Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.06.25, 11:23 PM   #1
xmodcanuck

xmodcanuck's paint jobs

This was my first paint job. I think it turned our pretty nice....finally. I originally was trying to do a two-tone, but had so many problems that I settled for this. Paint is Krylon fusion for plastic with future floor polish final coat.

Q & C welcome.
xmodcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.25, 11:26 PM   #2
xmodcanuck

Then my buddy who I race with wanted me to paint a body for him. As a 2nd paint job, it was a bit easier. His was painted with automotive colors and krylon clear and 2 coats future. Also tinted the windows with VHT.

Q & C welcome.
Old 2011.06.26, 08:25 PM   #3
KA2AEV
Mike

Wow
nice!!!

Team Golddust Racing
Crew Chief of "The Tottenville Terror"
T.G.R. is Sponsored By:
Team Antigua "V26B"
The Caribbean's Premier Contest Station
KA2AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.28, 05:51 AM   #4
herman

cool paintjob...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.29, 12:58 AM   #5
xmodcanuck

Thanks guys.

It was fun/frustrating and I learned a lot. Hopefully my Subaru turns out as well and it seems my buddy wants me to paint another for him.
Old 2012.07.01, 12:05 AM   #6
xmodcanuck

Quick & Dirty Enzo

I had this black Iwaver Enzo body sitting around for quite a while. I don't race with it because it's black. I didn't have much luck with my last attempt at taping but this turned out way better. I called it 'Quick & Dirty' because I painted it on my front porch.
I had the same problem with this Enzo that I did with the last one. I paid too much attention to spraying the sides that the top ended up with too little paint on it. I decided if I was going to go through the trouble of taping off the roof and re-spraying it, I was going to do it black. Also added some black to the rockers and vents. Again, quick and dirty on the front porch.

Q & C welcome.
Old 2012.12.05, 12:38 AM   #7
xmodcanuck

My buddy wanted me to do another paint job and with everything that's been going on, it's only taken me 6 months to get to this point.

First layer - yellow.

And this is just me screwing with him. I told him he wasn't going to see anything or know anything until I was done. So I've been sending him crap pics like these.

I think that's the light bucket.

It really does look pretty awesome. My taping skills have improved hugely and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. I just need to clear it, glue all the bits on and then I can take some real pics.
Old 2012.12.06, 12:40 AM   #8
herman

pretty cool paintjobs... do you race any of these bodies? how does the paintjob stand up to racing on the track? any chips / marks? what type of tape do you use on the bodies?
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.02.09, 06:48 PM   #9
xmodcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
pretty cool paintjobs... do you race any of these bodies? how does the paintjob stand up to racing on the track? any chips / marks? what type of tape do you use on the bodies?
I planned on racing my orange Enzo, just haven't. I've had more success with different wheelbases.

The yellow Lambo was painted with no primer and automotive paint, which I was not sure of, but it was what I was given to use. It has chipped some. My next paint job is done with all Krylon Fusion for plastic so I'm hoping for better chip resistance.

I use yellow Tamiya tape for detail and green painters tape for larger areas.

Well that took long enough. I finally got this finished.

Q & C welcome.
Old 2013.02.09, 07:50 PM   #10
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Nice work man! I like the orange Enzo best!
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote