Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2014.11.07, 08:03 AM   #1
ChiMiniRc

Four and Half years

It has been four and half years but the time is coming to an end. The track and a lot of club cars and parts are being sold off with the last 2 races being in December.

Over the years, 75+ different Mini-z car owners made their way through the club at one point or another. Some dedicated for years before we lost them. Our current group is quite fun but the time has come where the kids go "Daddy, do you have to go to the races today?"

Running the club is a time commitment and I can no longer make the time commitment. Thankfully MANY area Mini-z racers have purchased their own track and if you ask around, you can likely find someone local itching for a race. Reach out to me if you need help finding them. Should you find this message as a new member, be sure to reach out to these two hobby shops to check on racing.

Hobbytown USA in Orland Park, IL - Pretty large track now with ilap timing equipment available at all times (not just race days).

Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies - Just bought a little over 2 wide-l of track and ilap timing equipment. Races starting up for this winter season. They also have a strong group of 1/10 drifters

Thank you all for the support.
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.07, 09:31 AM   #2
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

As one of those that passed through your doors to race I have nothing but good things to say about what you were able to accomplish. It's sad that you are folding up shop but you are leaving behind a group that was able to learn through a well structured and disciplined setting. You have been a good steward and leader. You will be missed.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.07, 09:38 AM   #3
ChiMiniRc

It was a pleasure to have you pass through! Wow, that was like 3 years ago it think. It was like a mini-z learning session by way of fire hose
Old 2014.11.07, 09:44 AM   #4
herman

Sad to hear you go... Family first though... Sure hope that you can still linger around these forums... I have, since 2001... Lol
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.11.07, 10:40 AM   #5
ChiMiniRc

For sure if not to answer...

1. So I'm thinking of starting of a club and wanted to ask...
2. Can I used my 2.4ghz <insert brand radio> with a <insert mini-z model>

I'll be around. it'll take 2 years to sell all this stuff anyway
Club cars alone I think there has to be at least 30+.
Old 2014.11.07, 12:22 PM   #6
briankstan

Greg, sorry to hear about this but I know where you are coming from as my kids get older I'm racing less and less. they are worth it in my mind and I get in racing when other things aren't scheduled.

yes, running a club and hosting races can take some time. we try to keep it simplistic and just structure it as loose as they guys that come race want it. it' keeps it light and everyone happy with getting track time and hanging with their RC buddies.

hope you'll hand around here and there and as time frees up you gain you passion for it again although maybe to a smaller scale.
Old 2014.11.07, 12:24 PM   #7
ChiMiniRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
Greg, sorry to hear about this but I know where you are coming from as my kids get older I'm racing less and less. they are worth it in my mind and I get in racing when other things aren't scheduled.

yes, running a club and hosting races can take some time. we try to keep it simplistic and just structure it as loose as they guys that come race want it. it' keeps it light and everyone happy with getting track time and hanging with their RC buddies.

hope you'll hand around here and there and as time frees up you gain you passion for it again although maybe to a smaller scale.
Well, it is quite possible in 5 years the kids may want to take up the hobby. Though I suspect if they are interested, they will be interested MORE in xbox and whatnot.