Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.05.05, 03:11 PM   #31
k_bojar

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar Send a message via MSN to k_bojar
Looks cool Davey - can't wait to get up there one night and give it a whril...

PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.06, 07:43 PM   #32
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
Come one down this weekend for practice then Kevin! The RCP infield is a lot of FUN!

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.07, 01:36 AM   #33
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Looks good Dave. I need to get out there sometime... How is the grip comparison from the infield to the baned oval? Looks like it might be tough to get a good setup going, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, as that is half the fun of racing; being inventive with the setup.

I look forward to racing with you again, its been too long
Old 2008.05.07, 10:18 PM   #34
Unstable

I was running it a bit while they were playing with the setup using my nascar MR-015

stock nascar tires really hookup in the infield but slide on the oval and the high grip tires hook on the oval but slide on the infeild.

so yeah... setup will be fun...
Old 2008.05.08, 06:06 AM   #35
k_bojar

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar Send a message via MSN to k_bojar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey G View Post
Come one down this weekend for practice then Kevin! The RCP infield is a lot of FUN!
I want to get up there - but this weekend is out becuase of Mother's Day

PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.10, 08:15 PM   #36
Davey G

So I have been hearing quite a few people stating that IF the entire track is RCP'ed then they will come. Well.....check out the short video that I made of the shop and a few laps of the track. There is a ton of traction on the oval and the transition from the Oval to the RCP is not all that abrupt. Willy Wong stopped by tonight as well and LOVED IT.... Enjoy the video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvju_JXLbM

Old 2008.05.10, 10:26 PM   #37
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Thumbs up

Looks good Dave. Never know....maybe we will get out there one day.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.11, 12:45 AM   #38
EMU
EMUracing

Dave, can you put a NORMAL driver behind the wheel... you make it look too easy. Man, that looks like fun. I just watched that video about 5 times (just the driving part).

I need to get out there.

What are the rules for racing? How does Ad band run there?
Old 2008.05.11, 12:58 AM   #39
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Thats true...........a PRO is driving that car!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.11, 03:32 PM   #40
Davey G

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
Dave, can you put a NORMAL driver behind the wheel... you make it look too easy. Man, that looks like fun. I just watched that video about 5 times (just the driving part).

I need to get out there.

What are the rules for racing? How does Ad band run there?
Both the oval and the roadcoarse classes are open at this point. Exceptions though are must use hard plastic bodies, rubber tires and tires but not exceed the width of the wheelwells. Thanks for the compliment, hope to see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz View Post
Looks good Dave. Never know....maybe we will get out there one day.
C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Down!!!!!!

Old 2008.05.11, 08:54 PM   #41
Unstable

Quote:
Both the oval and the roadcoarse classes are open at this point.
lets see how long they stay open....

I got that blown board back to life with some new fets (I think I cooked one on my first attempt) and got the 07 motor in .... wonder what my lap times are going to be this week.
Old 2008.05.11, 10:48 PM   #42
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Nice lap Davey G. I notice no RCP borders on the outside wall of the oval and could not tell if there is RCP borders on the inside wall of the oval. If that is true, it wont take much to destroy an autoscale body. Please RCP those borders... and while your at it RCP the rest of the oval

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.12, 01:26 AM   #43
EMU
EMUracing

I like having a harder board on the oval. The cars will be much less likely to get sucked into the boards, spun and plowed into by other drivers. If anything, put a thin foam with lexan. So the cars will slide if grazed, but the harder impacts would not be as damaging as a concrete or wood border if hit at a more direct angle.

I dont like to run Autoscale bodies anyway. Too fragile. The white bodies, are much better on impacts, and you can custom paint them to make the car more original If the body is available in both ASC and unpainted form, I allways go with the unpainted.
Old 2008.05.12, 10:24 AM   #44
Davey G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m View Post
Nice lap Davey G. I notice no RCP borders on the outside wall of the oval and could not tell if there is RCP borders on the inside wall of the oval. If that is true, it wont take much to destroy an autoscale body. Please RCP those borders... and while your at it RCP the rest of the oval
Softwalls on the inner perimeter of the oval for now only, the outter perimeter has a hard rubber mounted to the wood

RCP costs $$$$, slowly but surely we are getting there. The owners have stated that the entire track will be RCP soon enough!!! So when are you stopping by??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I like having a harder board on the oval. The cars will be much less likely to get sucked into the boards, spun and plowed into by other drivers. If anything, put a thin foam with lexan. So the cars will slide if grazed, but the harder impacts would not be as damaging as a concrete or wood border if hit at a more direct angle.

I dont like to run Autoscale bodies anyway. Too fragile. The white bodies, are much better on impacts, and you can custom paint them to make the car more original If the body is available in both ASC and unpainted form, I allways go with the unpainted.
The soft walls are on the inside perimeter of the oval and yes...they suck you in... UGH!! The original painted wood I liked better due to being able to ride them and not get too messed up. But the soft walls are more friendly for beginners.

Old 2008.05.12, 11:56 AM   #45
tommy_greeneyes

fun

Quote:
So I have been hearing quite a few people stating that IF the entire track is RCP'ed then they will come. Well.....check out the short video that I made of the shop and a few laps of the track. There is a ton of traction on the oval and the transition from the Oval to the RCP is not all that abrupt. Willy Wong stopped by tonight as well and LOVED IT.... Enjoy the video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvju_JXLbM

to let everyone now, i been to this track two times and had so much fun, The Oval track racing is even fun, but how dave hook up the infield for RCP , the transition to the Oval to infield is GREAT , you just need to get the right set-up for your driving. For me i am setting up a mr-02 for the infield and 015 for the Oval.

Last edited by tommy_greeneyes; 2008.05.12 at 12:02 PM.
tommy_greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote