Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2020.02.03, 04:56 PM   #76
mugler

Pleasantly Surprised By Season 29's first round results Reveal, 9 communities, 57 racers, 3 Countries ! including Ashford in UK which I was told were participants in the first season of HFAY? if true wow and welcome back !

Nice competition taking place throughout the rankings with impressive top of the Chart # of laps being registered. Season 29 is sure to bring joyous mini-z action to lots of living rooms, garages & of course RC specific venues !

Last edited by mugler; 2020.02.03 at 05:06 PM.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.04, 01:34 PM   #77
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I no longer see options for sorting round results and they do not appear to be in sequential order by lap count?

Any way to add social media share buttons for round results same standings?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.04, 01:41 PM   #78
briankstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
I no longer see options for sorting round results and they do not appear to be in sequential order by lap count?

Any way to add social media share buttons for round results same standings?
under "Championship Rounds" you should have a sort button at the top that toggles between ALL, Open, and Racer.

Mine are sorted by lap counts.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rounds Capture.JPG (81.3 KB, 55 views)
Old 2020.02.04, 05:49 PM   #79
arch2b

Apologies, not concerned with sorting by class. I was viewing on iPad and it was not sorting by laps.
Old 2020.02.11, 08:19 AM   #80
arch2b

Tthoughts on track #13? Not one of our favorites. For whatever reason, I simply did poorly this outing. Never seemed to settle down into a rhythm on this layout. I suspect we have one driver that will place top 10 but the rest will be in 20-30 range.

Perhaps best to start new threads for each track layout?
Old 2020.02.11, 09:41 AM   #81
briankstan

Quote:
Tthoughts on track #13? Not one of our favorites. For whatever reason, I simply did poorly this outing. Never seemed to settle down into a rhythm on this layout. I suspect we have one driver that will place top 10 but the rest will be in 20-30 range.

Perhaps best to start new threads for each track layout?
that's funny track 13 is one of my favorites. It has a fast line that is risky or a slower line that is safer, it's the point right before you enter the straight.
Old 2020.02.12, 12:37 PM   #82
mtse0

We have not ran the race yet but I have practiced on it a couple times, race is tomorrow. I do like this track, It is fast enough to be fun but technical enough to be challenging while running the fastest line. I have noticed about a 0.3sec difference in lap times between taking the easy safe route and the fastest line. I will be taking the fast line and hope that I can limit the amount of corner bumps.
mtse0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.15, 05:29 PM   #83
mtse0

Has a different scoring method ever been discussed. I was thinking that using amount of laps completed during the 8 minute race as the points instead of the current points system. That would make for more of an advantage for somebody that beats the person below them by a significant lap count.

For instance say the person in 4th place runs 105 laps and the person in 5th place runs 102 laps, now the 4th place person has gained 3 points over the 5th ace person instead of just 1.
Old 2020.02.16, 06:53 AM   #84
byebye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtse0 View Post
Has a different scoring method ever been discussed. I was thinking that using amount of laps completed during the 8 minute race as the points instead of the current points system. That would make for more of an advantage for somebody that beats the person below them by a significant lap count.

For instance say the person in 4th place runs 105 laps and the person in 5th place runs 102 laps, now the 4th place person has gained 3 points over the 5th ace person instead of just 1.
That's an interesting suggestion.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.16, 09:35 AM   #85
arch2b

It would also mean putting yourself out of contention possible with one bad turnout. kind of moral busting to drop 20 points from your next contender with a bad outing, mush less more than one bad outing. those at the top quickly become unreachable by those below, so how much motivation to you garner and maintain when those even a couple spots above you are at a near insurmountable gap? I just see a lot of people dropping off when that happen. I see people drop out of a race when they feel there out of contention... this would only exacerbate that problem, on a larger scale.
Old 2020.02.16, 12:26 PM   #86
byebye

Quote:
It would also mean putting yourself out of contention possible with one bad turnout. kind of moral busting to drop 20 points from your next contender with a bad outing, mush less more than one bad outing. those at the top quickly become unreachable by those below, so how much motivation to you garner and maintain when those even a couple spots above you are at a near insurmountable gap? I just see a lot of people dropping off when that happen. I see people drop out of a race when they feel there out of contention... this would only exacerbate that problem, on a larger scale.
Very good point. It's easy enough to look back at the finishes from previous seasons to see just how far that gap would really go.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.16, 11:06 PM   #87
mtse0

NewScore.JPG

I ran through the numbers for the top 15 finishers from last season. I put them into a spreadsheet and added all the laps ran together and dropped the two lowest lap races. The results were pretty surprising to me. There was not any changes to the top 10 but the last 5 racers were mixed up pretty good. I do not think the numbers were so skewed that people would be discouraged. Once good race from yourself and a poor race from the guy ahead of you could easily make up the margin in most of the places.

The attachment shows the numbers. The order has been sorted to show what the order would be if we used laps as points. The second column shows where the drivers actually finished in season 28, the 3rd column shows that actual points from season 28. The last column shows all of the drivers laps for the racer class with the lowest 2 lap results dropped.

The gap as you can see is only slightly larger than the gap from the current scoring method. But I would argue that if you are 10 points behind coming into the last month in the current scoring system I would not feel like I have much of a chance, but if I were 10 laps behind in the laps based scoring system I feel like I have a better chance with a good run.

I am really just trying to create a discussion here. Something interesting to talk about. I do like my idea to though...lol.

Last edited by mtse0; 2020.02.16 at 11:16 PM.
Old 2020.02.17, 07:24 AM   #88
arch2b

I like a good discussion! See my other thread on debate on modified board in stock class... There is always room for improvement and never hurts to discuss potential better ways to do things.

Iíve used the points by lap count format before and it only lead to decline in participation due to the points spread. When your chances are based on assumptions, that generally doesnít bode well for anyone. Iím sure there are literally dozens of ways points can be allocated and Iím sure they all have their faults. Simply need to find the best fit for HFAY. Anyone have experience with other formats that can share/explain them?
Old 2020.02.18, 02:26 AM   #89
BladeSling

I'm not familiar with other scoring methods. Just happy to see me in the top 10 of this new suggested format :-p

To keep things close at our club we do our own scoring. We use the HFAY scoring method but don't include any of the national racers. It does lead to situations where I get first locally and 10 nationally where another member gets 2nd locally but 9th nationally. But it really heats up the local races because they stay close. We have to remind each other that our competition is national and to work together and let each other pass.

We are also shooting for the 100 laps club which is driving us all crazy seeing you all do it so consistently. We are getting closer every season though. Tonight we raced and I came as close as I ever have.
BladeSling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.02.18, 03:19 AM   #90
BladeSling

Posting Update! After uploading a CSV you can now adjust the results before posting them.

Also you can now also add NLT Tags to your results. You can learn more about NLT Tags here: https://nextleveltiming.com/support/nlt-tags. I haven't changed the CSV formats to support them yet as I'm hesitant to modify those without a discussion.

Last but not least, Next Level Timing PRO was released today! It is a early access subscription for racers that is going to be the focus of Next Level Timing throughout 2020 and beyond. Since it is so early access there is only one feature available today, a racer profile. When races results include your NLT Tag they will be associated to your profile. You can see my profile here: https://nextleveltiming.com/profiles/1.
BladeSling is online now   Reply With Quote