Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.08.08, 09:36 AM   #1
briankstan

Salt Lake Mini-Z Endurance Races 2014

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted in out section here are MZR. I posted this on our club forum but though I'd post here as well to give everyone an update on our local club racing.

We ran our endurance races last night and we all had a great time. we weren’t sure we were going to be able to setup and run outside as right before people started showing up it rained pretty good. I was hesitant about setting the track up outside because the possibility of rain was still really high. Thanks to some convincing by Chad we finally just went with it. It was a good decision because with the earlier shower the temps were cooler (low 80’s) and very comfortable to race in. it was overcast so the sun wasn’t beating on us either.

The racing was really great. We modified out format for the race this year. We still do the 1 hour Racer race (70turn) class. In the past years we also did a 1 hour F1 class. We wanted to run our Pan Cars on the larger track so we switched it up this year and did a 30 minute F1 class and followed that up with a 20 minute Open Pan Car Class with a mandatory pit stop for a battery change.

We had a new racer come out for his first time racing mini-z’s (he had run other scale R/C). He had purchased a AMZ chassis but didn’t have it together and it wouldn’t have fit in the class anyway (brushless, lipo) He used one of my loaner cars and raced it. He did a very respectable job on his first race. Especially well since it was the 1 hour raced and had to do pit stops with an unfamiliar chassis but did great.

Everyone helping with the setup and tear down of the track, it's amazing how fast that happens with more people. I’ll get the results posted as well. For now here are a few of the pictures.

you can see them all in the gallery here. Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum - Endro 2014

See Results Below.

Racer Results
Formula 1 Results
Pan Results

Last edited by briankstan; 2014.08.12 at 12:59 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.12, 12:59 PM   #2
briankstan

added results to post above.
Old 2014.08.12, 06:13 PM   #3
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

All looks good! You did very well too......

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.12, 09:27 PM   #4
imxlr8ed

Another reason why Utah is on my short list of states to move to. Good turnout for a driveway race and the weather looked cooperative.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.12, 11:24 PM   #5
herman

Cool! Thanks for sharing... That's one big track.. How many tiles did you use for that layout?
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.12, 11:51 PM   #6
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
Cool! Thanks for sharing... That's one big track.. How many tiles did you use for that layout?
it's about 4 wide L's plus some extras. we didn't use all of my track. the RV was in the way.
Old 2014.08.12, 11:53 PM   #7
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed View Post
Another reason why Utah is on my short list of states to move to. Good turnout for a driveway race and the weather looked cooperative.
we were lucky with the weather. we got rained out for the HFAY Big track when we had is scheduled. you win some you lose some. it did turn out to be a really great night however.

Running the pan cars and the F1's with the track being lit with just some halogen lights made for some interesting driving with the different shadows with the lights on either end of the track.
Old 2014.08.13, 02:57 AM   #8
herman

thanks for the info... just saw the pics... looks like you are using a core lapcounter? is the loop under the track? wondering how is it? and also what lapcounting software you are using... thanks again in advance for any info...
Old 2014.08.13, 09:56 AM   #9
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
thanks for the info... just saw the pics... looks like you are using a core lapcounter? is the loop under the track? wondering how is it? and also what lapcounting software you are using... thanks again in advance for any info...
yes we are still using the core lap timing system, the original ones I bought 7-8 years ago. We use it along with Flipside Racing timing software. I cut a groove into the bottom of the starting line and then taped the loop into the groove. I works very well without creating a bump. I've had pretty good reliability with this system.
Old 2014.08.13, 04:53 PM   #10
byebye

Looks like a great time. Not too many turns. 11sec laps are fun. I did the same with my core system.

Looks like Russ had an early lead but around lap 25 you pulled ahead and a battle went back and forth.

Endurance races are my favorite because you have more time to make up for mistakes yet more time for catastrophic failure.

Good stuf!
Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.08.14, 04:11 AM   #11
herman

thanks for the info brianksan... have you had any experience with z round?
would appreciate it if you could send me an email... got some things i want to ask...
thanks in advance...
h m c _ j r (a t) y a h o o (d o t) c o m
Old 2014.08.14, 06:33 PM   #12
RussF
Salt Lake Mini-Z

All of us Mini-Z racers in Salt Lake really appreciate Brian and his family for hosting the racing for us. Without them we wouldn't have a place to race. Big thanks to Shuman Brians wife for being so cool about the racing week after week. The enduro was really fun as always.
Old 2014.08.15, 12:24 PM   #13
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
All of us Mini-Z racers in Salt Lake really appreciate Brian and his family for hosting the racing for us. Without them we wouldn't have a place to race. Big thanks to Shuman Brians wife for being so cool about the racing week after week. The enduro was really fun as always.
thanks Russ, I'll second that fact that she is Awesome.