not a matter of trying to cover anything up, it's a matter of privacy etc. a good manufacturer will solicite as much reposnse as he is able to respond to which is what i believe core is doing however is should be conducted via the proper channels etc. i would encourage anyone involved/using the core system during it's beta testing phase to report as much and as often as possible regarding their experiences. problems, questions, reviews, likes, dislikes etc. i just happen to feel the public realm is not the most apporpriate place to do so (unless solicitated form the manufacturer). inwhich case there might already be a thread regarding wishes, likes, dislikes already. again, i don't think this is an effort to subvert anyone or anything... core is a busniess and the beta testing is a process of that business and should be respected as such. ofcourse this is all my opinion and i'm not speaking for core
Old 2005.01.28, 10:24 AM   #43
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

in theory i agree with that but this particular item is of a specific use type with a relatively small core population that would be interested in it so forums like this serve a good purpose. Plus, and not to speak for core, large companies have a very large budget for beta testing and spend lots of tiem and money doing it...for a small company forums like these are inexpensive ways to get to your core audience....no pun intended.
Old 2005.01.28, 10:51 AM   #44
PoorZDriver
I Apex Like poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
it's quite possible it could be something as odd or unpredictable as the soda can and solar flares

it's also plausible that it cold be a pc problem as i and others have had win xp issues and the hardware response time. winxp is not the optimal op for the system (apparently linux works much better). i can't get into it much as i don't know much about the nuts and bolts of it but i can say there are any number of seemingly simple or mundane things that could be effecting the performance other than the software/hardware itself. this is why beta testing is sooo important and why core wanted a few with varying use groups to do the beta testing. he is committed to producing a quality system and we have been working with him with that aim in mind. any problems are essentaily a good thing to find NOW rather than after public release.

so, please try to keep all this in mind regarding some of the seemingly frustrated and negative replies regarding the system. you are not working with something bought off the shelf with years of development etc, this is a new system (hardware and software). i have yet to see a system reviewed that still does not have problems so when you compare that to the current state of the core system i think it's on track to becoming a very good product. i as well as core do apprecitate your coming forth with the issues, just to make that clear. what would help best though is for you to pass these issues on to eric (in as much detail as possible) so that they can be passed on with his notes to core for review. rest assured, every issue is reviewed/looked at/gone over/whatever you want to call it but core is interested in feedback and using it inamking a better product. we, the beta tester, frequently chat about these things and it helps us all learn from each other's experiences.

easy man, no one is putting down the system, it seems to me the point of the support forum is to put ideas out there that could be possible problems, sorry if It came off as an insult to the product. I want to see this system work more than anyone. I dont want bulky transponders taped to the ouotside of my autoscales. I am simply trying to put ideas out there that may or may not spark something the creator has not thought of yet (I am in fact an intelligent adult and not a kid throwing stones at those trying to help me at the track), and to kill my own questions by hearing responses from core. forgive me, i just have a way of finding the "oddball" factor in complex problems that more experienced people than myself (in their field) rule out as trivial. I am the guy that makes you smack yourself for not seeing the issue sooner. it could be something completely stupid, like "the software doesnt know it has a larger antenna than other versions" But rest assured, i will not post in this forum again.

and for the record, i dont see one negative reply toward the system in the whole thread, they are all suggestive and productive, and furthermore, i think anyone (even the most picky customers) will appreciate the time and attention (as well as knowledge and service) that core himself is putting into the issues CP is having. He is on the phone with eric for 1/2 of each race. I for one.... issues included, think he, and the product are great. and i have never even spoken to him.

Last edited by PoorZDriver; 2005.01.28 at 10:55 AM.
Old 2005.01.28, 10:58 AM   #45
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

I think we are all excited to have a relative afforfdable lap system that is good for home use. Man, the AMB system is probably the best but costs thousands of dollars and is not really designed for the take up and down of home use.

The core is a great revolutionary idea that many of us are drooling over and we jsut want to see that we help in any way so we can get the best system we can.