Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.10.02, 10:07 PM   #1
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Track Planner Set, portable, magnetic

I have been working on this for a few weeks, but was waiting for the materials to create this prototype before I went public with the idea.

I have made a very simple way to design your RCP track layouts, with out the need of a computer, or having to lay out and move the actual track tiles around. It is also small enough you can toss it into your RC case, or into the box with your RCP track. I made little mini tiles that are magnetic, so you can move them around and once you get the track plan you want, you can put it on a scanner or copier and save it for later use, or even upload it here to the forum.

I will be making higher quality versions later, for now if anyone is interested I will sell off a few homemade versions. The homemade version is good enough that I really dont need to bother with a higher grade... but if there is a high demand it will be easier to produce in quantity.

I attached 2 photo samples, one of the overal tiles spread around, some are in pre-attached chunks to make track building faster... I only made 2 L's and a wide expansion set for this prototype, however I have all of the RCP tiles ready to be made, I can even make a custom set based on your tile collection. The completed track layout, uses just 2 L's... a Hfay possible track .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCPMag1.jpg (206.1 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg RCPMag2.jpg (158.7 KB, 118 views)
Old 2006.10.03, 12:13 AM   #2
briankstan

Drac. that is a really cool idea. simple yet very effective. and for those that don't have the design cabablilies on a computer it's perfect.

Good luck in marketing these.
Old 2006.10.03, 02:04 AM   #3
HaCo
02-Racer

Very cool and handy idea!
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.03, 02:39 AM   #4
rkk

Send a message via MSN to rkk Send a message via Yahoo to rkk
Brilliant! a way to lay out track in scale. Brilliant!
rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.03, 07:21 AM   #5
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I think that's a great idea Drac.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.03, 01:03 PM   #6
cdog4w

Thats plain awesome!
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.03, 10:44 PM   #7
hobbycar

Great idea Drac.

What Drac hasn't revealed yet is he also has a to-scale-fully-propo-rc-paper-mini-z that will run on the track. He's just waiting on FCC approval.

-hobbycar
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.10.04, 09:39 AM   #8
Draconious

Actualy that nano tech rc car that cost a few million or whatever, could work on it LoL

There will be a mini tile version... already drew it up just have not created a prototype for it yet, the set will include 1 full mini96 set, 1 mini96 expansion set, and 2x 45 chicanes, 2x 45 straights, and 4x wide inners, and a few spare corners, and a few 3rd (middle) tile finish/start lines. That should be plenty to create any track layout... if some one happens to have more tiles they can just custom order a set, or order 2 mini sets.

I am still playing around with it... and still trying to figure out what its worth to sell it etc...
Old 2006.11.05, 11:13 PM   #9
Draconious

Seems there are a few people posting about track layout ideas, and space requirements... so I should make these available in "prototype form", even tho I am not completely organized with these yet. I can sell these now if anyone needs a planner set, there are a few problems I have not solved yet...

I have not found a good, low cost, light weight, steel board to sell with the sets. Ya gota have somethign to stick the magnets too to use this! -- I do have some scrap steel sheet that I am going to cut up, paint, and make available as a temporary solution... but for now I will have to leave it upto the user to have a magnetic chalk board, erase board, refridgerator or file cabnet handy .

I have not decided on exact set contents yet, but I can make custom sets if the content sets I make are not exactly as needed.

I have also not come to a good price to sell them at... they are not FREE for me to make and sip, so I do have to charge for them, and it takes some time so I should charge for that too... I have a habit of jiping my self with this type of thing .

Anyway... I think I can sell groups of track sets for about $10.00 USD, addon a couple bucks for US shipping. An example of a group would be either, one mini96 set with about two of every mini addon set, or 2 wide L's with a wide expansion set (shown in sample photo above). Basicly a little less than an 8x11 sheet of paper worth of tiles.

If I leave them uncut, and upto the user to cut them out I can sell them a little cheaper, since its time consuming to cut out all the little tiles. However I will cut them out, but I will be adding a few bucks to the kits, more to the mini-96 since its more cutting to do its not so bad, but if I have to cut everyones set, it could take a few days... maybe ill just leave the cutting out as an option when buying them...

This is something that Kyosho would likely charge about $50+ for...
Old 2006.11.06, 07:14 AM   #10
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I would pay 10-12 shipped for a 2Wide L set uncut. Email me if you have one to sell.
Old 2006.11.06, 07:47 AM   #11
Draconious

I do have one

I dont have the metal boards made yet tho... I can make one out of my scrap sheet tho if you need one, I was gona add a few bucks for those, due to shipping weight/size... the meta board is handy so you can carry it around the track, and even put it on a flat bed scanner and save the layout made.
I am just not sure I have a way to cut the scrap sheet and leave the edges "safe" and not like razors lol...
Old 2006.11.06, 08:16 AM   #12
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I don't need the metal board. I think I have a magnetic whiteboard or I could use my fridge and take a picture of the layout...or I could use a file cabinet.

I am sure I can find something.
Old 2006.11.06, 09:31 AM   #13
Draconious

Fire off an email same email is my paypal... should work via the forum button, if not should work from my site...

If anyone wants one, just send an email... include what rcp sets you have, and ill try to just do custom layouts for now... it might actualy be better then trying to make generic sets that fit everyones needs.. would just be a lot of unused tiles in each set.

A mini Tile set could always be used to plan the larger set.. just take the same number of walls and curves. I did make them to scale to each other incase some one wanted to make a mini 96 to wide tile conversion type track layout...
Old 2006.11.13, 09:04 AM   #14
Ronin
The Damaged One

one thing to use around the edges is door edge molding. you can get it at auto zone.
We use it when we cut out the wheelwells of our trucks in real life, you can't lay your frame on the ground on air ride, if the tires hit the wheelwells!
Old 2006.11.13, 09:40 AM   #15
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
drac, i would be interested in:
3 wide l
1 large turn kit
1 45 deg kit

let me know if this is possible
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote