Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.08.08, 07:29 PM   #1
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Mini-Diablo

So, I think we should or someone should talk to Jim and Vicki about hosting a Saturday race.

With a little tweaking of the track room I think we could make the track just a bit bigger and gain some Pit space.

Maybe we could sacrafice a night of Thursday racing or have a mandatory Saturday workday to complete the project.

Some one could line up some sponsors for some free door prizes, tires, bearings, T Plates, wheels nuts, an autoscale or two. Just some basics, everyones a winner with free door prizes.

If we charged lets say a $50.00 entry fee for as many classes as you can run Stock, Lemans, F-1, and Mod? If we had 20 entries that would be a thousand bucks. The shop could pocket half not bad! The other half could go towards gift certificates to Highspeed for the 1, 2, 3 maybe even fourth place finishers of the A and B main. May be even a prize for the best sport of the day.

This way everyone would have a shot at winning some of there entry fee back, for the shop it would be win, win because they the prize winnings would be spent at the shop.

Depending on how many classes we ran this could be a 2 dayer or a long all dayer.

Well just me rambling, if anything maybe this will get some discusion going.

Jay
cosmicsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.08, 08:43 PM   #2
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

well i cant help with the planning are setup(due to location) but you can count me in for sure to race. and im sure i can get a few others from myrtle beach up that way.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.09, 08:30 AM   #3
pick
Village Idiot

Mini Diablo it is!!

Jay,

I spoke with Vicki Thursday night and she said they are willing to sponsor the race. I recommended a Friday afternoon/night setup with some test and tune afterwards. We could do an all day event on Saturday and either tear down after or on Sunday after church. I've already volunteered my help for the setup and tear down. For convenience to HSH and everyone helping, I think it would be better to do all events in one day if possible. Most people can get away from normal responsibilities for one day easily, two days may be a stretch for some. For those traveling to race, they could still run on both Friday after setup and all day Saturday. The biggest concern is the lack of pit space for racers. If we have between 30-40 racers, things will definitely be tight. We all need to get together and look at the amount of space available at HSH. However, Vicki said they would be willing to sponsor an event at a different location too. I personally think it would be much more beneficial to HSH to have it at HSH. We've just got to figure out a layout . Also, a $50 entry may be a little steep.

James

P.S. I'll bring the disco ball for the Friday night DANCE OFF !!
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.09, 10:57 AM   #4
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Count me in of course...
I think it would be best to hold it at HSH too. We would definately be short of pit space but I think we could squeeze in. I would think the consignment table up front and a few other areas could be cleared.
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.09, 05:52 PM   #5
B-main
previously spakey

ive got the green light from my ole lady .im in

let's go racing
B-main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.10, 09:54 AM   #6
kwsmith29

You guys know I'm in. I might be able to secure a location also. I'll check on it today. But, I do agree with James it would be best to have it at the hobby shop.
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.10, 11:35 AM   #7
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i noticed Jay did not mention a pan class. do you guys not run that class much? i would like to run that as well if possible. just a thought.
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.10, 12:02 PM   #8
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Last time I ran with those guys pan cars are only allowed in mod. Touring cars only in stock, so no LM bodies either.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.10, 07:06 PM   #9
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Classes

We have been running an LM class Lemans bodies only, we may run a Pan Mod class you could run anything in as long as it is a Pan body, ASC or GT stock class and open F-1.

Let me mention that I am not the leader or organizer of this event by any means. It is a group effort, so I vote for Pedro to post some rules and classes.

I guess we need a date as well. And if Vicki has agreed to host at Highspeed we should probably start working on logistics of pit space.

The wall at the left side of the track room can accomodate 8 to nine people, if we move the bottom shelves up we can push those tables all the way to the wall. If we replicated the formentioned on the back wall adjacent the left wall we could buy 8 to 9 more spots. If we pushed nine tables to the right against the fuel shelves and moved the rolling racks out of the way temporarly we could probably gain another 8 to nine seats. If we need any more room Pedro mentioned the consignment table in the middle of the store.

With a little work we could have plenty of pit space and increase the size of the track a bit.

I think our racers have enough transponders amongst our selfs to have loners for visitors like Landon has at the MB events.

A 10 dollar per class entry fee would problably be reasonable for an entry fee. I think it would be great for the Hobby shop to make a few dollars for there efforts!

It would be great if we could get some sponsors so we could have door prizes that would be great, if not oh well.

I think we could make up some certificates for prizes and that would be sufficient.

So somebody chime in and let's get this thing solidified!!!!!!

Who's going to do what and when? Unfortunately I will not be able to make it for the next 2 weeks (Dance recital and business trip) how convienient I know.

Well the ball is in your court.

Jay
Old 2009.08.10, 09:25 PM   #10
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Dance Recital! You are serious about taking the Disco Prize from James!

I can work out the rules and classes basically starting with what James posted a while back with some additions (LM class) and tweaking. I will post so we can discuss and approve. We need to clarify some of our rules for regular running anyway.

Getting a date that works for the majority will be the biggest hurdle, with kids starting school and extracurriculars etc...

Are there enough AMB's to loan? Depending on turnout this could be a problem since they are so expensive. Does the shop have any?
pedrocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.10, 10:00 PM   #11
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

Transponders

I have four one is soldered to my F-1 and the others are set up to be mounted to the to the battery terminals I cut the O connectors to C connectors so you don't have to completely unscrew the battery connectors to connect them.

I wonder how many transponders we would need to have as loaners to run things.

I wonder how many Landon needed for there races?

Jay
Old 2009.08.10, 10:31 PM   #12
Ed Roberts

I would like to run 2wd mod, mod pan, and maybe stock pan. If no stock pan I would run 2wd stock. Whatever classes you run count me in.
Old 2009.08.11, 07:13 AM   #13
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ How hard is it to move on of those transponders from car to car? With GiroZ its pretty easy, so all you need to have is enough loaners for one heat. If youve got two heats wirth, itll make it a lot faster when it comes to swapping them out between races.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 08:03 AM   #14
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

They would move from car to car the same way that the Giro does. However, the AMB with case removed is probably five times larger than the Giro. With the case on the size difference is even more significant. The AMB units have a couple of different plug configurations which would further complicate the issue. It is very possible to do it though. There are some other options available.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.11, 10:18 AM   #15
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

What other options

What other options are you talking about?
We could use core but no one knows how to run the stinking thing. I can half way use the flipside software but it won't sort the races. I guess we could do that manually.

I could install some JR plugs to 3 of my transponders and make some pigtails. I may have enough parts to make about five. Or we could install some of those giro z male plugs on a few transponders and plug them into the ICS port on the 2.4 cars. I don't think this will work for the F-1's though.

Jay