Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.01.27, 07:06 PM   #16
TNB
Pet Human

Any more updates on the blank tiles and cross overs (?) to combine the narrow ovals and the L-Tracks? Is it still late Feburary or early March?

Any possible diagrams using all three type tracks (or four if you include the offroad portion for use with the Overland)?

Also, how long does a tile usually last before it should be replaced--let's say at the end of the long straight into the turn on the Dansey set up.
TNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.27, 08:32 PM   #17
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

The blank tiles, for both the off road surface and on road surface are still due in early March. We will have a limited supply of off road outside and inside corner tiles available at this time, as well.

TNB, email me and I will send you a drawing that will show you a way the narrow oval can be joined with the wide oval and wide L tracks. I am putting some pictures on our website, but I wasn't able to download them on this thread.

There are only 3 different tiles that make up the Wide Oval and the Wide L kits. They are an inside corner, outside corner and a side straight rail ( or side bump rail). The Wide Oval and Wide L both contain a specific quantity of these three different sections, so basically you can make any of the layouts shown on our website and many more using both kits.

The current off road tile that is available is acutally the same tile as the straight side rail tile that is contained in the on road kits. So you can interconnect this tile into the on road track anywhere the straight side rail is used. You can also make the whole track with off road tiles if that is your preference. This is better understood by looking at the three starter track diagrams on our website. The diagram shows how many of each type tile is contained in each kit. The narrow oval uses the same outside corner rail and straight side rail tile as the Wide lane kits, but uses a center rail tile to divide the oval, which gives you a 25 inch lane width instead of a 34 inch lane width on the larger kits.

We originally didn't plan on having the narrow oval expandable, since it was only designed for those who wanted to set up a very small track on something the size of a ping pong table. We are going to make a center turn tile that will allow for left and right turns to be made with the narrow oval kit. We will include this to the narrow oval kit at no added charge. We will offer the center turn tile to those who have already purchased a narrow oval kit, at no extra charge, if one is requested.

The smooth side of the track should never wear out. The textured side of the track may show some wear on area's most frequently traveled on, mostly at hobby stores and club tracks that get a lot of use. If this happens, there are a few options available to the user.

1) They can contiune to use the tile in the same spot since smooth EVA foam still tends to offer good grip with soft rubber tire compounds.

2) Replace the tile with another tile on the track that receives less abuse.

3) Call us for a replacement tile. We will work this on a case to case basis. If any charges are required to replace such tiles, they will be offered at a substantially discounted price.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.01.28 at 08:54 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.27, 09:11 PM   #18
terraz

With customer service like that, and an intrest in what the people in the sport want and then tring to meet that standard .
How can people argue that the price is to high, like I have seen in other threads. you want to know what you are getting with the purchase of an RCP track. Quality Cutomer service and real reasearch and develpment!!!! Thanks for making a great track

Terraz
terraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.27, 09:18 PM   #19
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

rcp

I 2nd that.Im glad i went with rcp track!
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.27, 09:20 PM   #20
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i have to agree! (even though i was one of the price complainers ) now that i won one, i am a believer

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.01.28 at 05:40 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.28, 12:13 AM   #21
krazy mini z
Mini-Z Novice

Their tracks are worth every penny. I love my RCP Tracks!
krazy mini z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.28, 02:22 PM   #22
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally posted by RCPMini-z
TNB, email me and I will send you a drawing that will show you a way the narrow oval can be joined with the wide oval and wide L tracks. I am putting some pictures on our website, but I wasn't able to download them on this thread.
I emailed you one of my email addresses.
Old 2004.01.28, 06:41 PM   #23
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

When the RCP-Tracks became available at this shop I, jumped on the chance to purchase a couple of the wide L tracks. Very cool and as krazy mini z said, worth every penny.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.01.28, 08:15 PM   #24
TNB
Pet Human

I'm about ready to head out to run on 4 L's, so I know what you mean. I'm simply thinking about getting a track for the office and a different setup appeals to me just for a change though I do enjoy the set up at the FART (far away race track). No, I didn't coin the term, but I do like hanging out with the ol' phart at the fart.
Old 2004.02.05, 02:13 AM   #25
TNB
Pet Human

Attached is a photo of tonight's Z participants. Only five racers with about 15 cars. 3 are only shells, but as far as that goes I have a C5R and BMW that are not in the photo. I also purchased a new Yellow Enzo body tonight. It looks so funny with mirrors.

Did you get my email address RCPMini-z?
Old 2004.02.05, 12:28 PM   #26
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by terraz
With customer service like that, and an intrest in what the people in the sport want and then tring to meet that standard .
How can people argue that the price is to high, like I have seen in other threads. you want to know what you are getting with the purchase of an RCP track. Quality Cutomer service and real reasearch and develpment!!!! Thanks for making a great track

Terraz
Well put!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.11, 07:44 PM   #27
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

The Narrow Oval basically takes 3 tiles to make two lanes and the Wide Oval takes 4 tiles to make two lanes. I have included a picture of one way you could combine the Narrow with the Wide lane kits.

You can add the center tiles that incorporate a rail down the center of the tile into the Wide lane layout to make two smaller lanes. You could use this extra lane as either an optional pathway for those that take the corner wide to maintain speed and for those that want to slow down to take the corner sharp. You could also use the outside lane as a pit lane to drive off the main course to pick up your car or stop without blocking others driving path. I suppose you could use the center rail as obstacles, to make your track more technical.

The Narrow Oval kits come with the same straight side rail and outside corner rails as the Wide lane kits, with the addition of a center rail down the center of 4 of the tiles. I have designed a 1/24 scale drag strip for Radio Shacks Xmods tournament, using the Narrow Oval system, which incorporateds two lanes with a center rail down the center.

I am debating whether to make center turn rails for the narrow Oval tracks or just make the Kyosho Mini-tile tracks which incorporate the same layout system as the Wide lane kits, but with a smaller tile size. It is much easier to expand the Wide lane system than it would be to expand the Narrow Oval kits with a center turn rail. The Mini-Tile tracks allow you to build a more technical track in a limited space, since the lane width is about 20". Most of the people who are ordering the Narrow Oval kits need something that will fit in a very small space, the size of a ping pong table or for display at a hobby store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-397f.jpg (126.4 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.02.11 at 08:28 PM.
Old 2004.02.11, 08:09 PM   #28
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Here is one example of how you could return the pit lane back to the main course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-402f.jpg (128.2 KB, 231 views)
Old 2004.02.11, 08:44 PM   #29
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
that is exactly what i want to do! thanks for the info an more importantly, the pictures! ok, now what peices whould i need to make a pit lane that has that kind of entrance and exit on both side (the 2nd picture) basically from a wide l track? from just lokoing at the image i woudl guess several of the tiels with pin holes for the center rail, 2 turns minimum... how and when can i get these peices for my track?

or would it be easier to have the pit entrance similar to the 2nd picture with the exit at a corner similar to the 1st picture?

actually see this post for a better pit lane idea, here

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.02.11 at 09:05 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.12, 01:48 AM   #30
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally posted by RCPMini-z
Here is one example of how you could return the pit lane back to the main course.
Nice pit lane.

Quote:
Originally posted by TNB
Did you get my email address RCPMini-z?