Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.05.08, 03:57 PM   #1
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Speed Racer bodies for 1/43 Dnano

Hello there Speed Racer fan's! I was at WallMart today and visited the car section in the toy's department, and I came across several Speed Racer toy's. I found some small 1/43ish toy's that look like they will fit the Dnano perfectly with some modification's.
These toy's are plastic pull-back and release car's from HotWheels.

Here is the Mach 5 next to the Epoch which is a tad bigger than the Dnano.

I beleive the Mach 5 may fit the Dnano's shortest HM setting, but won't know till I actually have a Dnano on hand.
The Racer X body's wheelbase matches perfectly,

Here's comparing the wheelbase's.

Underbelly of the toy car's. The front and rear bumpers are part of the chassis and will need to be cut-off and reglued.

Last edited by marc; 2008.05.08 at 04:01 PM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.08, 03:57 PM   #2
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Fortunetly, they made these car's with screws attaching the body so it's really easy to take off, unlike some toy's where you fear you'll destroy it trying to pry the body off.

Here is the Mach 5 with it's body off and body parts seperated. The front bumper comes off easily from the chassis and will need to be glued back on for the Dnano chassis. The tail fin's just pop off as they are held in place by the rear screws.

Front bumper
Old 2008.05.08, 03:58 PM   #3
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Rear bumper

Obviously, some of the insides will have to be dremeld out to fit.

More on this project when I get my Dnano's.

For those that are curious about the weight's, the Racer X body is 15 grams, and the Mach 5 is 10 grams so far. I'm sure they will weigh a little less when the insides are dremmeled out.

Last edited by marc; 2008.05.08 at 04:06 PM.
Old 2008.05.08, 04:21 PM   #4
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Shouldn't this thread have been posted in the Mini RC forum? I wouldn't really consider these custom bodies, just something you might want to buy for your dNaNo.
Old 2008.05.08, 04:40 PM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

It's a custom body because it's not a stock body that normally comes with the Dnano's. It's in this thread because it IS a custom body.
Old 2008.05.08, 04:49 PM   #6
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

ok, so lets consider it a custom body, it is not a body for a Mini-Z!

It's a body for a dNaNo which is a Mini RC and should be in that forum until a dNaNo forum is started.
Old 2008.05.08, 06:30 PM   #7
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Alrighty then, how do I send this entire thread over to the correct location? I dont' think I have the editing capabilities to do so. Any moderator's are welcome to move this thread to the Mini-RC section..........................
Old 2008.05.08, 06:41 PM   #8
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

You should be able to delete your original post here with the edit function, there should be a delete button at the bottom in the edit window.

Just repost everything to a new thread over in the Mini RC forum and continue on.

Last edited by Hammer; 2008.05.08 at 06:43 PM.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.09, 08:36 AM   #9
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
I didn't think you were much into Speed racer marc. It is a good find and I will need to keep my eye open for these. In the meantime I have my Mini Mach 5, even with the light blue bottom and Mahha GoGoGo logo on the baseplate.

I think Racer X'es car is called The Shooting Star.
Old 2008.05.09, 10:28 AM   #10
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Oh, I grew up watching the cartoon's way back when. I'm a bit disapointed in the movie though from the preview's I've seen, it look's pretty dumb. The car's were awesome, especially the Mach 5. I had the Mach 5 Skynet body last year and I'd like to get another one. Your probably right about the Racer X, but that's all I had from the Hot Wheel's packages. The "Shooting Star" would be a sweet Mini-Z body and I'm going to look into that next time I'm at WallMart or something. They did have several toy's that look like they would fit the Mini-Z chassis.
Old 2008.05.09, 04:53 PM   #11
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
O/T
One group that seems up in arms is PETA over the fact that live chimps was used in the production. My mind is still scrambled from going a few rounds with a few members with a very, well one sided viewpoint. Don't get me wrong it is a good cause they represent, it is just the tactics are a little (well maybe more than a little?) over the line. It's all over chimps being abused, but no clear cut evidence to support the claim. The only facts are one young actor (Paulie Litt?) being bit, and Christina Ricci on a talk show mentioned something about being grabbed. If you go to see the movie and see a bunch of signs being waved, you now know to steer clear.

Anything else as far as the film is a minor subject to me.

Only problem for me is buying two of each so I can mod one and shelf the other one.
Old 2008.05.09, 05:09 PM   #12
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Hmmmm, Hammer, your steering this off topic, but oh well. I'm actually glad they put the chimp in the movie, after all, it "he/she" was in the cartoon, and I don't think it would've been Speed Racer with out that chimp. Do I need to find a tiny plastic toy chimp to put in the car?