Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.02.06, 12:46 AM   #46
herman

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan View Post
if it's layouts you need, look here.

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Tracks.html
thanks briankstan.... wonder if anybody can make that a sticky... i'll start a thread and hope the mods pin it... thanks again...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.03.11, 09:03 AM   #47
Felix2010

Southern NH

Hello,
I have 2 Wide-L tracks and 2 Wide-Ovals. I am using the downstairs of my house for my track and I am just-shy of enough space for any of the official-HFAY track layouts; But I finagled my own custom 2-Wide-L track that I race on for now. I have a pool table that's eating up precious RCP space so I'm trying to figure out a way to move it to free-up more room. I am 20 minutes away from Nashua and 30 minutes away from Manchester. Anyone who's nearby drop me a line!
Felix2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 02:29 PM   #48
PridgeoK

I have a Mini-96 with one of each expansion pack (blanks + straights, wide inside corners, chicane & long 45* kits). I usually set up either a small set in my back yard patio area or all of it in our covered, yet open-faced, carport.

I have an i-Lap counter with four transponders, two of which are transferable to other cars fairly easily, and two pretty much permanent fixtures inside my F1's.

Kevin.
PridgeoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.12, 02:40 PM   #49
hrdrvr
MBMZR

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28267

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.23, 10:24 AM   #50
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
I now have my Mini 96.

Would eventually like to get two expansion pack's, and two chicane kit's.

Located in Colorado Springs, more specifically the Black Forest. Anybody in the area is welcome. No core timer or anything like that though.

Last edited by marc; 2008.09.23 at 10:26 AM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.04, 11:38 PM   #51
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
marc, that looks almost perfect for a home track. I'm raising my funds to get a m96 for my house since the DC club has plenty and I'm really far from everyone to get more frequent practices. Once I get it though, it'll be +1 home track for Rockville, MD.
Old 2009.02.17, 11:10 AM   #52
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
marc, that looks almost perfect for a home track. I'm raising my funds to get a m96 for my house since the DC club has plenty and I'm really far from everyone to get more frequent practices. Once I get it though, it'll be +1 home track for Rockville, MD.
Hey Sky012a

The Mini 96 RCP track is great it has lots of expansions. Its great for limited space and for homes.

Here is a link to my home track its a Mini96 with expansion kit. With this layout I have a 15 ft straight and about 8 to 9 ft at its widest and I still have many tiles left (i've done over 20 ft straight in the past)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PfYfv2jk8&fmt=18

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.17, 12:29 PM   #53
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Cher, I've actually found 9$ 4x 2x2x.5 foam tiles @ local Harbor Freight Tools and now I'll 100% invest into these. Raw foam side is grippier than RCP thus testing setups on it will be more extreme and yield solid results for RCP tracks. I'll also spend 1/4 the $ to get the same dimentions and if I make my track more narrow I'll easily double the available area.
Old 2009.02.17, 12:33 PM   #54
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Since we're talking RCP tracks, I have a question. How much is a used Mini96 worth and how much should I charge for shipping it? I no longer have the original box for it as it already arrived toren up. The railings have had tooth-pick flags stuck to theme so they are not perfect. One tile has cat-scratches on it which does not seem to effect car's handling, just appearance.
So question is, how much can I get from it and is it even worth selling?
I now have "0" Mini-Z's, and 0 Dnano's to run on it, so right now it's just sitting in a storage bin waiting for god knows what.
I am still interested in the Dnano's and would like to get some in the future, but am flat broke for a while. So what to do?
Old 2009.02.17, 12:49 PM   #55
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Cher, I've actually found 9$ 4x 2x2x.5 foam tiles @ local Harbor Freight Tools and now I'll 100% invest into these. Raw foam side is grippier than RCP thus testing setups on it will be more extreme and yield solid results for RCP tracks. I'll also spend 1/4 the $ to get the same dimentions and if I make my track more narrow I'll easily double the available area.
Hmm... interesting, I am curious to see what you end up with. Dont forget to post a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Since we're talking RCP tracks, I have a question. How much is a used Mini96 worth and how much should I charge for shipping it? I no longer have the original box for it as it already arrived toren up. The railings have had tooth-pick flags stuck to theme so they are not perfect. One tile has cat-scratches on it which does not seem to effect car's handling, just appearance.
So question is, how much can I get from it and is it even worth selling?
I now have "0" Mini-Z's, and 0 Dnano's to run on it, so right now it's just sitting in a storage bin waiting for god knows what.
I am still interested in the Dnano's and would like to get some in the future, but am flat broke for a while. So what to do?
I dont know marc, you might want to look at ebay and see what people are paying for a used Mini96. I think you should keep it. It wont be long before you are working and getting some consistent cash flow and wishing you never got rid of the Miniz's. (geezz I sound like a foutune teller). Well, I dont know your situation so do what you must. Ebay is probably the first place I would go to check out prices for a used Mini96.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Old 2009.02.17, 02:08 PM   #56
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Thank's. It's probably more of a hassle to ship and more expensive to get a new one anyway. So, it'll just sit.
I'll more likely get some Dnano's and just stick with theme as I found'em easier to drive on the Mini96 than the Mini-Z's were. The Mini-Z's almost felt too big for the track.
I was more curious then serious about selling it. Right now I'm buisy with art school and hopeing to start working with the local theatre doing behind the scenes stage-work. So that's why I've dont' have time for Z's these day's.

For when I do go back into it, I have a few more questions. I've been wanting to have some slick spots particularly on the sharp turns so it'll be easier to slide around, yet still be grippy for other turns and on the straights. I've tryed to flip over some of the track and connect it to the other side but discovered that you can NOT have half grip, half slip.
So, is there a trick to have grip in areas where you want grip, and slick where you want slick?

Last edited by marc; 2009.02.17 at 02:11 PM.
Old 2009.02.18, 10:32 AM   #57
simpleskin

Send a message via AIM to simpleskin Send a message via Skype™ to simpleskin
I have 2 wide L's, one Kyosho 45 and a wide turns expansion. Fills the whole basement. Would eventually want the wide oval for more road course options.

MR-02 AD
MR-02 AD with narrow PN front tower bars
3 x dNaNo
2 x MA-010
3 x MR-03
MR-015
Overland
F1
simpleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.18, 11:10 AM   #58
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Thank's. It's probably more of a hassle to ship and more expensive to get a new one anyway. So, it'll just sit.
I'll more likely get some Dnano's and just stick with theme as I found'em easier to drive on the Mini96 than the Mini-Z's were. The Mini-Z's almost felt too big for the track.
I was more curious then serious about selling it. Right now I'm buisy with art school and hopeing to start working with the local theatre doing behind the scenes stage-work. So that's why I've dont' have time for Z's these day's.

For when I do go back into it, I have a few more questions. I've been wanting to have some slick spots particularly on the sharp turns so it'll be easier to slide around, yet still be grippy for other turns and on the straights. I've tryed to flip over some of the track and connect it to the other side but discovered that you can NOT have half grip, half slip.
So, is there a trick to have grip in areas where you want grip, and slick where you want slick?
Good move . Cool you are going to start working again so you can save for the expansion kit. The reality is with a little time you can run on the Mini96 without the expansion and make some good runs. If you looked at my video I have the expansion tiles only on the straight, the rest is normal mini96 lane width. I am an ok driver and the MR02 looks fine running on it. Also, it will make you a better driver.

Last edited by Cherub1m; 2009.02.18 at 11:15 AM.
Old 2009.02.18, 12:30 PM   #59
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

I actually haven't started WORK yet. I'm just attending art classes at the moment and I'm HOPEING to start volunteer work at the school's theatre.
The Mini-Z's are great on the Mini96, dont' get me wrong, that's what the track was designed for in the first place. I just personally feel like the Mini96 is a bit tight for the 1/28 scale cars and is more suitable for the Dnano's. While they Dnano's are very fast and take up alot of room, they still "fit" better on the track than the Z's do.
However, if you belong to a Mini-Z club that races twice a week or something, than the Mini96 is great practice. If you can drive well on the tight track, you can drive better on a larger track! For Mini-Z's, I prefer a larger, wider track and hopefully some day I'll have the house all to myselfe where I can permanently set up a nice large track. Unless of coarse I decided to go with slot-cars!
Either way, I'm keeping it just because I already have it.
Some time I'll have Dnano funds. I'd like to get my hand's on the following.
White Porsche 911 GT3, yellow Ferrari 360 Modena, red Lamborghini Countach, and green Murcielago. First one I want is that GT3!
All I'm saying is the Z's really need the expansion pack or the larger tiled track.
Old 2009.04.04, 01:15 PM   #60
Eman

I have a Mini 96 with 2 expansion kits and a large radius kit. 10 minutes from Wichita.