Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.05.20, 03:07 PM   #1
Electrofied

Overland Tire/Wheel faq

The idea of a sticky faq for aftermarket tires and rims is a great idea. But this site's info thread for the tires and rims is horrible.

One is forced to sift and hunt through countless useless threads.

It would be much appreciated and actually useful to consolidate all of the info on one post and lock it so no one can muck it up with replies.

Information that would be necessary to actually helps out those of us that need the info would be as follows per line item;

Tire/wheel Company URL Link Image

Thank you,
E
Old 2004.05.20, 03:29 PM   #2
RCMotorsport

Tires

I belive the same thing and that most tires in that thread are not true monster tires, I make tires for the overland there bigger than stock but by no means a monster tire, monster tires means only one thing to me and that's a big foot monster truck tire, swampers and military tires are not monster tires to me.
locking the post to me not a good Idea I like to see and hear what folks come up with I would think a break down of tires would be nice small like goodyear tracker, medium like military, and LG like swampers and ground hawg and then true monster tires which with the new mad force is not really done much to overlands and is now old news.

RCMotorsport
you only live once make it count and leave a mark
RCMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.20, 04:27 PM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrofied
The idea of a sticky faq for aftermarket tires and rims is a
great idea. But this site's info thread for the tires and rims is horrible.

One is forced to sift and hunt through countless useless threads.

It would be much appreciated and actually useful to consolidate all of the info on one post and lock it so no one can muck it up with replies.

Information that would be necessary to actually helps out those of us that need the info would be as follows per line item;

Tire/wheel Company URL Link Image

Thank you,
E
electrofied-
sounds good to me. let me know when you have every wheel/tire listed, described etc and arranged into an useful, easy to understand format and i'll close it and make it sticky i would have done it a long time ago but the sheer number of options alone and the time it would take to put it together prevented me from doing so. i applaud anyone willing to take this huge task on as i have too much to do already

rcm- closing the thread prevents what has happened to every attempt to create something similar, it wanders off topic and gets into unrelevant questions etc. there could be a similar thread for reviews of the tires lited but a simple and easy to find listing of the MANY options would be great. no doubt many if not most would be your creations

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.05.20 at 06:32 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.20, 06:12 PM   #4
TeaQue

Well I'll add a little to keep this thread going.

I got a set of tires that are a little bigger than stock from a 4-wheeler die-cast model kit at Wal-Mart.

Handling: Not really sticky enough for crawling but they do add clearance.

I also got a set of tires off of a Tamiya Wild Wily Jr. set at Hobby Lobby. The tires are BFG Mud-Terrains that are hollow and need to be fit over a different set of tires (this is what I ended up using the 4-wheeler tires for.

Handling: Great! They are soft and have a nice wide tread pattern.

The third set of tires came off the Extreme Rock Machine I took my shocks off of. These tires are VERY soft and sticky but very hard to mount onto OL wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tire Comparo.jpg (84.9 KB, 59 views)

---==6-Cell Mod Tutorial==---
TeaQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.20, 06:31 PM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Ii guess we can use this thread to collect if you will some tire/wheel information from others but this will all have to be condensed into one thread at some point.

be sure to include detailed information regarding where and what the wheels/tires come from so everyone isn't wandering around walmart/toysrus
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.20, 08:45 PM   #6
2zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaQue
I got a set of tires that are a little bigger than stock from a 4-wheeler die-cast model kit at Wal-Mart.

Handling: Not really sticky enough for crawling but they do add clearance.
I have the same tires as you do on my X5 right now. They are from a Polaris "Got Mud" 1/18 Die-cast ATV. I too bought them from Wal-Mart for $7 in the toy section(model kits, r/cs, hot wheels, etc.). You can only use the front tires because the rear ones are too wide and look kinda funny IMO. So if you plan on using these tires buy 2 ATVs so you can have a complete set of narrow tires. The tires fit on stock OL wheels but will require a lift to prevent the tire from rubbing the body too much. You'll also need to shave some plastic from the inside of the body. They're kinda on the semi-hard side and are pretty slick on wood. I haven't tried them outside yet though.

*edit* I should also add that getting the tires on the OL wheels is a little hard. To make it easier I heated up the tire with a hair dryer on high for about a minute to soften it. Then I pushed it over the wheel and just repeat it for the other tires.

Last edited by 2zer0; 2004.05.20 at 08:49 PM.
2zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.20, 09:13 PM   #7
DeadHazard

Smile tires

where do u get the wild willy thing from??
DeadHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.20, 11:00 PM   #8
TeaQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadHazard
where do u get the wild willy thing from??

You can find them at Hobby Lobby. It was like $10.

http://www.appealingauto.com/wild-wi...illys-m38.html

---==6-Cell Mod Tutorial==---
TeaQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.05.21, 08:41 PM   #9
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
For all of you race truck fans, there's a new set of tires coming out real soon, knobbie tread rears and dual rib fronts....about swamper size and width...will post some more soon

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote