Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.01.16, 01:19 PM   #1
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
How much fun is the Lit?

Hello. I'd like to know just how much fun the Lit is. Is it worth getting? I've been told it's not competetive agains other Mini-Z's, but is it fast enough to have it's own class of racing? Is it Mini-Z fast, or Epoch slow?
I plan on getting the new red original Mini Cooper to go along with my MR15 as stated in other threads.
I'd like to see photo's of other people's Lit's including any mod's they've done, custom body paint jobs, or whatever.
I'm seriously hoping that GPM and others will make custom alloy wheels for the Lit cause if you ask me, the stock wheels are ugly. There are alot of nice custom wheels for the real original Mini Cooper and some replica's of those would be nice.
Also, just how big is the Lit exactly? Anybody have a comparison shot between the Lit and regular Mini-Z?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.16, 09:28 PM   #2
reycer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Hello. I'd like to know just how much fun the Lit is. Is it worth getting? I've been told it's not competetive agains other Mini-Z's, but is it fast enough to have it's own class of racing? Is it Mini-Z fast, or Epoch slow?
I plan on getting the new red original Mini Cooper to go along with my MR15 as stated in other threads.
I'd like to see photo's of other people's Lit's including any mod's they've done, custom body paint jobs, or whatever.
I'm seriously hoping that GPM and others will make custom alloy wheels for the Lit cause if you ask me, the stock wheels are ugly. There are alot of nice custom wheels for the real original Mini Cooper and some replica's of those would be nice.
Also, just how big is the Lit exactly? Anybody have a comparison shot between the Lit and regular Mini-Z?
Hello Marc,
Ok I have a lit.. It is about 3 days old. I can probably answer some of your questions. The lit I have is the one you are looking at purchasing, the Red Mini Cooper Morris. The dimensions with the body - width just shy of 2" x 4.25" Are they as fast as a stock AWD mini z?... I would say in the neighborhood maybe a touch slower (this is a guesstimate could be just as). They are made in China. The batteries are 4.8v 150mah ni-mh... The battery form factor looks pretty proprietary... The odd thing is the base of the plastic case the car is packaged in, is used to charge the battery. (don't like that) 15 minutes or so to charge. Run time is more than you would get with a micro t... I did not time it though... Here is the biggest disconnect with the mini z's... It runs FM 27mhz crystals. That really isn't bad I like FM much better just a hassel with radios. I am not a fan of RTR radios and the one that came with it is no exception. Driving the car with the RTR radio is really sensative. You can't take out dual rate etc... I use a helios radio for all my mini z's and would need a 27mhz module to use my radio... That blows... For the money? If you are comparing to what you get with a mini z. I would vote for a traditional mini z. As an enthsiasts... I am happy and glad I have one... there will be hopups etc you can mess with.. and would be great fun with other lits or maybe some mini z's if you are a good driver. I just have to work out this radio issue.
reycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.16, 10:45 PM   #3
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
TAGU has made wheels for these LIT cars. Check out the TAGU parts thread
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.17, 01:28 AM   #4
avant
Le Zèdeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by reycer
Here is the biggest disconnect with the mini z's... It runs FM 27mhz crystals. That really isn't bad I like FM much better just a hassel with radios. I am not a fan of RTR radios and the one that came with it is no exception. Driving the car with the RTR radio is really sensative. You can't take out dual rate etc... I use a helios radio for all my mini z's and would need a 27mhz module to use my radio
Just to remind you - you'll need the AD-Band module and not the 27 MHz FM module for the helios...

In regards to speed - with the smaller 6t pinion and the XSpeed motor my Lit makes ~20 km/h on the speed checker, so it's on the level of a competitive Mini-Z - do you need more ? No prob - just take some turns from the motor ...

If it makes fun ? Yes, of course, but you'll need better rear tires - like silicon ones or foam tires ...

Cheers,

Jo
avant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.17, 01:32 AM   #5
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
does anyone make aftermarket tires for the Lit?
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.17, 09:13 AM   #6
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Thanks guy's. It seems for a racer's point of view, the Lit is not worth it. But from a collectors point of view, it is worth it. Also probably worth it if you don't have space in your house to race a normal sized Mini-Z. That's what I love about my Micro-T. It's perfect for my house.
I have noticed that at At@mic M@d's website, they already have a few optional parts for the Lit. Example, they have a blue chassis kit, carbon rear H-bar, front springs, X-speed motor, and ball bearings. If I get a Lit I of coarse plan on getting those parts.
Old 2007.01.17, 09:14 AM   #7
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja
TAGU has made wheels for these LIT cars. Check out the TAGU parts thread
Really? I'll have to check theme out. I can't stand the stock wheels on the Lit. I bet the Tagu's are sweet. Can we get some in the shop? Where can I find the Tagu parts thread?

Last edited by marc; 2007.01.17 at 09:17 AM.
Old 2007.01.17, 09:43 AM   #8
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
marc,
all you have to do is veiw the threads for this section.... if it's not in the most recent, change the view date to begining since there are nto many threads to begin with. you scare me sometimes with questions like that
short cut....
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23418

if you want them from the shop here, submit a support ticket as usual. there is no need to post a request since the support ticket system is ment to replace that.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.17, 01:13 PM   #9
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Well thanks arch. I have searched and I could not find the thread for the Tagu Lit wheels. Thanks for the link though.
Just looked at thread, WOW! Sweet rims, thanks a mill Tagu!
Old 2007.01.18, 01:23 PM   #10
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

The more I think about it, the more I don't think those particular wheels will look good on the Mini Cooper. The Mini Cooper needs some classic old school rims like the Mini Lit's also known as Panasport rims, or BBS meshed pattern wheels. However, I bet those styles will be hard to machine out of aluminum.
Question to Reycer. Does the Mini Cooper have the long, or short rear suspension arm? Reason I'm asking is At@mic M@ds has carbon fiber replacement's for those and they offer both the short and long peices. I need to know which one the Cooper has. Can you post pictures of the Cooper next to a regular Mini-Z?
Old 2007.01.18, 01:34 PM   #11
arch2b

if this is for fun as the topic suggests, don't spend money on tuning parts as it will not be good for racing no matter mow much money you dump into it. the cg is just too high and it goes too fast for it's size.

enjoy if for what it is, a fun inhouse toy. i highly doubt you will ever find a class to race these do to the cost alone. if these were the same cost as an epoch, then it would be a different story but that is not what your discussing

you stand a much better chance racing the crt and wws, both of which have more race oriented chassis designs.
Old 2007.01.18, 01:37 PM   #12
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

True, but not to many CRT's an WWS's where I am. The Lit will more likely become popular here I'm guessing. I'm hoping my LHS will offer theme, cause I know how popular the Micro-T was. They sold their entire stock durring Xmas and we can still get all the optional and spare parts.
Perhaps the only upgrade needed on the Lit will be a set of ball bearings.
Old 2007.01.18, 02:28 PM   #13
arch2b

unfortunately, i think that is vast over optimistic thinking and highly unlikely for numerous reasons the least of which being the micro-t is afforable and obviouos great fun where as the lit is over twice that cost and not even race worthy really due to cg, wheelbase, trackwidth.

you will be hard pressed to find any lhs with any real qnty of lit's in stock, if any. kyosho simply put priced themselves out of any real market.

i understand your ambition, however misplaced it is. your comparing apples to oranges though....
Old 2007.01.18, 05:08 PM   #14
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Yea, that's me. I still want one
The only two Mini-Z series I have not had are the Overland, and the F1. I have owned all other's though from the MR01, Monster Truck, MR02, and AWD. The Lit will be my next purchase.
I decided that this will be year for collecting ready-sets and/or bodies and possibly wheels. I will try and avoid hop-ups this year as they take most of my money. I think because of my interest in the Lit, I will hold off on getting parts for my MR15. I need to race it stock first, then get ball bearings, then we'll see. No matter what car you get, ball bearings should always be the first upgrade. I know they made a big difference with the Micro-T. And your right, the Micro-T is a lot of fun simply because it's kind of off-road and can jump pretty good. It's a lot more useable in the house than my other Z's.
This year, starting with the MR15 Cooper I just got, it will be all ready-set's and/or bodies for me! I think the Lit will be my second purchase very soon with a set of ball bearings! Happy Z's!
Old 2007.01.18, 09:29 PM   #15
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Ok, I bit the bullet and purchased a Lit on ebay. Now I just need my stupid PayPal account to be re-activated so I can pay for it. I think the only upgrades I'll do it will be ball bearings.
One question, how come no mirrors on the original Mini Cooper? I know I've seen original Morris Mini Cooper's with theme. Too tiny for reproduction maybe? Anyway, I'm anxiously waiting for mine to arrive. Should be great fun in the house. I also discovered from the same seller that the Mini Cooper body set is available. I might get one of those as well for display purposes. It should be recommended that if you get a ready set, get a spare body of the same car. One for race, and one for display.