Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.12.12, 01:55 PM   #16
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicBytes View Post
To upgrade from .33 to .34 do you only need to copy over the FlipSideDB to retain the Tags that are allready scanned in?
Yes, you will want to copy that file to retain any racer info including races themselves and you will also want to copy the preferences.xml file.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.12, 03:01 PM   #17
Pierro

Hello!

Version .34 succesfully tested today! All cars ran fine and no problems of false count in the software.

It seams you have found the bug by yourself. We must keep testing all fonctions and mode of the software and we'll let you know the bug we may have.

During the week, Fred will also try you programming software with some tags he has got. I'll let you know how it will turn out.

Thanks again for this superb software.
Pierro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.12.31, 02:51 AM   #18
Pierro

Hello!

Some more testing later...
We really love your soft!!

The programming of new tags works very well. We even found out the kyosho one was one onf the worst to be detected. (at least when you put it on another location than the bottom of the chassis)

About the race soft, we think that adding the possibility to check all the times per lap during the race would be cool.
We changed the voice setting to get it in French. There is still some minor spelling bugs but it works pretty well.
Old 2009.12.31, 07:21 AM   #19
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierro View Post
About the race soft, we think that adding the possibility to check all the times per lap during the race would be cool.
you can do this under the statistics, use the pull down on the upper left to select "by lap time" then you can select the racer and is shows their individual lap times. you can also see them by generating the race report.
Old 2009.12.31, 10:26 AM   #20
Pierro

Yes, we use that function. I mean, during the race in fact.
Old 2009.12.31, 10:41 AM   #21
pinwc4

briankstan is correct for after races, but for during the race I do not have that feature.

You can look at the graphs during the race but if you click any of the tables it does not show the results for the race in progress. You can watch the "Time Per Lap" graph during the race but again it is a graph and not a table of specific times.

I will have to think about this one, maybe there would be an easy way to add this but I am not sure. Right now when you select race names and individual racers it pulls that info from the database, but a running race is not in the database yet to query.

Oh and as for French speech that is very interesting. If you have created an alternative language.xml I would appreciate it if you sent it to me so I can include it with the program for other people.
Old 2010.01.01, 05:19 PM   #22
Pierro

Thanks for your comments.

I'll try to get the file that Fred converted and mail it to you.
By the way, the possibility of checking the time per lap would be usefull on a free practice with no time limit. As we run most of the time with free practice and it's easier to set up your car when you can try something, make a few laps, see the time result, change another point, make a few lap, etc...

Also, one feature we really love on your soft is the personnal best lap annoucement. Really cool to be able to know if you beated your personnal best lap without need to go and check the screen.
Old 2010.01.01, 05:56 PM   #23
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierro View Post
Thanks for your comments.

I'll try to get the file that Fred converted and mail it to you.
By the way, the possibility of checking the time per lap would be usefull on a free practice with no time limit. As we run most of the time with free practice and it's easier to set up your car when you can try something, make a few laps, see the time result, change another point, make a few lap, etc...

Also, one feature we really love on your soft is the personnal best lap annoucement. Really cool to be able to know if you beated your personnal best lap without need to go and check the screen.
Thanks

While I do not have the ability to look at individual lap times during the race for practice there is already a feature built in that you may find useful.

On the race config page you can change the lap indication. By default it will beep each time a racer gets a lap. You can change to instead call out each lap time. Or my favorite is to change it to call out the difference between your current lap and your best lap.

In this mode it will announce when you get a new best lap and then if the next lap is slower it will say something like .2 if your next lap is .2 seconds slower. This is really usefull when practicing as you can take your car off the track, tweak things and immediately get feedback about the difference, or you can try different lines around the track and hear how much slower or faster they are.

Now if have you quite a few cars on the track this is not useful as all the speech gets jumbled together but for practicing it is useful.

Last edited by pinwc4; 2010.01.01 at 06:01 PM.
Old 2010.01.01, 07:39 PM   #24
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Any luck with getting together a workable tutorial for us old guys?
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.01, 09:35 PM   #25
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Any luck with getting together a workable tutorial for us old guys?
Sorry to say that documentation is still very lacking. I plan on this being a priority after I polish up the Linux version. I got a netbook for Christmas so this is my next goal now.

Now most of the controls have help tags so if you put your mouse cursor over some setting you are curious about it should pop up a small description. It is not a substitute for good documentation but it is all I have so far.
Old 2010.01.01, 09:39 PM   #26
pinwc4

UPDATED 1/1/2010 with new build

A test version of 0.34 is available for download here for Windows:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/downlo...aceWin-441.zip

The Mac version is available here:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/downlo...aceOSX-441.zip

The utility to initialize generic RFID tags in Windows is here:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/downlo...hoRFIDInit.zip

For Mac it is here:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/downlo...IDInit-OSX.zip

This will hopefully be the final test build for version .34

The scan buttons have been removed when using Kyosho hardware now as they were made with the Core hardware in mind. Instead if you are on the select racers screen and you drive a car over the finish line it will be added to the selected racers automatically no scanning needed.

Other small changes included additional help tags for controls, text rearranged on the front page and dNaNo and 1:43 scales were added to the edit racers screen.