Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.01.30, 02:12 PM   #1
xphyle

Iwaver line of alloy parts? When?

Davemud mentioned in another posting that Iwaver will be releasing a line of alloy parts for the 02 and 04. When can we expect to see them? Davemud? Anyone?

Thanks!

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.31, 02:58 AM   #2
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xphyle
Davemud mentioned in another posting that Iwaver will be releasing a line of alloy parts for the 02 and 04. When can we expect to see them? Davemud? Anyone?

Thanks!

Xphyle
Just buy Mini-Z alloy parts, the Iwavers are copies, so there shouldn't be any compatability issues.

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.31, 10:45 AM   #3
solartech
r/c user

I would assume they would be cheap!
solartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.31, 11:57 AM   #4
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
the only difference would be the way that the 04 mounts comapred to the Kyosho mini Monster, then again that may be debatable as well and intechangeable, who knows
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.31, 01:46 PM   #5
razzor

coming soon to a Iwaver dealer near you !!!
Ally hop ups and accessories for the IW02/04.

IW02

02 Stanless King Pin

02 Front Knuckle Arm Set

02 Battery Heat Sink

02 Front Bulkhead

02 Steering Plate (no. 1-3)

02 Triangle Mount

02 RM Motor Mount

02 MM Motor Mount

02 Diff. Gear Protector (for 0Rl.)

02 Ally oil damper

IW04

04 Titanium Diff. Gear Shaft. MMW03

04 Front Shock Stay MMW09

04 Under Guard MMW07

04 Rear Shock Stay MMW10

04 Wheelie Bar MMW08

04 Steering Plate (no. 0,1,2)

04 Battery Heat Sink Mount

04 Front Knuckle Arm set

04 Rear Heat Sink for Motor

04 Al Wheel (Gun Metallic) MMH10GM

new models in the pipeline for release around April is the IW03 - improved/new version of IW02 and IW05 - Improved /new vesion of IW04 possibly 4wd.
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.01.31, 01:54 PM   #6
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
...new models in the pipeline for release around April is the IW03 - improved/new version of IW02 and IW05 - Improved /new vesion of IW04 possibly 4wd.
that is one of the frustrating things about iwaver thus far.... the release something then randomly rerelease an improved version with no real notice etc. look at the confusion as to which pcb is in what. i would be pissed to spend even $70 only to learn the next week they included an upgraded pcb.... i't great to know they are trying to improve though. when they get it right., then i'll buy. until then $70 is even a little to much for me to dump into something that will only get revised a few weeks/months later. it's a consistency issue for me i guess.

i wonder if they are actually having their own parts made or just rebranding gpm like so many other companies?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.02.01, 12:16 PM   #7
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
new models in the pipeline for release around April is the IW03 - improved/new version of IW02 and IW05 - Improved /new vesion of IW04 possibly 4wd.
Seeing is believing
I heard the IW01 was an improvement of the MR-01 and all I read on this Forum is complaints about quality
The same applies to the IW04, Members complain about the quality of the materials (plastic) and there are no improvements over the Kyosho product except the cheaper price, but then again, you get exactly what you pay for....
I doubt Iwaver will release a 4x4 IW04 and if they do, it will be rebrand/copy of someone else's product. These guys are not innovators, they're nothing more than replicators.

Edit: Guaranteed I've started something BIG off here with my comments. I cannot wait for the reaction to my cold facts

The UberMod is back in town...

Last edited by Mondo; 2005.02.01 at 12:21 PM.
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.02.01, 03:13 PM   #8
bennyfizzle
Jim apexes like poop

Send a message via AIM to bennyfizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by solartech
I would assume they would be cheap!
wutta you care lol, you dont count laps as is, let alone MORE alloy lol

edit: talking about the pot and the kettle lol
bennyfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.02.01, 08:23 PM   #9
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

What's that old saying?............ "Opinions are like...................everybody has one or knows one............Live and let live............whatever twirls your world..............different strokes for................champaigne tastes and budweiser budget..............."

Pick one that works for you, and "that's the bottom line........"
Old 2005.02.01, 08:28 PM   #10
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo
Seeing is believing
I heard the IW01 was an improvement of the MR-01 and all I read on this Forum is complaints about quality
The same applies to the IW04, Members complain about the quality of the materials (plastic) and there are no improvements over the Kyosho product except the cheaper price, but then again, you get exactly what you pay for....
I doubt Iwaver will release a 4x4 IW04 and if they do, it will be rebrand/copy of someone else's product. These guys are not innovators, they're nothing more than replicators.

Edit: Guaranteed I've started something BIG off here with my comments. I cannot wait for the reaction to my cold facts
I agree with you thus far... Iwaver has not done anything 'original' besides the GT40/Carrera GT bodies and IW04 body/mounting system. Just about everything else is a cheaper replication of Kyosho products. I am still interested in seeing what they come out with for the 03 and 05. If they are truly new designs, and if they have increased quality control.

I would be willing to try Iwaver again, if I know that their products are better made, and wont need a major overhaul right out of the box.
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.02.03, 12:14 PM   #11
easy

Good ol' mondo, always coming in here and picking fights. Why don't you go see if you can run another toddler down in your neighbourhood with your nitro truck?

Who is to say GPM doesn't make Kyosho parts too? One company can make many different versions of a product and either sell it under different names or to different companies.

It's common practice really. I've seen it with most of the biggest brand names in the high performance bicycle industry and RC isn't just a mirror industry of the bike industry in nature a lot of bike companies make toys too. Like it or not whether its a Nitro T-Maxx, Kyosho Mini-Z or RS Zip Zap all RC cars are classified as toys in general industry and commerce... hobby class just means they are toys for adults.

Iwaver's quality has improved over time and its hardly uncommon for companies in every industry to improve next year's model and/or to correct problems during a production year. I agree its annoying that Iwaver does have QC issues with each new release and that some info has been confusing but I still think they are worth the money.

According to my source the 05 won't be 4WD but it may come in a later model. When it does who cares if it is a copy of another truck? The manufacturing company is entitled to sell product under as many brand names or to as many customers as they want.

No one here has ever shown verifiable evidence that Kyosho owns the Mini-Z designs nor have they shown verifiable evidence Kyosho owns any patents let alone international patents on their Z cars. There is also no verifiable eveidence that Iwaver and Kyosho are not the same company. They only thing we can verify is that sales of Z class cars and parts have increased and that is a benefit to Kyosho.

Another thing, no one has ever shown any verifiable eveidence that Iwavers are not licensed by the original designer of the Mini-z cars. Everyone who has ever said the Iwavers are clones or illegal copies is only assuming that noone knows for sure. There is however some indication this is not the case. Why would Kyosho allow shops like the store here to sell Iwavers along side their original product if:

1. The Iwavers are illegal copies of the Kyosho product.
2. Kyosho had any say in what Iwaver does?

Sorry but if Iwavers were unauthorised copies of Kyosho products and Kyosho had any say in where or how Iwavers are sold and they saw Iwavers as a threat Kyosho would not allow Iwaver product to be sold along side their product. Mondo as usual your "facts" are opinions at best.

If Kyosho were doing a better job of adding features people want and had been more reasonable with their pricing there may not have been any room in the market for Iwaver. When you guys paid full pop for Kyoshos and then see tower selling them for under 100.00... 65.00 in the case of the OL with coupon I don't know how you can't help but feel ripped off by Kyoshso. That would annoy me more than seeing an improved model released a few months after I bought mine. Kyosho has gouged its customers for years with the Mini-Z if the only thing Iwaver ends up doing is forcing Kyosho to lower its prices Kyoshophiles like mondo should be greatful to Iwaver not hateful.

As I've said before there is hardly anything innovative about the mini-z cars anyway. They are just scaled down designs that have existed for many years. Mondo revising this argument with his so called facts brings up this thought for me:

I wonder why no one ever complains about the VMG being a clone of the Atech Bison/Leo-X? or are they a clone of the Schumacher? or are those trucks clones of the VMG? What about the Trinity Itsy Bitsy and RC18T? Is one a clone or a copy of the other because they really are not significantly different except for the fact that Trinity shipped our LHS 10 defective Spyders and then replaced them with 10 defective spyders... just in case you were thinking Iwaver is the only company who has quality control problems in RC.

davemud

SSMT143 crawlers, the OL killers at 1/3 the price.

Last edited by easy; 2005.02.03 at 12:29 PM. Reason: spelling
easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.02.03, 12:33 PM   #12
arch2b

easy,
hehe, take it easy a bit we all agree iwavers are worth the cost. i don't think anyone disputes that.

as far as rebranding goes, it would be nice to see new products as opossed to just having rebranded gpm. essentially, if iwaver does that they will just be replacing powerline which didn't last long doing the same. the reason i was hoping to see something new is that gpm often engineers into it's parts proprietary use of other parts which is what i am hoping is not the case with the iwaver alloy parts.

as far as the legality, i think that's a dead issue. considering the ditribution network that iwaver has solicited and acheived, this leaves little room for such arguments.

as far as quality, it can only get better is the natural/logical conclusion. my only beef has been the relative vagueness with which they have dispersed information and given for currently sold products. this to will surely get better, atleast if it wants to build any kind of reputation it will.

i personally don't care if they replicate existing mini-z models or strive to make new ones. either way the price point will only help draw peopl into the scale and mini-z related products/development. and i for one am happy to see something that can now be easily argued to be the better buy compared to the xmod at the same relative price range.

i WAS hoping to see the 03 being the overland though....

ok, back to topic... has anyone seen these parts or exactly what they offer yet?
Old 2005.02.03, 01:00 PM   #13
TNB
Pet Human

Did I miss it or did no one answer the original question?

Why can't people just think of these "toys" sort of like full size cars? After all, there are various automobile manufacturers in the world with various models with parts obtained from various nations. On the other hand, perhaps they do since some people will argue one brand over another even when some companies have joint ventures and buy and/or sell name brands to another entity.

Regarding arguments about other R/C scale size cars being clones, I have read those arguments too. It's just that most of the pathetic arguments on this fourm are between Iwaver owners and Kyosho owners instead of other scale size cars and brands. Quite frankly, to each their own to suit their own budget since the MNC manufacturing the product probably doesn't care much about the few members who actually post on this forum if they can sell the product elsewhere. Myself, I'd rather freaking race a damn R/C instead of spending time arguing about what "toy" may be better or not.
Old 2005.02.03, 01:24 PM   #14
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNB
....Regarding arguments about other R/C scale size cars being clones, I have read those arguments too. It's just that most of the pathetic arguments on this fourm are between Iwaver owners and Kyosho owners instead of other scale size cars and brands..... Myself, I'd rather freaking race a damn R/C instead of spending time arguing about what "toy" may be better or not.
i think you'll find debate in every forum on just about every topic though. this is not something unique to us. and for the most part we or i don't sit around waiting to argue wither. i actually dont' do much waiting around to begin with.

by nature a forum will draw out debates. essentially that along with information dissemination and forstering a sense of community is the purpose of a forum. while alot of the arguing tends to be over friveless issues such as the legality of clones, it's a natural part of the forum and like a bad radio or tv station, everyone is free to not read it. there are plenty other great contributions exhibited on the forum that make it worth while inluding your input and images. forums, message boards and blogs are the new phone tree and will continue to grow as a means of developing virtual communities with common interests. some may not care for them but i happen to think they are offer a vast potential to expand the average persons understanding of the global community in which our common interest lay. there is a big world outside of the lhs, club or association. forums are a great way to expereince it. it just so happens you find the same kind of bickering on forums as you would at any lhs, club or association. it's like office politics... no matter where you go, it's always there in some fashion
Old 2005.02.03, 01:33 PM   #15
ruknd@aol.com
fast and out of control

Send a message via AIM to ruknd@aol.com
TNB..i fully agree I'd rather race then argue about blah blah blah....(but I'd rather debate blah blah blah instead of doing work ).

Anyway, without full knowledge of what patents K holds for the mini-z we are speculating as to IW being an illegal clone...frankly if it was, K would have filed for a protective stay in their sale and distribution espacially in the US ( I dont know the foreign laws too well).

And yes...the itsy bitsy spider is remarkably like the A teams 1:18...but liek lots of trinity products there are issues with quality. Much like their new 3600 matched sub c's....I'm still sticking to ORION matched 3300s...

I also can't see who IW would copy a 4WD design from...x-mods? DTM? it will be interesting...
ruknd@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote