Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2008.07.18, 09:30 AM   #1
mini-z
Administrator

Arrow Mini-ZRacer.com Midwest PNWC Regional (Ann Arbor, MI)

Due to the lack of a PNWC Regional anywhere near us, we've been talking to PN about hosting a regional here in town - we're still in the the planning/feasibility stages at present, but, if you would like to attend such an event, please let us know by posting to this thread. We should be able to get a decent turnout from Dojo members past and present, but I'd imagine there are a lot of people that would like to race w/ us who can't make the trip twice a month, but would be willing to do so for a single event (we'll be posting hotel info etc. for out of towners). We started working on this before we knew about the recently announced East Coast one on 9/13-14, but, with that being ~10 hours/$100 of gas away, a Midwest Regional is warranted for those more towards our area. Dates are very much up in the air at this point, so feel free to provide input. Please let us know if you'd like to attend, as well as any feedback you have etc. Thanks!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.26, 11:12 PM   #2
svt-racer

Thumbs up

David, this is a great idea to promote the hobby at the local/regional area. I for one, will support the race. It would be nice to be able to compete in a larger group with people that we do not race on a regular basis.

Count me in!
svt-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.27, 07:47 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
HOST, HOST, HOST... east coast is impractical in this economy. i know i could not travel to mi for example for a pn regional.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.05, 11:12 AM   #4
onrailz

Great to see a PN Cup race in the mid-west! This is a great location and a true hot spot for fast R/C drivers!

We have a good sized group at our local track who I know would all compete in such an event too.

Keep us posted on the future details!

Chuck
onrailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.05, 11:29 AM   #5
arch2b

look at it this way.... say you only draw a couple local clubs. your still building the core racing in your region. say a few out of towners come in to run against some of hfay's finest and your even better.

it will come down to awareness and commitment really. you already have all the forums/advertising at your disposal, you nede to motivate other regional clubs to attend.

could we arrange to reserve advertising space for racing series?
Old 2008.08.05, 01:47 PM   #6
mini-z
Administrator

The intention for this thread was to put out feelers to see what kind of turnout we might be able to get other than our own core group; at present, we've not had a single non-Dojo member respond to say they'd be interested in attending - I just wanted to reiterate in case it's not clear - please post to this thread if you'd like to attend - otherwise it will end up as a scaled-down Dojo GTG vs. renting a hotel ballroom etc.
Old 2008.08.05, 01:52 PM   #7
arch2b

do a large number of your core group post actively? most clubs are full of lurkers.
Old 2008.08.07, 11:08 AM   #8
mini-z
Administrator

Question

No - but the intention was for non-Dojo members to respond here, since I can talk to club members when we race. At present, it seems there isn't a single person outside of either coast who is interested in attending a PNWC event, other than those who already race with us?
Old 2008.08.07, 05:41 PM   #9
pinwc4

We are also in the MidWest and would like to participate in the PNWC. Unfortunately since they require the use of Kyosho boards (we mostly have Firelaps) that rules out all but 1 person in our club.

I actually pursued setting up an event last year as we have access to a large amount of space for racing but PN's inflexibility on this stopped us.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.08.07, 05:45 PM   #10
bmxtrev
MidWest Racers

Send a message via AIM to bmxtrev Send a message via MSN to bmxtrev
I would love to go, but i am only 16, and my club is really small. I dont have any money to go to michigan, but every couple of years, we have a family reunion in michigan, so next time i go over there, i'll let you know.
Old 2008.08.08, 02:13 PM   #11
mini-z
Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwc4 View Post
We are also in the MidWest and would like to participate in the PNWC. Unfortunately since they require the use of Kyosho boards (we mostly have Firelaps) that rules out all but 1 person in our club.

I actually pursued setting up an event last year as we have access to a large amount of space for racing but PN's inflexibility on this stopped us.
Don't let PCBs stop you - I would say that most of our members have one if not more cars that they could loan you for the event!
Old 2008.08.08, 02:14 PM   #12
mini-z
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxtrev View Post
I would love to go, but i am only 16, and my club is really small. I dont have any money to go to michigan, but every couple of years, we have a family reunion in michigan, so next time i go over there, i'll let you know.
Trev, definitely keep an eye on mini-zdojo.com and get in touch when you're out this way!