Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.02.09, 11:47 AM   #1
bassman00

RCP-Track Q's

Is it possible to hook up a narrow oval RCP Track to either the Wide Oval or Wide L? I have a Wide L and would like to expand but my space is limited and a narrow would fit.

Also, will there be a Narrow L or an expansion for it so we can create similar layouts to the Wide tracks?

Thanks,
PaulD
bassman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.11, 07:38 PM   #2
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

The Narrow Oval basically takes 3 tiles to make two lanes and the Wide Oval takes 4 tiles to make two lanes. I have included a picture of one way you could combine the Narrow with the Wide lane kits.

You can add the center tiles that incorporate a rail down the center of the tile into the Wide lane layout to make two smaller lanes. You could use this extra lane as either an optional pathway for those that take the corner wide to maintain speed and for those that want to slow down to take the corner sharp. You could also use the outside lane as a pit lane to drive off the main course to pick up your car or stop without blocking others driving path. I suppose you could use the center rail as obstacles, to make your track more technical.

The Narrow Oval kits come with the same straight side rail and outside corner rails as the Wide lane kits, with the addition of a center rail down the center of 4 of the tiles. We have designed a 1/24 scale drag strip for Radio Shacks Xmods tournament, using the Narrow Oval system, which incorporateds two lanes with a center rail down the center.

I am debating whether to make center turn rails for the narrow Oval tracks or just make the Kyosho Mini-tile tracks which incorporate the same layout system as the Wide lane kits, but with a smaller tile size. It is much easier to expand the Wide lane system than it would be to expand the Narrow Oval kits with a center turn rail. The Mini-Tile tracks allow you to build a more technical track in a limited space, since the lane width is about 20".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-397f.jpg (126.4 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.02.11 at 07:42 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.11, 08:12 PM   #3
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Here is one way you could return the pit lane back to the main course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-402f.jpg (128.2 KB, 99 views)
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.11, 08:22 PM   #4
terraz

Hey I Like the pit lane idea. I think I will try that only smaller width than you have in pic, I will just kinda custom fit some tiles to make it work, IDEA !!!! Take three each corner section tiles the squre ones and use the one hole in center to attach the rail and leave a opening in front and rear. Iwill try and post a pic if i can make it work. what do you think John??

Terraz
terraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.11, 08:57 PM   #5
terraz

OK I think it works, take a look.

i still need to put a barrier wall on the pit area and do the same thing on the oposite side, to renter the track. What do you think
maybe if we could fiqure out how many squares it takes to do this RCP could sell it to us as an upgrade. IS anyone listening LOL

Terraz
Old 2004.02.11, 08:58 PM   #6
terraz

WWhoops forgot the photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-008s.jpg (36.7 KB, 120 views)
Old 2004.02.11, 09:01 PM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
your idea looks a littel simpler than rcps picture however i would want the pit lane to be much narrower. no need for it to be two tiles wide. i think a turn instead of the edge tile on the bottom would look better too

rcp- do you make a tile with edge pin holes on either side so we can make a one tile wide pit lane?

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.02.11 at 09:03 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.02.11, 09:08 PM   #8
terraz

Arch the one on the right side is the pit lane it is only one tile.
Sorry for confusion. i agreee the corner would be better but I dont think it will connect with the opposite tile. I will give it a try.

Terraz
Old 2004.02.11, 09:14 PM   #9
terraz

Hea Arch it actually work beter with the corner because the corner piece is narrower than the square so you can attach the rail to the two corners Here is a couple of photos.

Terraz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-009s.jpg (36.8 KB, 106 views)
Old 2004.02.11, 09:15 PM   #10
terraz

And another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-010s.jpg (37.6 KB, 91 views)
Old 2004.02.11, 09:32 PM   #11
arch2b

that is exactly what i want to do on my long straight! except i wan side rials on both sides of the pit lane... rcp will have to tell us if such tiles exist to allow us to do that.

i'd still like to get a ramp from floor to track inlue of one side rail on a tile in the pit lane as well as painted staggered starting positions on tiles to go behind the starting line.

why is it that the side rail just after the turn rail doesn't join up right?

Last edited by arch2b; 2004.02.11 at 09:34 PM.
Old 2004.02.11, 09:39 PM   #12
terraz

I set it there so you could see that the side rail will rest on the normal track and attach to the corner rail at both ends, so the only thing you would have to do is attach the one or two side rails in the midle, some how. Dose that make since???

Terraz
Old 2004.02.11, 09:42 PM   #13
terraz

RAMP?
I think you could just dremel one of them to the angleyou want.

Just like at the off roa course I run with my 8th scale.

Terraz
Old 2004.02.11, 09:45 PM   #14
arch2b

not sure i follow....

i'be be happy with the pit lane being 2 tiles long for the entrance as you have, same for the exit with one tile long straight (a total of 5 tiles long). it just has to be long enough to allow me to get of traffic etc. i'd like to use the offroad tiles for the entrance just to remind me/others to slow down too
Old 2004.02.11, 09:46 PM   #15
terraz

Here is a list of what you would need.

2-corner's and rails
2- corner squares
1or2 striaght's x 2 rails one on each side
6 corner rails the small red ones.

If RCP would sell this as an upgrade, I would buy one. what abought you arch??

Terraz