Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Special Topics

Old 2006.03.08, 01:49 PM   #16
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Yes, but alot of the time they dont...
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.08, 02:00 PM   #17
briankstan

Aaron, when this list is completed e-mail it to me and I'll get it on the website.

Great stuff so far. Keep the info comming.
Old 2006.03.08, 04:54 PM   #18
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU
Yes, but alot of the time they dont...
ain't that the truth...

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.08, 06:43 PM   #19
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter9
ain't that the truth...
younger drivers seem to have a harder time 'letting' the leaders pass. it's something i have lots of experience doing though
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.08, 10:44 PM   #20
ARN

here is the final draft...unless something needs fix'in....

Last edited by ARN; 2006.03.08 at 10:48 PM.
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.08, 10:48 PM   #21
ARN

i made some minor wording changes..here it is again...

Pointers on Racer etiquette, and just things to know.

This is a correlation of many opinions and points from racers of the mini-z community. For the beginner to those who just need to be reminded..;-)
Remember the one thing that’s most important is to enjoy this sport and the people that share your enthusiasm of RC Racing!

• Be respectful of others in your language, attitude and driving.
• Never criticize a turn marshal.
• Never lose your temper at yourself or others, it brings everyone down.
• Do not handle other people's equipment without permission at anytime, stay away from a drivers pit if they are not present.
• When holding any car, never ever-ever touch the tires.
• During practice sessions you should drive reserved, keep a good distance from other cars on the track.
• Strive to pass cleanly or to be passed cleanly.
• Do not stop your car anywhere on the track that it may be liable to a collision from on-coming traffic on the track. There will be an established area on the track for drop-off / pick-up.
• If you wreck, don't reverse into oncoming traffic, wait for traffic to pass before backing up from the rail, re-join without causing a collision.
• Come prepared with everything you will need.
• Be ready for your race or heat, nobody should have to wait to start a race.
• Do not use up pit space, there is no reason someone should ask you to size down.
• Bring your own power cords and power strips.
• Always bring a pit towel to protect surfaces provided to racers.
• When you are turn marshalling, always give rightaway to the racers running, stand on the tracks edges not the surface. Try to stay out of driver’s views best as possible, and move at a controllable speed !!!…we don’t want a turn marshal to fall down and causing injury to themselves, cars, or the track…
• It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash into other cars on the track.
• If you have stopped or crashed in the straight away for some reason…call out “straightaway” to warn others that your car is there.
• When you experience mechanical problems, you should have your car pulled off the coarse…if you are intent on completing the race as is; you should not affect any other driver’s race in anyway. if you leave the driverstand to go fix your car, do it without interruption to your fellow racers.
• Never walk in-between the driverstand and the track during practice or racing. This is no mans land! Always enter & leave driverstand from behind drivers.
• If you’re having a bad day, don’t ruin it for everybody else.
Old 2006.03.09, 10:12 AM   #22
imxlr8ed

I do agree with letting leaders by, but only within reason. If a driver is only 1 or 2 laps down, I don't expect him to get out of my way, I expect him to run as hard as possible to stay ahead... if he's hard for me to pass, he's gonna be just as tough to pass for the guy behind me.

The reason alot of real racers allow leaders by is due to the fact that, if there is an accident, they just don't wreck into a very forgiving 4 foot high foam wall with their unbreakable race cars... if they wreck, the consequences are obviously more dire ! Mini-Zs are obviously not going to fly apart every time there is a light collision, or a big-time smack into a barrier. Usually, you just get your bearings, and roll back into the race.

To treat every touch, and tough traffic situation as though it was the end of the world is ridiculous to me... they're just little plastic cars ! (I find repeating this last part in my head during a race can be quite relaxing ! )

I feel that if a driver can maintain a good line, and is close to the average speed, I'll battle to get ahead for a few laps, but if the driver is 4 or 5 laps down, totally off the pace, and swerving like a madman... he should realize this, and stay off the tighter apex. If the track hog can't stay out of my way... I'm gonna kick his sorry freekin.... they're just little plastic cars... they're just little plastic cars... there just little plastic cars... ahhhhhhh...

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.09, 10:28 AM   #23
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
I do agree with letting leaders by, but only within reason. If a driver is only 1 or 2 laps down, I don't expect him to get out of my way, I expect him to run as hard as possible to stay ahead... if he's hard for me to pass, he's gonna be just as tough to pass for the guy behind me.

The reason alot of real racers allow leaders by is due to the fact that, if there is an accident, they just don't wreck into a very forgiving 4 foot high foam wall with their unbreakable race cars... if they wreck, the consequences are obviously more dire ! Mini-Zs are obviously not going to fly apart every time there is a light collision, or a big-time smack into a barrier. Usually, you just get your bearings, and roll back into the race.

To treat every touch, and tough traffic situation as though it was the end of the world is ridiculous to me... they're just little plastic cars ! (I find repeating this last part in my head during a race can be quite relaxing ! )

I feel that if a driver can maintain a good line, and is close to the average speed, I'll battle to get ahead for a few laps, but if the driver is 4 or 5 laps down, totally off the pace, and swerving like a madman... he should realize this, and stay off the tighter apex. If the track hog can't stay out of my way... I'm gonna kick his sorry freekin.... they're just little plastic cars... they're just little plastic cars... there just little plastic cars... ahhhhhhh...
let a leader by? imo never let anybody by.....but why are we talking about this? i wrote a simple statment about striving to race clean....???
also, where did I indicate that I don’t understand why "real racers" let leaders by? Do you really think we do not discern the difference? Well thanks for you input...you have now brought us back to reality.
but may I suggest, that if someone is all over the track its not because their a hog....it because they not as skill yet...so there is no reason to emulate the attitude that everyone part the waters of the red sea for you and you only....cuz, no one wants you to kick their sorry freekin....
Old 2006.03.09, 10:36 AM   #24
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Zaniac
let a leader by? imo never let anybody by.....but why are we talking about this? i wrote a simple statment about striving to race clean....???
also, where did I indicate that I don’t understand why "real racers" let leaders by? Do you really think we do not discern the difference? Well thanks for you input...you have now brought us back to reality.
but may I suggest, that if someone is all over the track its not because their a hog....it because they not as skill yet...so there is no reason to emulate the attitude that everyone part the waters of the red sea for you and you only....cuz, no one wants you to kick their sorry freekin....
Wow... tense ! I'm just kidding about that "kicking" part... see, you're taking this way too seriously ! (they're just little plastic cars... ) I was more or less replying to Bolter in post #15, just hit the wrong button. I didn't mention you specifically in any of that post ?!?! Chill out !

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2006.03.09, 10:40 AM   #25
ARN

sorry, but no im not taking this to seriously, i just took your post as a insult...like the ones in the past, i guess if you dont understand that then i should just accept you with a grain of salt...
Old 2006.03.09, 10:51 AM   #26
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Zaniac
sorry, but no im not taking this to seriously, i just took your post as a insult...like the ones in the past, i guess if you dont understand that then i should just accept you with a grain of salt...
Look... maybe my stuff doesn't come off well in type, if members could see my stupid smiling face when I'm typing all of this stuff, they would probably have a better understanding. (picture a "special person" with a brand new keyboard... see attachment ) Never try to insult anyone, have the utmost respect for anyone that can drive these cars !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg special.jpg (30.6 KB, 74 views)

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2006.03.09, 11:29 AM   #27
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Easy guys, I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive. Keep in mind that irony and subtle humor usually doesn't translate well in type. More often then not, people will think you're being sarcastic.

And even though this is still off topic, the issue of backmarkers letting race leaders by has a lot more to do with holding up the leader and allowing the cars behind him/her to catch up, then it does with crashing (although that's certainly a factor too, just not as likely to happen). I think this rule translates to Mini Z racing just fine. If I'm half a lap in front, and I go to lap a guy and he doesn't let me pass cleanly, then the guy behind me has a lot more opportunity to catch up. Now naturally it's a lot easier to get around a mini Z then it is a real race car, so the negative effect might be a bit less then in real life, but it's still an issue- especially for new drivers who are likely being lapped, and are likely driving un-predictable lines.

My Gallery
Old 2006.03.09, 11:37 AM   #28
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter9
Easy guys, I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive. Keep in mind that irony and subtle humor usually doesn't translate well in type. More often then not, people will think you're being sarcastic.

And even though this is still off topic, the issue of backmarkers letting race leaders by has a lot more to do with holding up the leader and allowing the cars behind him/her to catch up, then it does with crashing (although that's certainly a factor too, just not as likely to happen). I think this rule translates to Mini Z racing just fine. If I'm half a lap in front, and I go to lap a guy and he doesn't let me pass cleanly, then the guy behind me has a lot more opportunity to catch up. Now naturally it's a lot easier to get around a mini Z then it is a real race car, so the negative effect might be a bit less then in real life, but it's still an issue- especially for new drivers who are likely being lapped, and are likely driving un-predictable lines.
I know... it's always tough to watch the pack climb up on you... but I really don't get into a bind over this stuff, I guess I just have fun just racing my crew, dirty or clean racing. ! It is a part of Racer ettiquette, but it takes a great deal of time to get some drivers to realize this stuff, some of my crew in the past, seemed to never catch on to the lapped driver thing. Since we have been running the HFAY series... you even see some of the newbies driving safer, they all seem to understand that every split second counts now, regardless of who is ahead of you and who is behind you.

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2006.03.09, 12:28 PM   #29
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
I know... it's always tough to watch the pack climb up on you... but I really don't get into a bind over this stuff, I guess I just have fun just racing my crew, dirty or clean racing. ! It is a part of Racer ettiquette, but it takes a great deal of time to get some drivers to realize this stuff, some of my crew in the past, seemed to never catch on to the lapped driver thing. Since we have been running the HFAY series... you even see some of the newbies driving safer, they all seem to understand that every split second counts now, regardless of who is ahead of you and who is behind you.
I hear ya, we don't follow any hard and fast rules while racing either- but we have a pretty small group, so the etiquette is understood. I think it becomes a little more important to define the rules when you have a large group with different people showing up all the time.

My Gallery
Old 2006.03.09, 01:09 PM   #30
ARN

request: if there are any english majors out there...?take a look at this and let me know if there is need of changing wording, gramar...etc...i alway find that i do not see my own mistake in writing stuff..till its to late to change....

Pointers on Racer etiquette, and just things to know.

This is a correlation of many opinions and points from racers of the mini-z community. For the beginner to those who just need to be reminded..;-)
Remember the one thing that’s most important is to enjoy this sport and the people that share your enthusiasm of RC Racing!

• Be respectful of others in your language, attitude and driving.
• Never criticize a turn marshal.
• Never lose your temper at yourself or others, it brings everyone down.
• Do not handle other people's equipment without permission at anytime, stay away from a drivers pit if they are not present.
• When holding any car, never ever-ever touch the tires.
• During practice sessions you should drive reserved, keep a good distance from other cars on the track.
• Strive to pass cleanly or to be passed cleanly.
• Do not stop your car anywhere on the track that it may be liable to a collision from on-coming traffic on the track. There will be an established area on the track for drop-off / pick-up.
• If you wreck, don't reverse into oncoming traffic, wait for traffic to pass before backing up from the rail, re-join without causing a collision.
• Come prepared with everything you will need.
• Be ready for your race or heat, nobody should have to wait to start a race.
• Do not use up pit space, there is no reason someone should ask you to size down.
• Bring your own power cords and power strips.
• Always bring a pit towel to protect surfaces provided to racers.
• When you are turn marshalling, always give rightaway to the racers running, stand on the tracks edges not the surface. Try to stay out of driver’s views best as possible, and move at a controllable speed !!!…we don’t want a turn marshal to fall down and causing injury to themselves, cars, or the track…
• It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash into other cars on the track.
• If you have stopped or crashed in the straight away for some reason…call out “straightaway” to warn others that your car is there.
• When you experience mechanical problems, you should have your car pulled off the coarse…if you are intent on completing the race as is; you should not affect any other driver’s race in anyway. if you leave the driverstand to go fix your car, do it without interruption to your fellow racers.
• Never walk in-between the driverstand and the track during practice or racing. This is no mans land! Always enter & leave driverstand from behind drivers.
• If you’re having a bad day, don’t ruin it for everybody else.