Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2002.12.05, 10:02 PM   #1
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

Thumbs up The ORIGINATOR INNOVATOR of 8 CELL Extreme MOD Mini-Z UNLEASHED!!

**I am relisting this thread again after I was rudely interupted by two individuals... Those who enter my thread and post negativity of envy, will be dealt with the three strikes rule which Russ or other Moderators will enforce... So far, I do not want NOMOTORLIMIT and DOHC to be welcomed to post in my thread due to what happened earlier..

First of all, I am not trying to offend anyone's speed egos in thinking im better than somebodyelse's creation, but to be humble and show the true Mini-Z Insane speed of my 8 cell creation which i got some unexpected help on the electronics modification part from my father who is a true impressive graduated Engineer from the old school to the new school of updated automation technology..

Anyways, I am just very excited right now and just wanted to share how freakin' fast and wheely magic this car does which makes you never want to go back to 4 cell , 5 cell, and etc.. I dont know the times of how fast this sucker is, but its freakin' fast and the fastest Mini-Z out there doing probably atleast 40 - 45 mph or even more on grippy long stretch surface!! In the near future, I will show a video clip on my newly announced:

"USC - Ultimate Speed Conclusion" Mini-Z Dragster by Me and Pops Technology

I thought I loved my 7 cell EPOCH, but now I think I love my Mini-Z's more and more!!! So far I dont have a mini-z body that will not probably fit, but I do have my Tamiya plastic model Supra Turbo body that I plan on using on this application which i will show when i have time to construct it!!

Anyways, tell me what you guys think? For those who still hate on my Mini-Z skills, please dont post any jealous negativity and etc. or try to start forum bashing fights with me..

With the FET technology, I just want to give major props to MR. E for his inspiration.. Thanks dude!!

NOTE FOR THE JEALOUS HATER INDIVIDUAL- Other wannabe's who still have their slower 5 cell Z's think theyre bad cuz they barely reached almost 40mph.. With 8 Cells you'll be doing atleast 45mph and beyond.. Some people just dont realize that theyre simply just old news by now.. And yes, I would race him for 2,000.00 or 3,000.00 or even 50,000.00, but the problem is he is a wannabe disfunctional high roller who is broke as a BUM!! Trust me, i know this idiot!! Like his father, he is the type to wash dishes without dishwashing soap(very true). If i were to obviously beatem, he would be living in a card board box for real trying to offer me my winning installments in foodstamps and chump change!! I would like to bet him 50,OOO.oo (US Dollars) against his crappy 5 cell imagination and take it all!! All he can keep is his toothbrush and toilet paper.. Please show me the money or please shut the f*ck up!! PLease paypal me the 50,000.00 US dollars, (not pesos please) first and i will do the same as well.. Winner has to be refunded their money plus collect their winning by PayPal.. I gaurantee to win!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 641.jpg (324.8 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by solomonZ187; 2002.12.08 at 04:38 AM.
Old 2002.12.05, 10:06 PM   #2
mini-z
Administrator

Absolutely no negative posts to the thread will be tolerated.

s187, looks cool - how does it work though?!
Old 2002.12.05, 10:25 PM   #3
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

This car reminds me of my 1/10 .21 4tec dragsters, but instead mini-z dragster version, in having all out power on demand from lowend to extreme topend.. Run time isnt as great but power is super superb!! This car is meant for all out balls of mini-z speed!! I do notice the motor heating up and thats why i run it conservatively back and forth since I dont think my 130 motor will have a long life, but for the speed, its damn worth it!! I will be soon using a bigger motor with the stock rear end to create a "big bad johnson" lowrider model motor to fit using tape and servo tape along with a 14t to 16t HPI steel pinion gear.. Right now through my great estimation, im look at at 45mph or beyond since i tested it out on a huge clean grippy parking lot this afternoon.. The 8 cell's weight holds the car down and prevents it from crazy spin out and makes it more stable at high speeds.. I will be using my 1/24 th scale supra turbo plastic model body which will fit just right when i get the rear wide diffs and wide wheels.. I may have to extend the h-plate though for a longer wheelbase.. I put this car on E B A Y right now, but im debating if i should sell it or not since im falling in love with this one.. Who knows? if i get an excellent offer , i will let it go..

By the way, here is my Extreme modded 7 Cell Epoch Dragster that inspired it all..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 634.jpg (328.3 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by solomonZ187; 2002.12.05 at 10:27 PM.
Old 2002.12.05, 10:30 PM   #4
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

Just checked / opened up my motor and the brushes did wear out crazily along with the commutator being grooved in already.. Motor inside is alot dirtier.. I guess i got the maximum potential out of this motor.. I think i will truly handwind another motor to a higher winding for more efficiency and see what goes from there.. I guess ill try a slot newly lathed slot car motor commutator since theyre thicker than the regular 130 size..

Last edited by solomonZ187; 2002.12.05 at 10:34 PM.
Old 2002.12.05, 10:34 PM   #5
mini-z
Administrator

But - how does it work, are the 4 cells just in series with the stock 4, or do they enter later in the circuit, or what?
Old 2002.12.05, 10:41 PM   #6
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

I guess you can say that the batteries are just added from where the stock 4 batteries left off from.. i soldered it from the inside to make the continuation totaling 8 cells to equal 10.00 volts since each of my bats are 1.25v of nicad pure freshly charged power.. So far Ive been digitally peak charging the batteries at 4.5 amps just to start out with while monitoring them so they dont get too hot.. Ill try more amps later..
Old 2002.12.05, 10:50 PM   #7
mini-z
Administrator

solomonZ187, are you sure? 4.5A sounds like a recipe for an explosion?!?! And the PCB is taking 8 cells w/ no problems?!?
Old 2002.12.05, 10:56 PM   #8
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

YES!! I dont let it charge til done.. I monitor the batteries and stop charge when the batteries heat up.. When i charge, i take all eight of the batteries and stick them in an 8 pack AAA holder and charge from there.. basically, i dont use aligator clips and charge to the car for the chassis will melt..

Last edited by solomonZ187; 2002.12.05 at 11:13 PM.
Old 2002.12.05, 11:39 PM   #9
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

Here is the 2nd to last generation SUPRA TURBO I will be using.. I just have to extend the wheelbase a little more and get a wider diff and wider wheels all around...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture.jpg (80.0 KB, 100 views)
Old 2002.12.06, 12:14 AM   #10
mini-z
Administrator

Looks like you'll be needing:

http://mini-zracer.com/shop/product.php?pid=372

Old 2002.12.06, 01:24 PM   #11
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

Mini-Z,

Can you please recommend me some wide wheels as well.. Im thinkin of using both to try out plastic and aluminum wide wheels.. Like the type the modena or clk has in width..

If i buy your wide ball diff, is there washers? How does it exactly work on the the diff rod so that there will be no loose play on the rear wheels??
Old 2002.12.06, 02:10 PM   #12
solomonZ187
8 Cell Mini-Z INVENTOR..

Im pretty sure that ill get sick of 8 cells(originally done by me) or even 10 cells later and move on to 12 cells in the near future..

Just so no one tries to copy my idea again, I will also be making a mini-z with just pure Model Rocket Engine power or I'll be experimenting if i will be using a motor as well or just to keep things pure model rocket power.. I dont know how the car will stop yet since that will be in the works, but i do plan on running it on a longstretch parking lot until the model rockets diffuse.. Should be interesting.. I will also be of course using a rear lexan wing to keep it somewhat controllable.. If things dont work, atleast I can say I tried.. Should be very interesting since the Mini-Z's are very light... Itll be like a power to weight ratio with my development of stable controllability...

Last edited by solomonZ187; 2002.12.06 at 02:14 PM.
Old 2002.12.06, 02:32 PM   #13
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Quote:
Originally posted by solomonZ187
Just so no one tries to copy my idea again, I will also be making a mini-z with just pure Model Rocket Engine power or I'll be experimenting if i will be using a motor as well or just to keep things pure model rocket power...
I'd like to see your version, but...
A Rocket-Z concept has been discussed already.
And R/C rocket conversion cars is old hat.
Old 2002.12.06, 04:14 PM   #14
MysterE
www.miniztuner.com

Send a message via AIM to MysterE
Quote:
Originally posted by solomonZ187
Im pretty sure that ill get sick of 8 cells(originally done by me) or even 10 cells later and move on to 12 cells in the near future..

Just so no one tries to copy my idea again, I will also be making a mini-z with just pure Model Rocket Engine power or I'll be experimenting if i will be using a motor as well or just to keep things pure model rocket power..
dude not that I'm hatin' or anything, I actually think your Z looks intimidating but I've thought of the 8-10 cells too several months ago (even ask MiniZ). MiniZ even has an NSX that also uses 8 cell. I know that you know a lot about RC and I respect that, I just want you to know that some people may have thought about it too (even before me!) Just so everybody knows, I'm also in the works of making a NOS style circuit / 8-10 cell for MiniZ. Anyone can try it but I just wanted to let everyone know so that people wouldn't think that I copied.

Like I said I'm not hatin' and I ain't got beef with you just because I know NML. But I just wanted you to know some people have tried and thought about 8-10 cell.

nice epoch, btw!
Old 2002.12.06, 04:24 PM   #15
Chezedog

Send a message via AIM to Chezedog
That was humble ?