Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2018.02.22, 06:00 PM   #1
Reaper802

Minimus R/C Soft Opening

From the Minimus R/C Raceway social media Page:

If you have a Mini-Z or are interested in learning more about Mini-Z racing this is for you! We are having our first Mini-Z get together/test and tune Saturday 02/24 starting at 5pm. everyone is welcome. We will be racing the Z's year round so you will get a lot of opportunity to increase your RPD (racing per dollar) average. This is an inexpensive way to get into R/C racing and it's just as much fun as the larger cars. We have all the kits that are currently available with the new electronics using the KT-531P transmitter (the only way to go) and many really cool replacement bodies all at competitive pricing. We have sold several kits already and we will be starting to race any minute!

Located in Hughesville, MD inside the Hughesville Bargain Barn

Last edited by mleemor60; 2018.02.22 at 06:14 PM.
Reaper802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.02.22, 06:41 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Awesome! Always happy to see more racing in our region. let me know when it's official and i'll setup a subforum just for you guys! do you have a presence on social media?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.02.22, 06:55 PM   #3
Reaper802

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
Awesome! Always happy to see more racing in our region. let me know when it's official and i'll setup a subforum just for you guys! do you have a presence on social media?
It's not my location, just near my area.

Yes they have a "social media" page but I was just scolded via PM about using it's official name. I didn't know that was a rule around here. In fact I've never encountered such a rule in 20 years of using online forums but hey this isn't my sandbox. I was just trying to let folks in the area know something new is coming. My apologies.
Old 2018.02.22, 07:09 PM   #4
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

No apologies needed. It was a chiding more than a scolding. This family of forums has between 30 and 35,000 spam hits a year of the most unimaginable topics and schemes and it is my job to take out the trash. Since 70% or more of these hits are bots back linking and searching out "the specific name" it has been more expedient to just not allow the "name" that is synonymous with that particular social media outlet.

As I mentioned in the PM, thanks for understanding and helping keep MZR a safe and secure place for all of us to enjoy our pastime.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.02.22, 08:47 PM   #5
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Nice to hear about a new track opening. Hopefully I cam get down there sometime to turn some laps.

The social media ban is annoying at times, bit it keeps the forums free of the spam, so its well worth it. Larger forums often have dedicated personnel or software to battle against these bots...
Old 2018.02.23, 07:17 AM   #6
arch2b

I suspect when this forum upgrades to new version of vbulletin, this spam problem won't be as much of a problem. Until then, draconian measures are a necessary evil unfortunately. Otherwise, staff that volunteer their time to this site over overwhelmed.
Old 2018.02.23, 07:19 AM   #7
arch2b

Can you share a bit more information about the facility? How large is the race track area? RCP, carpet? is there pit space available? Is pit space provided or BYOP (bring your own pit)? Is there Mini-Z product available for sale at the location? What is the cost to race?
Old 2018.02.23, 08:29 AM   #8
Reaper802

I wish I could. I was at the location wit the old owner but he only ran the outdoor dirt oval and road course. I had floated the idea of Mini-Z to him a few times to help cover his costs over the winter. He retired this fall and sold the shop to a new guy.

Getting information out of the new guy isn't easy. The post I copied above is the most I have seen. I asked about RCP and was told he is using a large rubber mat product he has been developing over the last two years. Unclear how well that will work. He also mentioned oval racing to start which sounds painfully boring.

It does sound like he has stuff in stock but it is unclear what classes they will run. Since no one here really runs Mini-Z they have a great opportunity to build classes up the right way, everyone starting on the same foot. I've hinted to them about HFAY but that doesn't seem to grab any attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
Can you share a bit more information about the facility? How large is the race track area? RCP, carpet? is there pit space available? Is pit space provided or BYOP (bring your own pit)? Is there Mini-Z product available for sale at the location? What is the cost to race?
Old 2018.02.24, 03:46 PM   #9
Reaper802

Place looks nice and he had plenty of MR-03s in stock. Getting new folks started on the right foot so that is a great sign. I-Laps timing system coming in the next week or two.

Old 2018.02.24, 03:47 PM   #10
Reaper802

I added photos to the previous post but they are not showing up...
Old 2018.02.24, 03:56 PM   #11
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Check with arch2b. He is the guru for this sort of thing. The way I do it is to use a camera then put the SD card in the computer and download the shots. Then you can upload them with the manage attachments box at the bottom of the reply page. It is kind of archaic but it works.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.02.24, 10:49 PM   #12
Mike Keely

He came and picked up the grey track from Gary's on Thursday. He has two wide L's and a long radius turn kit.
Old 2018.02.25, 01:50 AM   #13
tommy_greeneyes

that's cool another Maryland mini z track. Welcome to the Forum guys. It's nice to see the East Coast growing to race mini z and 1/28 scale cars. I am in the middle of getting my track together and we will racing in Central Jersey area. hope to see you guys at Gary's race March 24th