Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Special Topics

Old 2010.01.15, 10:01 AM   #76
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

if you and the racer in front of you are battling for position and the racer in front of you blows the line and you hold yours should the racer in front respectfully let you pass or does he have the right to come back in and try and close the door on you and cause an accident?... Especially when the racer in front blowing the line creates your oppurnuity to cleanly pass after following him for some time waiting for an oppurtunity?...

this question is in regards to running in the main only... during qualifying the faster guy should always be allowed to pass as we are racing against the clock and not each other... but in the main position counts...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
JuniorWKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 10:19 AM   #77
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ I say he is allowed to close the door, and defend as much as he can without causing an accident. Who ever initializes the accident is the one at fault, no matter the running position, IMO.

If I am in that position as the leader, I would concede the position. If I was the overtaker, I would be upset if I got slammed into the wall making a clean pass.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 10:27 AM   #78
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

i am 100 percent ok with straight up defensive driving... if you can beat me because you make it so i cant pass you then kudos to you... but if you blow the line cause you cant handle the pressure then i feel in return i have done my job better applying the pressure then you have done holding you line and blocking so therefor i should have the rightaway to pass cleanly without having to worry about you coming back in and putting me to the wall... and perhaps taking us both outta the race.. but thats just my opinion... i guess thats why there are brakes on the car too...

LIVE Mini-Z Racing Every Fri and Sat Nite 7pm - Dnano Racing Every Mon Nite 530pm - 1/16th - 1/18th Off Road Racing (times and days to be announced)
Old 2010.01.15, 10:45 AM   #79
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ I guess Im agreeing with you, just we arent using the same words. By reading your last post though, Im 100% sure we are on the same page.

I try and preach to our guys that avoiding accidents at all costs benefits every one! This means while overtaking, while being overtaken, or while battling for position, it is everyones reposnsibility to avoid contact.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.01.15, 10:52 AM   #80
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i say if your comeing up on someone slowwer you should just "slow down" and drive as slow as them
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 10:56 AM   #81
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

^

by that do mean that noone should pass anyone?... or are you saying to slow down and wait for your oppurtunity... my comment was based on when two cars are battleing for position which will make the difference of placing either 1st or 2nd...

Old 2010.01.15, 11:07 AM   #82
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

its not racing if your always passing the slow guy.

and im just being funny. i agree with you guys.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.15, 11:12 AM   #83
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Junior, Sorry for Chads inconspicuos sarcasm (which isnt translated in text). I think his comments were derived from some of the conversation they had racing wednesday night, lol. He is pretty much on the same page as I am. Its not racing if there isnt overtaking. Its not racing if you just plow through to the front with a fastest car either.

You have to drive to the front, and its best to go at it with the menatlity that you would if you were running a full scale car. Atleast IMO.

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2010.01.15, 11:20 AM   #84
JuniorWKR
White Knuckle Racing

got it... where i race this is the toughest call for us... in the amain for a very long time we run like a train... if one person taps a wall or gets a little squirly it effects everyone running in that pack... when we crash it pretty much half the guys in the main.... it a very tough call... but like i saidf before ... in the main its the persons job n front to stay out front by all means neccessary... but its the person following that needs to apply as much pressure as possible to make the guy ot front either fold an move over or cause him to lose his line due to the amount a of pressure the second guy is applying... and if the second guy is wins the battle and causes the front guys to lose his line then he should tuck his tail and stay out there and let the second guy pass cleanly...

Old 2010.07.28, 07:22 PM   #85
kromie101

landon never gets out of my way. IMO,if you go off line and i can get my nose inside of you,it's all mine. then if you try and correct your self and hit me and take us into the wall,it's their fault. landon knows me and sometimes collin will always be kind to others.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.28, 08:53 PM   #86
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The responsibility for the pass belongs to the one doing the passing.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.29, 11:04 AM   #87
Mike Keely

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorWKR View Post
i am 100 percent ok with straight up defensive driving... if you can beat me because you make it so i cant pass you then kudos to you... but if you blow the line cause you cant handle the pressure then i feel in return i have done my job better applying the pressure then you have done holding you line and blocking so therefor i should have the rightaway to pass cleanly without having to worry about you coming back in and putting me to the wall... and perhaps taking us both outta the race.. but thats just my opinion... i guess thats why there are brakes on the car too...
+1, If you are racing closely with someone else and I come up on you to put you another lap down then you should be able to keep racing with whoever you are on the same lap with without worrying about me. If I am still in a heated close race with another racer you should let me by. My 2 cents
Mike Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.07.30, 10:11 AM   #88
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
I think both drivers need to show the other respect. I may be two laps down to you but I may also be in a very heated race for position with some one else on the track, neither of us can afford to slow down so we need to race in a manner that gives respect to both our situations. If you are two laps up on me some where on the track you are faster wait for that spot and time you don't have to pass me as soon as you catch me Talk to me and I will try to not hold you up but I don't want you to cause me to lose positions on the track I have moved over for the leader and had some one that was racing me take avantage of my reduced speed or the fact I gave the line up effecting my race position. Not all of us can finnish first but some nights gaining one spot in the pack can make it a good night. All of us are racing not just the leader laped cars are something a good/fast racer learns to deal with if he does it with respect then he will
get a desired benifit if he plows over others he will find that also produces a result. Know with out the other cars on the track it is not a race every race leader needs the rest of the field even us slow guys my finnish is every bit as important as the leaders at least to me!!