Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2020.01.29, 11:35 AM   #16
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
I noticed they referred to the 4Runner as 1:24.
Yes, Jimny 1:18 and 4 Runner 1:24. The Mini-z version/model/bodies are the same size. It's the 1:1 scale that is different, so hence the scale difference. I can see it being confusing to the average person. Usually when the model is the same size, they just call it one scale. I have some overland and Mini-monster bodies here. Will experiment when my trucks arrive.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2020.01.29 at 11:47 AM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.01.29, 12:18 PM   #17
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
The bodies then are not a single scale i take it and are simply scaled to fit a specific chassis with fixed wheelbase variables. This means various bodies are not morphed/scaled like Autoscales to approximate same scale. This doesnít bother me really but might look odd having a much larger scale looking Jimny running next to what looks like a smaller scale 4Runner. No different really than the 300C running with a Mustang Autoscale, both are morphed scaled bodies that look awkward when right next to each other.

Having only raced mini-z and only this scale, i donít have nor would i want to have multiple radios to care for. Seems needlessly unorganized when they already have an existing ecosystem that addresses this need. Just hope that in time an upgraded version is released like they tend to do with everything else. MA series got EVO before FWD for example. Buggy just got brushless and have to imagine they are on similar paths. I donít know why Kyosho seems to struggle so much with consistency, even within the same product lineup. From an end user standpoint, itís just frustrating.

who am i kidding though, I know Iím going to end up with these and canít wait to dig into even more custom paint jobs, accessories, etc. The accessories boom for the Overland series was some of my most experimental craftwork and had so much fun making all that stuff. I know there is a good following for hyper detailed trail trucks and lots of work put into them.

Canít wait to see what you think of them and what they can do. Should prove lots of fun. Who knows, maybe Iíll end up racing these as well . if you can make a clas out of overlands, not to much of a stretch for these.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.01.29, 12:21 PM   #18
SuperFly
bitPimp

Arch2B, have you checked out Orlandoo 1:35 4x4?

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.01.29, 12:59 PM   #19
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

With the chassis being 1:24th and the Overland being 1:27th, not confident the Overland bodies are going to fit. You would need to mount the body on top of the front frame and bumpers. Will look odd.

I believe Kyosho America is working on their site now and should have additional details posted soon.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2020.01.29 at 01:03 PM.
Old 2020.01.29, 01:33 PM   #20
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Was told that 1/24 scale plastic model bodies will fit this crawler. Will be fun for those that like to mod to pick up some model kits from other truck manufacturers and mount to this chassis.

Here is link to detailed info.

https://rc.kyosho.com/en/miniz4x4-4runner/

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2020.01.29 at 01:50 PM.
Old 2020.01.29, 02:04 PM   #21
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly View Post
Arch2B, have you checked out Orlandoo 1:35 4x4?
⬆️
Good point or from the biggest name in RC crawlers the Axial SCX24 at only 110 bucks RTR exact same size as Kyosho's...curious to see the price on this thing.

I firmly believe for everyone who already owns a currently sold mini-z product next gen MF-020 F1 would have been more Epic by a long mile as far as likelihood of purchase.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.01.29, 03:28 PM   #22
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugler View Post
⬆️
Good point or from the biggest name in RC crawlers the Axial SCX24 at only 110 bucks RTR exact same size as Kyosho's...curious to see the price on this thing.

I firmly believe for everyone who already owns a currently sold mini-z product next gen MF-020 F1 would have been more Epic by a long mile as far as likelihood of purchase.

I too would love to see next gen F1 series. Who knows, maybe it's already in the making.
Old 2020.01.29, 03:30 PM   #23
arch2b

A very valid point on pricing. If history carries any weight, Kyosho and the premium they carry will simply price themselves out of the market. This is simply speculation without knowing what intended pricing is to be. I know nothing of crawling market, suffice to say there seem to be a large number of products in this segment already and well, most are significantly cheaper than a typical Mini-Z. I only had a truck because of Overlands, Monsters, etc. Never ventured outside the Mini-Z eco system.
Old 2020.01.29, 03:51 PM   #24
SuperFly
bitPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
A very valid point on pricing. If history carries any weight, Kyosho and the premium they carry will simply price themselves out of the market. This is simply speculation without knowing what intended pricing is to be. I know nothing of crawling market, suffice to say there seem to be a large number of products in this segment already and well, most are significantly cheaper than a typical Mini-Z. I only had a truck because of Overlands, Monsters, etc. Never ventured outside the Mini-Z eco system.
I've stuck a toe in the crawling world, and IMO basically divides into two parts: competitive crawlers and "scalers", or scale 4x4. Scalers tend to focus on scale realism, and lots of accessorizing. Lots of love for classic and semi-classic off-road vehicles, Blazers, Broncos, Jeeps, Unimogs, Mitsubishi, Land Rovers, etc. I can see a market for Autoscale bodies in this realm, as most of the other players are either really expensive, or lexan wannabe.

mini-z gallery

PDX Mini-Z
SuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.01.29, 07:58 PM   #25
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
The market is saturated with micro crawlers. Many at less cost then Kyosho products. Quality is still higher for the Kyosho's line of products in my opinion.
I've been following the Crawler sites since Kyosho launched this morning. Hard to convert a 1/10th scale scaler to 1/24th Kyosho. There are always haters out there, no mater what comes out in the RC world. There biggest complaint is the AAA batteries. They just don't have the knowledge of racing HV AAA cells a lot of racers typically use today. They believe the only option is the batteries we typically install in our kids toys.
Old 2020.01.29, 08:16 PM   #26
arch2b

The AAA issue has been less a problem for me in a retail environment than the initial sticker shock. Kyosho's pricing structure to retailers makes it hard to see what market rates would truly do to the product line as it keeps the price point purposely high, think Apple pricing strategies and Kyosho completely makes sense.

I know you've seen the same pricing data I have and know what they market to retailers as the suggested price point and what they advertise they can be sold at 'on sale' for an advertised savings that is well, ludicrous. More often than not, the same 'on sale' price is top end of market value. Like pushing retailers to charge $70+ for an Autoscale with a market value of $50. I think many wouldn't be shocked there is little margin when competitively pricing the products for most items and completely understand retailers hesitation to invest massive inventory dollars into 'premium' products that well, are a tuff sell to the average joe walking in and frankly, large scale drives poking around to see what they are. I could go on at length on this topic but suffice to say, regardless of the perceived quality, if they are significantly more than similar products on the market, it's going to be a tuff road to sales. They do know how to make beautiful bodies though

I saw a Kyo EU post stating $270 range.

Last edited by arch2b; 2020.01.29 at 09:11 PM.
Old 2020.01.29, 10:31 PM   #27
herman

Would love to see a camel sponsored land rover...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.01.30, 07:23 AM   #28
arch2b

Itís nice to see they are addressing what has been described as the two segments of the hobby, scale riggers and crawlers. The Jimny is a nice looking, very to scale and detailed truck whereas the 4Runner is equally detailed but jacked up on crawler tires.
I have no doubt that in a very short time, you will find people adapting model kits. I suspect body mount kits will be some of the first 3d printed parts made since there are Iím sure, no shortage of scale accessories already in the marketplace.

Equally interested to learn just how capable the stock motor is and if a hotter motor is even necessary. Being a standard sized mini-z motor means there are any number of options available.
Old 2020.01.30, 07:53 AM   #29
arch2b

Already have me searching for 1/24 Dakar Rally truck kits there is some nice stuff out there... Overland had some rally trucks, lets hope those carry over to this new line.
Old 2020.01.30, 09:45 AM   #30
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Already have me searching for 1/24 Dakar Rally truck kits there is some nice stuff out there... Overland had some rally trucks, lets hope those carry over to this new line.
Yes, already searching myself for Revell plastic model kits. Would like to mod a land Rover or older Chevy and Bronco body. Would be fun projects.