Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.09.13, 07:12 PM   #61
TNB
Pet Human

I think it would be extremely difficult trying to race 6 Cup conversion cars on the Mini-Tile at once considering they are almost the same size as an 1/18th scale. There would probably need to be an emergency lane like the latest F1 race in Italy. I did try my Xray M18 on the 4L this past weekend--for about one lap.
Old 2004.09.13, 07:58 PM   #62
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

In my previous post, I mentioned running (6) 1/43 scale and smaller. It would take good driving skills just to run one cup conversion on a standard Mini-96.

Once the large radius Nascar RCP turns come in, than tracks for (6) CP cup conversion cars will be much easier to create. Adding one tile to the width of wide lane tracks gives you about 54 inches of total lane width, which sets up very nice for 1/18 scale racing.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.09.13 at 08:11 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.13, 08:04 PM   #63
TNB
Pet Human

Well thank you RCP since I do it almost every weekend. Of course, now I'm cheating a little with a few blanks.
Old 2004.09.13, 08:11 PM   #64
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

We have a very large shipment of 1/18 scale tracks coming in 7 days. Half the shipment is already sold to many hobby stores across the US. I will post the shops later, so people can possibly find a location near, to run 1/18 scale trucks and on road cars on an official RCP track. With winter approaching, many stores are setting up the tracks for some fun indoor 1/18 scale and smaller races. Each RCP 1/18 scale track consists of a minimum of (200) 50 cm tiles and are all 3 tiles wide. The tracks will be set up in the stores using a multiple of small jumps for off road races and can be removed for transferring to on road class.

These tracks were kicked off with a large marketing campaign last week to over 5000 hobby stores and 1/18 scale RC customers in the US and Canada. There will most definately be more stores added to the list as we get closer to winter.

TNB, tell Dave to email me, so we can retrofit his 4 WL track into a super wide 1/18 scale track. It will give the racers much more room for the larger scale and will also allow the smaller 1/24 scale to run as well.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.09.13 at 08:15 PM.
Old 2004.09.13, 08:18 PM   #65
Hammer
Mini-Z Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
Well thank you RCP since I do it almost every weekend. Of course, now I'm cheating a little with a few blanks.
Me too! It's very good practice with the CP cup cars.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.13, 08:20 PM   #66
TNB
Pet Human

I gave David your telephone number and I suggested that he email you. There is not much more that I can do if he won't even call you regarding replacement rails.

And the thing is that there were four others running Zs on Saturday and they liked running on the ozite better. One guy even had some oversize rear tires on the back of one of his Zs and another guy glued two wheels together (dualies on a racer) to get traction. Go figure.

The thing is that it didn't bother me since that meant less drivers on the 4L (3-4 total). And, after the ozite "racers" left I ran my M18 on the ozite layout. Nice drifting with the stock tires. My foams should be here on Thursday.
Old 2004.09.14, 10:31 AM   #67
shifterkart

http://www.rcptrack.com/

Tried several times to access the site with no luck.
I plan to run Miniz F1 cars with some of my friends that run 1/8 gas on-road during the summer months. You think the mini96 would work?
shifterkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.14, 11:28 AM   #68
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

www.rcptracks.com

www.rcp-tracks.com

Don't forget the "s"
Old 2004.09.14, 01:59 PM   #69
shifterkart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z
The Mini-96 is a great road course. It has 12 turns and can be configured in well over 50 configurations alone. This track is not for the inexperienced 1/24 scale car driver, since the lane width is only 19 inches by itself. If you add one blank tile to the lane width, it will give you a more comfortable area of 30 1/4 inches, to run more 1/24 scale cars on the track at one time.

The Mini-96 also sets up very well for 1/43 and smaller, if that is your preference. You can run (6) 1/43 size cars at one time, without a problem.

You can go to www.rcptrack.com for a picture of the Mini-96, which is featured on the home page. You can also download a pdf. for spec sheets on all the track currently manufactured.
What do I need to order to add one tile of track width to the complete mini96 track? After the addition what would be the track dimms? Thanks for you help.
shifterkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.23, 04:36 PM   #70
dskapyak

Question 20' x 10'

RCPMini-z,

I have a 20'x10' that I plan to lay down a RCP track. I'm looking on suggestions for layouts that would best untilize the space (2-L's, 1-L & 1-Oval, etc.) From the layouts on the RCP website it looks like there is 1 layout in each of the above combinations that I mentioned that would work while keeping within the 10' width. This would include removing 8 tiles from each of the configuations!!!!

Any other suggestions????
dskapyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.09.23, 06:12 PM   #71
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

dskapyak,

Yes, I counted at least (9) track layouts in each grouping combination " Wide L and Wide L" "Wide L and Oval", that you could fit in a 10 ft wide area. Each of these layouts contain a total of (6) tiles for a width of just under 10'.

Obviously you could create a much more technical and longer layout in that space with the Mini-96 kits, but the lane width is much smaller and more difficult to run on with multiple 1/24 scale cars.

We have a TRACK BUILDING PROGRAM that will be available very soon, via our website, that will allow you to create your own RCP layouts and determine what will fit in your area. Should be up and running within the next few weeks.
Old 2004.09.23, 06:18 PM   #72
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifterkart
What do I need to order to add one tile of track width to the complete mini96 track? After the addition what would be the track dimms? Thanks for you help.
Sorry, just saw this. YOu would need 40 straight side sectioins and 68 blanks to make the 96 one tile wider all the way around. You can visit the RCP featured tracks section on this site for some additional suggestioins for making the Mini-96 one tile larger, in part of the track. See here

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/RCP-Tracks?page=6

and here

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/RCP-Tracks?page=5

and here

http://mini-zracer.com/gallery/RCP-Tracks?page=7
Old 2004.09.23, 06:29 PM   #73
TNB
Pet Human

Is this the layout for the upcoming race in Rialto?

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/RCP-Tr...alto.sized.jpg
Old 2004.09.23, 07:44 PM   #74
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

This is the track we set up on Tuesday. PN Racing (Philip) wiill most likely make some changes, before the weekend. This track is very fast. PN Racing posted a video in the Rialto Race thread. Check it out.
Old 2004.09.23, 11:49 PM   #75
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
Is this the layout for the upcoming race in Rialto?

http://mini-zracer.com/albums/RCP-Tr...alto.sized.jpg
that's a nice layout

i'm going to have to check out that video
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote