Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.06.18, 01:19 PM   #1
muuz

Moving from 1/10 and I have questions

Hey everyone, looks like a great community here. I'm moving from 1/10 off-road buggies, and looking to build up a really solid 4wd mini-z racer. So here are my questions:

CHASSIS:
Trending towards the 4wd Atomic BZ chassis. How does the selection of bodies work for these? Are there any limitations? Are these a good platform to build from?

RADIO / RECEIVER:
Currently have a Sanwa MT-44. Is there any way to make these work with MINI-Z's or is it not worth the hassle. If that's the case, what is a solid, easy-to-integrate and adjustable radio / receiver combination?

SERVO:
Have not been able to find anything on servos for these. What are the options / manufacturers, and where to buy them in southern Ontario.

MOTOR:
Assuming probably brushless is by far the best option. If anyone can point me to a competitive motor as a good starting point, that would be great.

BATTERIES:
Again assuming LIPO's are readily available and easy o use?

WHEELS & TIRES: What tires are people running on local tracks in the Mississauga / Toronto area.

BODIES:
Do aerodynamics come into play, or is it purely a style choice. And where do I find a nice selection of bodies, and how do these get affixed to the chassis?

I think that's mostly it for now, any help would be appreciated!
muuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.19, 06:09 AM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Check out MC3. They have a racing program, carry the stuff your inquiring about and the experience to steer you in the right direction Wish I could be of help but AWD is not my bag and I stick with Kyosho radio/electronics.

I have no doubt others will jump in on the topics you've inquired about as there are plenty of drivers that run in this segment of the scale.

CHASSIS:
I have no experience with these platforms.

RADIO / RECEIVER:
Unable to be of any help in this regard due to above.

SERVO:
MC3 may be your best bet.

MOTOR:
Brushless is by far the more popular option in this segment of the scale.

BATTERIES:
Yes.

WHEELS & TIRES:
MC3 may be your best bet.

BODIES:
Yes, body selection makes a big difference for any number of reasons. If scale realism/authenticity isn't your bag, there are a number of generic pan style bodies available, both lexan and plastics. If you prefer to to select from real models, check with local club to see what seems to work best at the track unless you have in mind what you like and willing to run it regardless. There's generally something for everyone in this scale, lots to choose from.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2018.06.20 at 05:16 AM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.19, 08:16 PM   #3
TPDazzle

https://m.banggood.com/DasMikro-GRX-471M-Compatibe-Micro-2_4GHz-FHSS-4-4-Channel-Surface-Receiver-For-Sanwa-RC-Car-Parts-p-1259202.html?rmmds=search

I think this reciever would work with your radio, but you would still need a micro esc. Welcome and good luck!

Last edited by mleemor60; 2018.06.20 at 05:16 AM. Reason: link with pricing
TPDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.06.20, 01:55 AM   #4
asuh88

Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you, and this is what I've found researching:

Chassis wise that is a good choice
You can use a full size receiver if you want.
Servo: https://www graupnerusa com/DES-291-BB,-MG.html that servo should fit most of these chassis
ESC/MOTOR: if you want sensored brushless with a program card:
http://www x-powerrc.com/product_detail.php?id=725
Batteries: you need 2s 7.4v 400mah
Bodies: looks like the bz is 98mm wheelbase, you will need to find a body with that wheelbase MR-03 MM bodies are 98mm I believe.

If you want an alternative to the bz that comes ARTR:
http://www.x-powerrc com/product_detail.php?id=694

Also check out GL racing: http://gl-racing com/store/

If you want something more budget minded the Mini-Q Q7BL comes with everything except Rx/Tx (Even lipo and charger) :
https://www.banggood com/Sinohobby-M...r_warehouse=CN
The mini-q offers good value performance.

Hopefully this gave you some options, good luck!

Last edited by mleemor60; 2018.06.20 at 05:15 AM. Reason: links with pricing
asuh88 is offline   Reply With Quote