Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.07.19, 02:45 PM   #16
tommy_greeneyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Mike, in Kyosho Stock, and 70 Comp, the tires are Kyosho only. This was chosen to keep as much of the same rubber into the track, and reduce the amount of variables in the spec classes.

I recommend the K20 radials in the rear, with 30 slick up front. You can try 40 radials if you want more entrance steering, or 40 slick if you want to dial down some steering. The track tends to favor front end bite, so a more stable chassis setup with aggressive front tires or aggressive setup with a front tire with less traction may be the best approach for the surface.

Shafiq and Tommy have been liking the 40 slicks in the front. I like the LM 30 trued flat in the front, but my car is 94mm, so a little more on throttle steering is desireble, I also lowered the steering angle more than I am used to, roughly 55 endpoint on my radio.

I have not had a chance to test any other tires besides the Kyosho due to what I have in stock. I am not sure how the PN or Marka tires will work on the carpet, but it is open for modified. Hopefully Tommy can test some PN tires on his next visit and let us know how traction is with them.

I plan to try some PN tires on race day in mod... dont have any at the moment.
i use the same tires from RCP.i did not even change a setup from Maryland race, ones your tires get warm up let the fun begin.my two times on the track i have learned its smooth as glass. The PN tires and Marka tires work well to.you have to feel it out to your driving style.
Old 2018.07.26, 12:21 AM   #17
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Would be happy to see you again, it's been years.
Oh man yes! Will be absolutely open to once again getting help with the setup and not from being knocked my 1/10th into the rear to get the diff completely taken care of like in the old ALS race (which was still absolutely amazing!).

PM me your number if you don't mind too.
Old 2018.12.30, 07:01 AM   #18
Mike Keely

it sounds like there are a few guys coming up for your next weekend race. There are more guys that would like to come but they do not want to run the white end bell motor. Are you open to allow the PN 70 turn motor in stock?
Old 2018.12.30, 08:23 AM   #19
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Mike, whatever you guys run in stock, we will run exactly the same. PN 70t 9t, and 3500kv 10t.

70 comp is basically hfay, but 3500kv motor limit instead of 5600kv. The speed difference between the 5600kv and the 70t outs just way too high on the larger track.
Old 2018.12.30, 03:30 PM   #20
Mike Keely

So in 70 comp can we run a 70 turn with any gearing? PN chassis?
Old 2018.12.30, 03:35 PM   #21
Mike Keely

Just found this.

70 Comp
PN 70t motor, 3500kv motor
11/52 64p or 9t 48p 2wd, 21/27 AWD
AAA NiMh cells, open chassis 86-102mm, hop ups and electronics
Kyosho compatible hard body, lexan windows permitted
Kyosho rubber tires
Old 2018.12.30, 03:36 PM   #22
Mike Keely

What time will you be starting?
Old 2018.12.30, 06:40 PM   #23
EMU
EMUracing

Qualifying should kick off at 1PM as stated on the f-book page, I believe that this is their target start time moving forward. Unfortunately, they didnt update the rules on the F-book page to reflect the changes that we made last time.

We want the rule set to be as standardized as possible between all locations in the region. Allowing people to not need to make wholesale changes to their cars dependant on location is important. The rules established with your group in DC/Remnant have been some of the best that we have seen, and we used that as a base for the structure that we have.

The only real changes that were made are in the 70 comp class to restrict motor to a more level option, although we have removed the restriction of chassis and electronics set by the HFAY. This is more in line with the approach to larger scale racing in rule structure, as it is AAA NiMh battery and motor limit defined but allows people to use open electronics to build a PN chassis rather than being restricted to the Kyosho PCB, and opening radio options by doing so.

While there are not many cars that use AAA cells with open electronics, it makes for an easier rule specification than permitting one chassis (as in the PN), and we would like to welcome more competition in this area than restrict it.

I had built a MC3 90mm chassis, in hopes to run with the 3500kv motor in this class, but it simply wont be competitive due to gearing limitations on the motor mount. It was really designed for the 5500kv motor gearing range. The largest pinion I can fit is a 12t with a 51t spur and it is a dog on the straights. It might work decent at Remnant where straight speed is less relevant.
Old 2018.12.31, 05:27 AM   #24
tommy_greeneyes

Jan 5

Tom's River HobbyTown USA

January 5th on Saturday

Address
1256 Indian Head Rd, Toms River, NJ 08755

They are on social media
f book com/HobbyTownTomsRiver/

Classes are as follows:
1. Kyosho Stock,
2. 70 Comp
3. Modified(RWYB)

(Kyosho Stock class)

Any Kyosho Mini-Z brushed board or brushless board.
Kyosho electronics.No FETTED job. a stock board and needs power switch on it.

2wd PN70t 9t, (any brushless 3500kv 10t.)

Awd 70t 19/27, 3500kv 21/27

--------You can run a 3500k motor with 10/44-----------
AAA NiMh batteries
Unmodified Autoscale or White body fully built up and painted, no lexan windows
(Kyosho rubber tires only )
available upgrades: bearings, t-plates, wheelnuts, servo gears
Kyosho option front spring permitted

(70 Comp class)
PN 70t motor, any 3500kv motor
open gearing
AAA NiMh cells, open chassis 86-102mm, hop ups and electronics
Kyosho compatible hard body, lexan windows permitted
Kyosho rubber tires only

(Modified )
8.4v limit for batteries
open chassis, electronics, motor
Kyosho, PN, Marka rubber tires. ( No silicone or foam tires.)
90-102mm wheelbase, open body, lexan permitted

170g weight minimum on all cars.

Track surface is CRC carpet.

The timing system we will be going back to is iLap for the reasons we will be running LIVE RC. the hobbyshop owner has someone running the lap system and liverc together. also LIVE RC we have for the Year.

Race format:
1. 2, 5mins staggered start qualifiers and 8mins mains.
2. Re-sort after the first round.

Doors open at 10am and qualifying will start at 1pm.

Last edited by tommy_greeneyes; 2018.12.31 at 05:40 AM.
tommy_greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.31, 06:35 AM   #25
tommy_greeneyes

HobbyTown Point Championship

Dates for 2019 HobbyTown Point Championship

You can use 3 drop races but you have also have 3 (Double Points) races to catch up. Will be working out End of the year Championship Trophies and Prizes.

January 5
Feb 2 (Double Points)
March 2
April 6
May 4
June 1 (Double Points)
July 6
Aug 3
Sept 7
Oct 5
Nov 2 Kyosho Mini z Racing Kicks 2019 Grand Finale
(Double Points)
Old 2018.12.31, 08:45 AM   #26
Mike Keely

FYI, when the C9 was released again the rear pod has not been available for over a month. Many guys in our club have broke the rear pod and needed to go to the metal rear pod on the C9. We have allowed that change because they are not available. There has not been any change in the lap times changing to this rear pod. I am still using the MM2 plastic pod.
Old 2018.12.31, 11:48 AM   #27
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Keely View Post
FYI, when the C9 was released again the rear pod has not been available for over a month. Many guys in our club have broke the rear pod and needed to go to the metal rear pod on the C9. We have allowed that change because they are not available. There has not been any change in the lap times changing to this rear pod. I am still using the MM2 plastic pod.
Will need to update the rules to reflect this. I’ll update the poster when practical due to cost of printing.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.12.31, 05:15 PM   #28
EMU
EMUracing

Is the rear pod going to be a single option, such as the r246-1202? Or is this going to be an open option pod?

Kyosho America have at least 10x LM pods in stock (part MZ305). I know the LM conversion set is discontinued, but from what I can tell, the mount itself is still available and in production. The conversion set was for the MR02.

I dont think that we should allow the mount to be changed to metal, as this will just continue to spiral until the Stock class = HFAY. I just dont think that we should jump the gun on permitting the alloy replacement when there are still plenty of available LM pods available from the official source.

I know that I had seen some videos online from Kyosho of what looks like a newer LM prototype pod. I am not sure if this will be produced in alloy or in plastic as a stock replacement.

Last edited by EMU; 2018.12.31 at 05:26 PM.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.01, 02:33 AM   #29
EMU
EMUracing

I spoke with a kyosho rep, the LM mount is NOT discontinued. Where they got the idea it was, I don't know.
Old 2019.01.01, 09:06 AM   #30
Mike Keely

I did not say it was discontinued. We do not usually order from Kyosho normally. We were not seeing them available from PN or on Ebay. We have so many guys running the C9 body that we have someone break a rear pod each race day. We also run this class two days a week.