Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.12.19, 04:14 PM   #16
Lionblade
Honor & a shot of sake.

Send a message via AIM to Lionblade Send a message via MSN to Lionblade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrake Ifry
i race at a track in staten island, called action rc speedway, www.actionrcspeedway.com
and the owner, Al, has 3 tile wide lane width in his track so it helps out a lot with passing. there of course are some people who still bump and run but we usually really bug those people till they learn how to have courtesy.
-Courtesy is such a huge part of passing because if you take the inside on someone and then they decide to not switch their line and hit you instead then the attempt at a pass actually puts you down in the rankings because other people pass you because you just spun out! Generally, we try to encourage newbies to take the outside line and let people pass if they are running faster than them.
-i will tell you that i have noticed some friendly courtesy in racing but also i have noticed some certain people not showing courtesy to some people possibly because they don't like them...which is pretty obvious if in a certain race that person is more than a few laps down!
-imxlr8ed you couldn't of said it better about courteous drivers being faster generally because at the track i goto people mess themselves up more often than none if they haphazardly try to pass someone or block someone's pass!

Well said M, I got loads of courtesy from Al and Sai, even though at the time I was behind them in position. (After about 1 minute in, I got a huge boost in power..) It all stems from respect, really. The only one there with a little mutual rubbing is Joe, but I haven't raced with him since I made the A. But even then, that's not malicious, like some "rivalries" are at our track. We've known each other since the old place had just opened, so we naturally took to arms at each other. The C main and B main guys can get a little territorial though, and I know the feeling.
Lionblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.19, 05:09 PM   #17
michvin

Don't race other guys in qualifiers it's you and the clock
Hold your line, not your lane
Old 2005.12.19, 05:12 PM   #18
gasman1

Send a message via AIM to gasman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
if only everybody understood that! it's that simple
Old 2005.12.19, 05:19 PM   #19
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by michvin
oh, forgot another one - say that hard to pronounce "SORRY" word in case you've just sent someone to the boards!
Old 2005.12.21, 08:29 AM   #20
ccson

Racing Etiquette

Thanks for your wisdom and advice, everyone.
I think I will collect your comments for future reference.

Spoon asked me what I had heard from other racers concerning specific topics:

1. When a racer reaches your inside shoulder on a turn, you should concede the inside line.

2. It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash other racers.

3. When you experience mechanical problems, it is your choice to reenter the race in progress.

4. If you are much slower than the other racers, concede to passing.

Are there any other specific examples?
ccson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.21, 08:40 AM   #21
ccson

Tamiya Guide to Driving

Thanks for the article on passing, Arch.

Attached is a Guide to Driving Tamiya R/C.
I like the content and format and often refer to it when I practice.

However, don't blame Tamiya for the results.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Tamiya Basic Driving Skills.doc (308.0 KB, 16 views)
ccson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.21, 10:23 AM   #22
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccson
Thanks for the article on passing, Arch.

Attached is a Guide to Driving Tamiya R/C.
I like the content and format and often refer to it when I practice.

However, don't blame Tamiya for the results.

That's a pretty good article. I really like the info on cornering. It makes me want to race!
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.21, 01:30 PM   #23
saiyan
BooYa!!

Ya most of the racers at my LHS in the 1:10 should read these articles . When our club races we try and maintain a level of courtiousness while racing. We make it a point not to back up into the track if up against the wall and i know that i and others have taken outside lines to allow faster guys through. I also happen to race with my best friend and sometimes you can't help but do a little rubbin and line holding just to f**k with each other . Sometimes when i'm moving out of the way for the faster car, i accidently get in the way and cause them to slow up a bit. Thankfully the guys i race with in our club are all pretty cool and most are used to racing 1:10 where rudeness and take outs are common so they find it refreshing to race the Z cars. I've learned from 1:10 that you get fast laps if you don't crash, waiting for corner marshals can be an eternity. So i've learned to brake instead of hitting other cars and to be aware of other cars trying to get by me so that i don't get T-boned by a newby coming into the same corner too hot and off race line. I've been in races where i was the slowest car on the field and still won by attrition.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.21, 06:47 PM   #24
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
my opinions

1. When a racer reaches your inside shoulder on a turn, you should concede the inside line.
can't answer meaningfully. when a pack of cars is headed for a turn and everyone wants the inside line, there isn't tiem to take numbers on who was in line first i don't advocate jumping cross track to cut someone off but the first to a certain line essentially has it. if they get passed well, they wern't holding the line well. i'm sure more skilled racers will have much better commetns than i on this question.
2. It is important to acknowledge when you unintentionally bash other racers.
yes, if you smash someone or put them in a wall, simply apologize. it costs nothing and goes a long way in keeping the friendly atmosphere going. you will constanly hear me saying this , my son too. if your just grazing a car or happend to bump, it's parts of racing....
3. When you experience mechanical problems, it is your choice to reenter the race in progress.
yes, re-enter if you can wrench fast no reason to kick someone out for losing a wheel nut or something silly like that. i have yet to see a mini-z race where a car could not re-enter provided the rules for wrenching on the car are followed.
4. If you are much slower than the other racers, concede to passing.
yes, while it is not always easy for lesser skilled driver to do, it is common courtesy to let faster driver pass. you'll find i pull wide alot during races simply because i know you guys are coming up hot and fast behind me.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote