Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Special Topics

Old 2006.03.09, 01:46 PM   #31
imxlr8ed

Minor changes...

• Be respectful of others in your language, attitude and driving.
• Never criticize a turn marshall.
• Never lose your temper at yourself or others, it brings everyone down.
• Do not handle other people's equipment without permission at anytime, stay away from a driver's pit if they are not present.
• When holding someone else's car, never touch the tires.
• During practice sessions you should drive in a reserved manner, keep a good distance from other cars on the track.
• Strive to pass cleanly or to be passed cleanly.
• Do not stop your car anywhere on the track that it may be liable to a collision from on-coming traffic on the track. There will be an established area on the track for drop-off / pick-up.
• If your car does go "dead" loudly notify others of it's location.
• When you experience mechanical problems, you should have your car pulled off the course…if you are intent on completing the race as is; you should not affect any other driver’s race in anyway. if you leave the driverstand to go fix your car, do it without interruption to your fellow racers.
• If you wreck, don't reverse into oncoming traffic, wait for traffic to pass before backing up from the rail, re-join the race without causing a collision.
• Come prepared with everything you will need.
• Be ready for your race or heat, nobody should have to wait to start a race.
• Please keep your pit space to a minimum, there is no reason someone should ask you to size down.
• Bring your own power cords and power strips.
• Always bring a pit towel to protect surfaces provided to racers.
• When you are turn marshalling, always give rightaway to the racers running, stand on the tracks edges not the surface. Try to stay out of driver’s views best as possible, and move at a controllable speed !!!…we don’t want a turn marshall falling down and causing injury to themselves, cars, or the track…
• It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash into other cars on the track. ("Sorry" goes a long way.)
• Never walk in-between the driverstand and the track during practice or racing. This is no mans land! Always enter & leave driverstand from behind drivers.
• If you’re having a bad day, don’t ruin it for everybody else.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.09, 02:41 PM   #32
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
Minor changes...

• When holding someone else's car, never touch the tires.
First off, thanks. I'll be hanging a small poster with this on it for track days from now on. Nice to have rules clearly posted so everyone knows what to expect.

I wanted to clarify one thing.

"never touch the tires".

I never gave this much thought. Is this a big deal? Is this a oil on your dirty little fingers thing? Does it affect traction?

Thanks

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.09, 04:41 PM   #33
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris
First off, thanks. I'll be hanging a small poster with this on it for track days from now on. Nice to have rules clearly posted so everyone knows what to expect.

I wanted to clarify one thing.

"never touch the tires".

I never gave this much thought. Is this a big deal? Is this a oil on your dirty little fingers thing? Does it affect traction?

Thanks
one time, a guy came over to my pit and started handling my car without permission, and without any indication from me that it was ok...he still had bearing oil on his fingers...and he really thought it was necessary to touch every tire on the car.......well...you can figure out the rest...however it was unintentional...but stupid!...I learned that day the importance of two of my own pointers.....
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.10, 12:47 AM   #34
ARN

this has brewed long enough...
here is my final and this is what i will distribute to those that would like to have it...thanks all!
,Z

Pointers on Racer etiquette, and just things to know.

This is a correlation of many opinions and pointers from racers of the mini-z community. For those whom are “the beginner” to those “old pros” who just need to be reminded..;-)
Remember the one thing most important, it is to enjoy this sport and the people that share your enthusiasm of RC Racing! Cheers, Aaron Nelson “Z ZANIAC”.

• Be respectful of others in your language, attitude and driving.
• Never criticize a turn marshal.
• Never lose your temper at yourself or others, it brings everyone down.
• Do not handle other people's equipment without permission at anytime, stay away from a drivers pit if they are not present.
• When holding any car, never ever-ever touch the tires.
• During practice sessions you should drive reserved, keep a good distance from other cars on the track.
• Strive to pass cleanly, or to be passed cleanly.
• Do not stop your car anywhere on the track that it may be liable to a collision from on-coming traffic on the track. There will be an established area on the track for drop-off / pick-up.
• If you wreck, don't reverse into oncoming traffic, wait for traffic to pass before backing up from the rail, re-join without causing a collision.
• Come prepared with everything you will need.
• Be ready for your race or heat, nobody should have to wait to start a race.
• Keep your pit space to a minimum, there is no reason someone should ask you to size down.
• Bring your own power cords and power strips.
• Always bring a pit towel to protect surfaces provided to racers.
• When you are turn marshalling, always give rightaway to the racers running, stand on the tracks edges not the surface. Try to stay out of driver’s views best as possible, and move at a controllable speed !!!…we don’t want a turn marshal to fall down and causing injury to themselves, cars, or the track…
• It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash into other cars on the track. ( a “sorry” is good, but that gets annoying after three or four times in one session…)
• If you have stopped or crashed in the straight away for some reason…call out “straightaway” to warn others that your car is there.
• When you experience mechanical problems, you should have your car pulled off the coarse…if you are intent on completing the race as is; you should not affect any other driver’s race in anyway. If you leave the driverstand to go fix your car, do it without distraction to your fellow racers.
• Never walk in-between the driverstand and the track during practice or racing. This is no mans land! Always enter & leave driverstand from behind drivers.
• If you’re having a bad day, don’t ruin it for everybody else.
Old 2006.03.11, 09:39 PM   #35
DogbreathRacing
MINI-Z MONSTER GARAGE

Send a message via AIM to DogbreathRacing
Great Guys, those are rules everyone should live by when attending any race. It does make the experience so much better. I speak from experience having run a LARGE track and R/C club for almost ten years were we ran three days of racing a week. BE NICE! HAVE FUN!

But those days are gone and I don't do organized racing anymore. Now when we get together it's a small group of close friends and all for fun.....so some of our rules have changed a little....

...such as....

...ALWAYS touch the other guys car, alot, and if you can hide a wheel wrench in you hand then tighten the left front wheel nut down tight, when he discovers his car will only spin cookies in one direction then be sure everyone gets a good laugh...oh and be sure to point too....or replace one of his front tires with some old 50 degree tire and watch the fun!

MR02RM, MR02MM, MZM,
Pro-Pulse Pro T-100 1/18 4X4,
Associated Team Factory RC18B with MAMBA 56K

DogBreath's Magical Mystery Album
DogbreathRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.12, 01:29 AM   #36
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogbreathRacing

...ALWAYS touch the other guys car, alot, and if you can hide a wheel wrench in you hand then tighten the left front wheel nut down tight, when he discovers his car will only spin cookies in one direction then be sure everyone gets a good laugh...oh and be sure to point too....or replace one of his front tires with some old 50 degree tire and watch the fun!
LOL

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.03, 03:02 AM   #37
herman

cool thread...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.03, 03:16 PM   #38
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogbreathRacing
.. and if you can hide a wheel wrench in you hand then tighten the left front wheel nut down tight, when he discovers his car will only spin cookies in one direction then be sure everyone gets a good laugh...
Doh! That's a good one.

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.04, 10:19 AM   #39
bemoore
Rolling Chicane

Is there any sort of accepted etiquette for passing? My most relevent experience is with slot cars and there are a few guidelines that work well there. Such as, don't pass on the outside, and don't allow yourself to be passed on the inside, else you will experience the joy of straightening out your chassis. With Mini-Z's, there is a group I race with that consists of a few really fast guys, a couple of slower guys, and one guy just a little faster than me. The only who's giving me problems is the guy that's just a little faster. Of course I don't just pull over & let him go, but I might if he hounded me for a lap or two. But he just engages me wherever he reaches me. I may be on a good lap but if he gets a nose up beside me on the straight, I'll probably wind up in the wall. I don't think it's intentional, but it doesn't seem like he puts much effort in making a clean pass. Is this considered acceptable? If so, I'll just suck it up & take it. If not, I may ask him to try to make his passes a little cleaner. I understand that clean passes are difficult. I'm not that good at them either, but I do try, and that's all I ask of others. I think I know a little how the guys feel who race with Robby Gordon.
Old 2006.05.04, 10:54 AM   #40
ARN

my opinion is this...pass anyway you can without messing up the other racer car...
if you bump so what...just dont send him into the rail or over turn him....
other than that be aggressive.

you may find that its easyer to let up just a second to let someone by it may benefit both of your times...if he gets along side you, ease up just long enough to let him by...then pass him back when he makes a mistake...

Last edited by ARN; 2006.05.04 at 10:58 AM.
Old 2006.05.04, 11:05 AM   #41
byebye

My wife and I have practiced passing. I can say that in the end if you are slower than the leader it's best to stay out of the way. Even if they are slightly faster. Think about this, if they are a little faster than you, why are they behind you? They are have either already lapped you or they have finally caught you and will either push you out the way or they will crash trying to get around you. I think everyone is better off allowing the faster cars to pass.

I really started to review video and try to perfect this whole area. My best example(without video) is DOW. I've notice that their fast guys run around the track as if attached. I also noticed on their core stats that they were probably 2 seconds split. That puts them roughly a third the track lap behind each other so essentially they are not even close.

Here at home we practiced running wide so as to let the faster cars pass on the inside. During this last olps I watched myself follow the leader until I was right on him. He didn't let up but at the right time I was able to pass him.

-Byebye

Last edited by byebye; 2006.10.15 at 01:48 AM.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.04, 12:05 PM   #42
ARN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemoore
Is there any sort of accepted etiquette for passing? .
I guess I can get back to your original question...yes, there is an accepted etiquette. But some don't care......just like in life....some people are civil and some just don't care.
Just try to have fun, don't let one guy ruin your fun with everybody else....
Old 2006.05.04, 12:16 PM   #43
byebye

Sorry I was at work and getting ready to head out the door when I replied.

Yes there is an acceptable etiquette. It's an understanding between all the drivers that if someone is faster then let them have a good race. Just as Z Zaniac said there are some people out there that just don't care. If those are the fast guys let them pass and lead, it will give you someone to follow and sometimes people need that to push themselves beyond what they think they are capable of.

I think if you are faster then try not to spin them out and try not to be so aggressive that you crash. When possible I find it easiest to pass coming out of a corner. Either inside or outside just make sure you commit and follow thru with it.

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.04, 12:47 PM   #44
bemoore
Rolling Chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Zaniac
I guess I can get back to your original question...yes, there is an accepted etiquette. But some don't care......just like in life....some people are civil and some just don't care.
Just try to have fun, don't let one guy ruin your fun with everybody else....
Oh, he's not ruining my fun. If he were, I would find something else to do with my time. I have gotten a little frustrated a few times, though. Of course, part of that frustration is not being able to go faster.
Old 2006.05.31, 04:31 PM   #45
MINIz guy11
Hibernation ON!

Send a message via AIM to MINIz guy11 Send a message via MSN to MINIz guy11 Send a message via Yahoo to MINIz guy11
i have had an experience with one guy at my track during practice. i was on the straight cruising a long and all of a sudden, i see a guy come up from behind me and try to get me into a wall. instead of the wall, my car does a few cartwheels, flips and finaly lands on its lid. im like WTF! its practice and its a straight, you can avoid me! he takes practice like a race and tells me later to have gotten out of the way. now, i decided to make a bumper that allows enough travel but not many people can get under me besides a atomic body. i just need one to see if they can get under. i did this on my ford gt since it already need this b/c of the round and high bumper.
MINIz guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote