Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > HIRCR

Old 2012.02.14, 04:50 PM   #1
Biff
Gary

Bringing Mini Z and micro scale racing back to Houston.

A local slot car track owner has offered to let us use his space located at West Oaks Mall for $5 per guy. Here's his site.

http://slotcarsofkaty.com/

I have some RCP track and have the Losi Wide L looking track coming for the offroaders/whatever. I still have a Mini Z and a Micro T on the way. My idea is to sort of do what Trey was doing with HIRCR except we may never get that big, or have the room to run 1/18th scale WFO.

I'm not saying small, we have about 750 square feet to work with, it's just I don't want to invest too much more money into this until I see how many people show up. Plus the track will have to be set up and tore down, and stored somewhere. We may be able to leave the track set up for 2 days.

This will be just bashing, TnT and hanging out at first. No timing system yet, just a good, clean place to run.

More info to follow.
Old 2012.02.16, 05:18 PM   #2
Biff
Gary

This is getting better, at least for me setting this up. I can store the track at the shop.

More news to follow.
Old 2012.02.17, 04:00 AM   #3
Biff
Gary

http://excoboard.com/TexasSlotCars/78019/1849686
Old 2012.02.17, 02:13 PM   #4
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Looks like fun. It would be nice if we could work something out with the local slot car store in the mall.

Im pretty sure I made my first big miniz mr-02 purchase from you that first got me into mini z's. I think it was an enzo with a JR AM radio. Memories of the good ol' days
Old 2012.02.17, 04:11 PM   #5
Biff
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyboy View Post
Looks like fun. It would be nice if we could work something out with the local slot car store in the mall.

Im pretty sure I made my first big miniz mr-02 purchase from you that first got me into mini z's. I think it was an enzo with a JR AM radio. Memories of the good ol' days
Yes, it was me! How ya been?

The guy that owns the slot car track has been in business since 1974, has 4 national championships, and 3 world championships. When I walked in the door and introduced myself, he knew who I was from a local RC forum. First thing he said was, "I wish you RC guys could put a track in here"!

I'm like, what will it cost us? Would $5 a head be ok? He's like, no problem!

On the way home I was freeking out. Running Mini and Micro scale cars, at a slot car track, in a mall?

Yea, I think we can do that!