Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.02.13, 08:04 AM   #31
CJ1267
Mini-Z Novice

Quote:
Originally posted by RCPMini-z
The Narrow Oval kits come with the same straight side rail and outside corner rails as the Wide lane kits, with the addition of a center rail down the center of 4 of the tiles. I have designed a 1/24 scale drag strip for Radio Shacks Xmods tournament, using the Narrow Oval system, which incorporateds two lanes with a center rail down the center.
How many of the small tracks do you need to make a drag strip?

Any idea when their tournament stats up?
CJ1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.13, 01:04 PM   #32
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

I will post an RCP Drag strip in the gallery section called featured galleries, RCP Tracks. The drag strip incorporates 4 Narrow Oval kits, with a few additional center rail sections. The drag lane is 24' long with room at the end for car slow down. You could add an optional lane to have the cars return back to the start.

Tournament testing will start in March and the official tournament, I believe kicks off in April.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.02.13 at 07:19 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.13, 01:09 PM   #33
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
rcp- the images are up
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.13, 02:57 PM   #34
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Thanks, Arch for posting the pictures. Here is a picture on how you can add jumps and humps to your track, to race 1/24 and 1/18 scale trucks. This picture also shows how you can build a track that has two tracks in one, with one course transitioning off the main course. You can make the center lanes out of the off road tiles to incorporate an off road option to your on road layout.

This track is in Lincoln, Nebraska at the HobbytownUSA Corp. Store. It will be used for racing events at this store and the hope is to grow the series throughout many other stores. They will offer 1/24 and 1/18 scale on road and off road racing. Blank tiles and the RCP off road surface will be added shortly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcp-tracks hobbytownusa.jpg (111.1 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.02.13 at 03:11 PM.
Old 2004.02.13, 02:58 PM   #35
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Here is a better shot of the track and the transition to the center section. The truck in the back turn is a Min-T.

I am currently working on Kyosho's booth display for RCX 2004. I will post some drawing/pictures of the complete layout shortly. The complete display measures 32' x 20' and incorporates custom tracks for the Miini-Z's, Overlands and Mini-Monsters.

BTW, what do you think of the larger RCP Track layout in the RCP Tracks Gallery section? Post your comments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcp tracks nebraska.jpg (123.6 KB, 246 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.02.13 at 03:08 PM.
Old 2004.02.13, 10:57 PM   #36
arch2b

btw, rcp track is on mini-z time website
here

i think it's the smae image they used in the mini-z style magazine. odd that it doesn't have the japanese market "kyosho" side rails?!? was this a test track for them rcp?
Old 2004.02.13, 11:33 PM   #37
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Nice pictures, Arch. Now if we could just have Mini-Z events like this, here in the US. Believe me, I'm working on it.

Some of the original testing tracks that I sent to Kyosho last year did not have the Kyosho Label on the side rails, nor did they have the new PIN design.

All the tracks that are currently in production for Kyosho distribution, have a large Kyosho label printed on the top of 10 side rails per track kit and incorporate the new PIN design. We are also printing the finish line on both sides of the track tiles.

This is a picture of the first layout Kyosho will be offering. It has 96 tiles which can be configured into many different configurations other than the one shown. It will be offered in both 50 cm and 30 cm tiles.

The 30 cm mini-tiles have a shorter side rail, to give the overall track a more open feel, since the lane widths are narrow. You could fit the 30 cm track in almost half the space of the 50 cm track. You just loose a little lane width.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg option 3 track.jpg (60.3 KB, 326 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.02.13 at 11:46 PM.
Old 2004.02.17, 01:36 PM   #38
francis_Z

Thumbs up

Wow! That's awesome.

RCPMini-z:
Thanks for the detailed email reply you sent me about my inquiry. Are you finally planning on selling these narrower tiles in the US? I understand they are for the Jap market but it would be nice to have them available here in the US for those of us with lesser space, not enough for the wide tiles. The space I'm working with is just 18x9 so the wide tiles just won't work.

Thanks!
- Street Pajero Overland Autoscale w/ Kyosho MT on Topcad alloys -
- RCP Track (Mini-96) plus extra pieces -
francis_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.07, 08:16 AM   #39
Hart
Mini-Z Novice

Shipping cost to Germany?

Hello Mini-Zracer Team,
I have send 3 email's to you, but no answer!
I wan't to buy a Narrow Oval, how much is shipping to Germany?
Regards
Hart
Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.07, 10:29 AM   #40
RCP-Tracks, Inc

Due to the size of the boxes, it is much too expensive to ship to Germany from the US. I would recommend contacting your Kyosho distributor in Germany or contact Kyosho direct. Kyosho is distributing the tracks in 37 countries outside the US. Please see distributor contact information for Germany below.

Kyosho Deutschland
phone : +49-4191-932 678
E-mail : hotline@kyosho.de
http://www.kyosho.de/
Old 2004.03.10, 08:32 PM   #41
arch2b

kyosho now listing the rcp track

rcp- kyosho's mini-z time site now has the japan market rcp track set listed and pictured
here
Old 2004.03.10, 08:42 PM   #42
francis_Z

Please make it available in the U.S., pleeeeaaaasssseeee.
- Street Pajero Overland Autoscale w/ Kyosho MT on Topcad alloys -
- RCP Track (Mini-96) plus extra pieces -
francis_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.14, 04:33 AM   #43
matrix

Hi,

Can you tell me the size of this 96 tiles track in L ' x W ' ?
Is this 2 wide L or 1 wide L with Oval ?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by RCPMini-z

This is a picture of the first layout Kyosho will be offering. It has 96 tiles which can be configured into many different configurations other than the one shown. It will be offered in both 50 cm and 30 cm tiles.

The 30 cm mini-tiles have a shorter side rail, to give the overall track a more open feel, since the lane widths are narrow. You could fit the 30 cm track in almost half the space of the 50 cm track. You just loose a little lane width.
matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.14, 10:19 AM   #44
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Quote:
Originally posted by matrix
Can you tell me the size of this 96 tiles track in L ' x W ' ?
That RCP Mini-Tile Track, using 96 of the 30 cm tiles, measures just under 12’ x 8’, 11’- 11 1/2” x 7’- 11 1/2” to be exact.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.03.22, 07:07 AM   #45
techno
Hopeless Z addict

I have to recant what I have said about the wide oval being to big after a weeks worth of use I wouldn’t have it any other way than the wide lanes because I have 2 wide L tracks and I still can’t seem to get it as fast as I know theses things can go! Soon I hope to order 2 more wide L track sets ill set it up in my drive if I have to. To have a place to set them up I’m hooked on my mini-z even more now because of the track. It’s that good!
And thanks for making a great track
techno is offline   Reply With Quote