Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Special Topics

Old 2006.03.07, 03:02 PM   #1
ARN

Talking Pointers on Racer etiquette, and just things to know

I needed to get a document together to help some of our less experienced drivers.
Ive read some threads talking about this and borrowed some points...
Here is what I have so far...would you like to add to it?

Pointers on Racer etiquette, and just things to know:

Keep your language in-check, children are in attendance!
Never criticize a turn marshal.
Do not touch other peoples stuff at anytime, stay away from a drivers pit if they are not present.
If and when holding cars never ever-ever touch the tires.
During practice sessions you should drive reserved, keep a good distance from other cars on the track.
Do not stop your car anywhere on the track that it may be liable to a collision from on-coming traffic on the track. There will be an established area on the track for drop-off / pick-up.
If you wreck, wait for traffic to pass before backing up from the rail, re-join without causing a collision with others.
Be ready for your race, prepare early.
When turn marshalling, always give right away to the racers running, never stand on track surface, use the edges, try to stay out of drivers views best as possible, and move at a controllable speed !!!…we don’t want a turn marshal to fall down and causing injury to themselves, cars, or the track…
It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash other racers.
If you have stopped or crashed in the straight away for some reason…call out “straightaway” to warn others that your car is there.
When you experience mechanical problems, you should have your car pulled off the coarse…if you are intent on staying out for any reason you should not affect any others race in anyway.
Never walk in-between the driverstand and the track during practice or racing. This is no mans land! Always enter & leave driverstand from behind drivers.
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.07, 03:22 PM   #2
Mojar7070
Racer4Life

Thank you!! Thank you!! THANK YOU!! for posting these rules and regualtions about racing. The younger racers tend to drive pretty crazy and stay on the throttle the whole track and just crash into everything.

So to all new racers out there, please read carefully the Rules and Regulations listed above and happy racing.
Old 2006.03.07, 04:03 PM   #3
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
I think you could simplify with:

1. Be respectful of others in your language, attitude and driving.
2. Don't reverse into oncoming traffic.
3. Strive to pass cleanly.
4. Don't handle other people's equipment without permission.
5. Come prepared (nobody likes a mooch).

Probably be a bit easier for the noobs to remember, and it gives you a broader "interpretation" when calling someone on an infraction- without having to outline every single rule people come up with.

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.07, 06:28 PM   #4
saiyan
BooYa!!

You forgot the most important rule of all. " Have fun racing and help others to have fun. " Without it, it's just like work.....stressfull, anoying and fustrating.

All of us strive for perfection in our racing, but it should not be at the cost of other racers. Politeness and generally keeping your cool is the biggest factor in how well a race event goes.

I wish a few of the guys i race with in 1:10 would follow this. Every week-end i think 1 of them is gonna have a brain hemorage or stroke from stressin out so much. And a few guys think that they have the line and that it should always be theirs no matter the situation. If they're so good and so much faster then they should be able to get around lap traffic with out cussing or tapping the other guy into the wall. Rubbin is racin, but attitudes should be left at home.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.07, 06:34 PM   #5
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter9
I think you could simplify with:

1. Be respectful of others in your language, attitude and driving.
2. Don't reverse into oncoming traffic.
3. Strive to pass cleanly.
4. Don't handle other people's equipment without permission.
5. Come prepared (nobody likes a mooch).

Probably be a bit easier for the noobs to remember, and it gives you a broader "interpretation" when calling someone on an infraction- without having to outline every single rule people come up with.
good input, it will be assimilated...lol
Old 2006.03.07, 06:35 PM   #6
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojar7070
Thank you!! Thank you!! THANK YOU!! for posting these rules and regualtions about racing. The younger racers tend to drive pretty crazy and stay on the throttle the whole track and just crash into everything.

So to all new racers out there, please read carefully the Rules and Regulations listed above and happy racing.
these aint rules...just pointers for newbes, and anyone in need of re-training...lol
Old 2006.03.07, 06:37 PM   #7
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyan
You forgot the most important rule of all. " Have fun racing and help others to have fun. " Without it, it's just like work.....stressfull, anoying and fustrating.

All of us strive for perfection in our racing, but it should not be at the cost of other racers. Politeness and generally keeping your cool is the biggest factor in how well a race event goes.

I wish a few of the guys i race with in 1:10 would follow this. Every week-end i think 1 of them is gonna have a brain hemorage or stroke from stressin out so much. And a few guys think that they have the line and that it should always be theirs no matter the situation. If they're so good and so much faster then they should be able to get around lap traffic with out cussing or tapping the other guy into the wall. Rubbin is racin, but attitudes should be left at home.
yet another reason i left 10th scale!

and yes, number one is have fun
Old 2006.03.07, 06:57 PM   #8
ARN

edited:
still open for suggestions.

Pointers on Racer etiquette, and just things to know:

• Be respectful of others in your language, attitude and driving.
• Never criticize a turn marshal.
• Do not handle other people's equipment without permission at anytime, stay away from a drivers pit if they are not present.
• If and when holding cars never ever-ever touch the tires.
• During practice sessions you should drive reserved, keep a good distance from other cars on the track.
• Strive to pass or be passed cleanly always ;-)
• Do not stop your car anywhere on the track that it may be liable to a collision from on-coming traffic on the track. There will be an established area on the track for drop-off / pick-up.
• If you wreck, don't reverse into oncoming traffic, wait for traffic to pass before backing up from the rail, re-join without causing a collision with others.
• Come prepared (nobody likes a mooch).
• Be ready for your race or heat, nobody should have to wait to race.
• When turn marshalling, always give right away to the racers running, never stand on track surface, use the edges, try to stay out of drivers views best as possible, and move at a controllable speed !!!…we don’t want a turn marshal to fall down and causing injury to themselves, cars, or the track…
• It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash other racers.
• If you have stopped or crashed in the straight away for some reason…call out “straightaway” to warn others that your car is there.
• When you experience mechanical problems, you should have your car pulled off the coarse…if you are intent on staying out for any reason you should not affect any others race in anyway.
• Never walk in-between the driverstand and the track during practice or racing. This is no mans land! Always enter & leave driverstand from behind drivers.
Old 2006.03.07, 07:23 PM   #9
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Zaniac
edited:

• Do not handle other people's equipment without permission at anytime, stay away from a drivers pit if they are not present.
This one is the best!

to quote Beavis and Butthead "you can spank your own monkey, but keep your damn hands off mine!!"

My Gallery
Old 2006.03.07, 07:31 PM   #10
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter9
This one is the best!

to quote Beavis and Butthead "you can spank your own monkey, but keep your damn hands off mine!!"
It doesn't really apply here but one of my favorite B&B quotes is "You can't polish a turd Beavis"

The list looks great. It's a good reference for newbs and seasoned veterens alike. I think once they read these, additional courtesies(sp?) will come with common sense.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.07, 10:14 PM   #11
Wavy

One of my biggest pet peaves is people standing with just their toes on the track. On an RCP, they stand on the gray rail with about an inch of toe over it. Twice I've lost parts because of this. I broke a mirror off once and a spoiler another time. I don't ride the rails, but I get close to them and it really sucks to hear a "click" as you hit someone's shoe. If you're marshalling or observing, stay off the track unless you're fixing a car, and then make sure nobody's coming!
Wavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.07, 10:23 PM   #12
ARN

well if anyone wants to e-me for a copy, feel free...you will probably find it on Brians site, im going to ask him to add a link for my write ups...and im sure he would like others too join in...

z.zaniac@bresnan.net
Old 2006.03.08, 12:57 PM   #13
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Nice work Z Zaniac.

Another thing that may be good to add, is that nobody likes to race with somebody who allways complains when there is a problem with the car or bumping during the race (this is very common with younger drivers). So try to be quiet during the race, and complain afterwards (if you want)... messing up your own race is one thing, messing up everyones race is not appreciated.

Be ready to race when your heat/main is called. Do not make a large change to your car right before your heat/main. Odds are you will run into an issue that will make it take longer, and you will either delay the heat/main or miss it.

If there are people noticeably faster on the track than you, give them a little more of the line and let them pass cleanly. This will make it better for both of you. If you fight to hold him behind you, it will make him push to pass, which may end up in a collision that takes you both out. You would not be expected to pull over to the outside of a turn, just a couple inches to give them enough room to pass on the inside without losing much speed.

Last edited by EMU; 2006.03.08 at 01:01 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.08, 01:26 PM   #14
ARN

EMU, you will be assimilated! lol...
i will add your thoughts as well, thanks...i will up date and repost soon...
Old 2006.03.08, 01:43 PM   #15
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

If you're being lapped, let the leader through.

They do this in Formula 1 and other race series- the backmarkers are "supposed" to let the leaders go by.

My Gallery