Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.17, 09:18 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
October 1, 2005 GTG

ok, next gtg is 2 weeks out
Old 2005.09.28, 07:50 PM   #2
arch2b

well, i told everyone 2 weeks out form the last gtg and no one has posted yet.

i'd like to make it an afternoon gtg like last time. it was nice having lots of people to race hopefully chucky can make it this time.....

i look forward to getting a chance to follow you guys around the track again
Old 2005.09.28, 09:07 PM   #3
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

To be fair, I believe you led me in every race where you did not have to stop to work on your son's car. In any case, I should be back for further schooling...I'll confirm closer to race day though.
Old 2005.09.29, 08:56 AM   #4
ccson

Oct 1st GTG

I have some other events planned in the area on Saturday.

However, I should be able to drop by from 1:00-3:00.
I will confirm Saturday morning.

BTW, I got two great deals on an Enzo and F50.
Hopefully, I can get a chance to do some test runs with the RML chassis (F50).
I'm also interested in seeing the Enzo in action.

Time to close the account on the Mini-Z hobby, though.
Old 2005.09.29, 08:20 PM   #5
arch2b

nice so you'll have a laoner for your friend if he shows i think you'll like how the rm handles. i can get my mostly stock rm testarossa going pretty good but my serious speed cars are still the mm.
Old 2005.09.30, 08:36 PM   #6
arch2b

just got off the phone with chucky... he won't make it unless it's a late gtg due to work schedule.

this leads me to ask if sundays would be a better day for the gtg's? we'll stick with sat as a default though.
Old 2005.10.01, 05:24 PM   #7
arch2b

another gtg in the books

ccson has expanded his collection and now runs both and enzo and f50 with a mclaren as backup. both of his cars are well piloted just about all day he was in 1st place.

soyverde repainted his enzo a nice silver. i liked it anyway. it's always amazing to see how fast people improve when they run with faster people as soon as ccson left our laps when down noticeably without the pace setter. it was really fun to see both soyv's and my monsters run around with ccson and my overland. my moster was driven by my cousin who had an off day....

big b fried his overland thats off to the shop for a 1x1 upgrade... his monster lost steering all together, very odd then my monster knuckle broke on him... just one of those days

iam sorry the other guys could not make it. we need to standardize the hours so the everyone can schedule easier and those who do come get a chance to run with all the others who show up. off the top of my head i would say maybe a window from 2-6pm? i nkow this doesn't work out for chucky but i'll have to work on that.

thank you guys for coming to race! it truly is my pleasure to share the fun

i know... i still have video from the last gtg to put up nad i got some good stuff today i'm working on it.
Old 2005.10.01, 11:34 PM   #8
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Arch: Thanks for having us, I definitely feel like I was racing a bit more consistantly today, which translates to a better time for me.

ccson: Sorry for the battering, hopefully all of my paint will come off your cars. A few links to the skeleton chassis I mentioned earlier:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=277&page=3
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...cat=277&page=3

These two go for $14.49 and $16.99, not sure how that compares to the going rate for Hobbytown's tap & die (or dremel & glue) service, but it would almost certainly hold up better in the long run. If you want to see a picture I believe they are the top items on this kyosho page:

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...p_other-j.html

RC Mart has better pictures if you want to see them up close. You may also wish to look for the stock skeleton chassis, as this usually ends up being quite a bit cheaper than the clear ones (it includes less parts). In any case, good luck fixing it.
Old 2005.10.03, 08:58 AM   #9
ccson

Oct 1st GTG

As always, I enjoyed myself at the GTG. Thanks for having us, Arch.

I was surprised at how well the RML F50 handled. Looks like the MM Enzo will have to compete for my approval.

It was fun to trade paint, too. I'm sure I caused as many collisions as anyone else (unintentionally, of course ).

I think I have settled on my lineup of cars. Now I just have to keep them running!

See you guys at the next GTG.
Closed Thread